SDN member name meaning?

Started by LittleWiz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ricki Annie Cara Cate Casey Jim Luc Molly (RACCCJLM) - Ricki's my dog and the rest are the raccoons I raised during a wildlife rehab internship

at my wildlife internship, I named every single fawn. there were 9. I became the only person who could give them meds, because well myself and the other intern who I had learn the names with me were the only ones who could actually identify them. worked great until I became too attached and it was time to release them. perhaps a more appropriate name for me would be bambi (and no that was not a name given to any of them)!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bbeventer - Yes, I absolutely loved working with them! They are marvelously curious and quite intelligent. They can be nasty pieces of work if they don't know you, but they are very loving and affectionate if you are 'mum' 🙂 It's amazing how fast they go wild! After I left, I learned that there tolerance of humans pretty much became nill. They're roaming free somewhere now 🙂

squibby - I know what you mean haha! Though too often I prounce them wrong in my head anyway...as stated by heylodeb...I was saying: psi love thomas. And HopefulAg will forever be hopeful antigen to me 😀

futurevet3000 - I totally know where you're coming from! I raised fawns too. They are so darned cute and it is amazing (but very hard at the same time) to see them returned to the wild.
 
Saluki313. My breed of dog is the saluki (and dobermans!😍) and my birthday is March 13th.
 
monkey poo. let's talk about poo. I had a monkey. his name was peanut. When i would tell them this, Peoples first response was ALWAYS "OMG those things throw poo." and mine was "OMG he does not." --->step up on soap box titled - if you enrich your monkeys life, he will not need to throw poo.--->step down from soap box, deep breath. And so, the name monkey poo is born.😍
 
Poco Calypso was the registered name of the first horse I ever rode and I rode her every day until my grandma gave her away and I never saw her again. (And she was a gorgeous Quarter Horse=QH part.)

Interesting thread btw, I've been wondering about all the names on here myself 🙂
 
Raider = college mascot, TXgirl = self-explanatory 😉. Yeah, I'm joining the "lack of imagination" bandwagon 😛
 
Saluki313. My breed of dog is the saluki (and dobermans!😍) and my birthday is March 13th.

Salukis are sooo cool!
I saw this Nature program a while ago on the evolution of dogs and they were talking about the Saluki as one of the first domesticated dogs in the middle east. They're really good at chasing hares in the desert.

"laitman" is a family name...but I thought it sounded like "milk person," (in pseudo-French) which then reminded me of diary or cows. ::thought-tangent::
And then "vet" for more obvious reasons.
 
When my boyfriend and I talk about the dog that we might have some day he likes to start giving names to this imaginary dog. We've come up with the name Cuya which is short for Maracuya (which in Spanish means passion fruit). I also happen to loveeee passion fruits (too bad you can't really find them in America). My boyfriend is Dominican and they have crazy Spanish slang so in Dominican Spanish passion fruit = Chinola.

And considering I go El Palacio de los Jugos ("the juice palace" - an awesome little hispanic food place that has chains in Miami) every chance I get to buy passion fruit juice, I thought the name was fitting.

That was a long explanation for what in my mind was so simple 😛
 
Salukis are sooo cool!
I saw this Nature program a while ago on the evolution of dogs and they were talking about the Saluki as one of the first domesticated dogs in the middle east. They're really good at chasing hares in the desert.
.

SO funny you should mention that! I saw that program also, and put up a post on my facebook about how dogs are absolutely amazing and too many people take them for granted and don't realize how incredible they are. My friend Dana, DVM student at Ross commented, "Why aren't you in vet school?" ...and that was the moment. Yeah, why wasn't I in vet school? Who was I kidding? Funny how one little sentence can change a life. Sorry didn't mean to highjack! Back to names...
 
I may have posted in the previous thread, but yeah. I guess I have this name because like Lithuanian mythology/names? XD

Ausheya is a mish-mash, anglicized version of the names Aušra (Lithuanian for dawn) and Audeja (J pronounced like English Y) who is a Lithuanian goddess, kind of similar to one of the Fates from Greek myth. Don't know much about her other than that, but yeah. I mostly just like how the name sounds.
 
I'll join all of the really unimaginative people 😎 I ride horses and my horse sport of choice is eventing 😉
 
So mine is pretty self explanatory....kind of has two meanings. I'm a big time cat lover, and I also love big cats 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Smedley is the the most awesome australian sheperd ever (mine). He was named after Smedley Butler, a Marine Corps hero, because I am a former Marine 🙂.
 
fromthebox came from two places. First, I work as a police dispatcher, and our room can't be more than 12'x14' (I'm sitting in it now, and count 14 computer screens as well) and we call it "the box" Second, I used to have this apartment which was 11'x14' including the bathroom and kitchen, with barely 7 1/2 foot ceilings and no internet. The only time I was online was at work, thus all my comments came "From the box" 😀
 
Mine is a real thinker.

Lovemydobies= I love my dobermans ahha. I'm very creative don't you think?:laugh:
 
Mine old ferret's name was Silly and my name is Mandy.
SillyMandy is always taken so SilyMnd is a shortened form that's unique!