SGU 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an email from Krista saying that my determination will be sent on the 28th as the committee had a meeting cancellation this week

Members don't see this ad.

I recently got an acceptance to my second choice school so I will be turning down my offer to st.george. Not sure how to go about that since it didn’t say on the acceptance email I received so will be shooting Krista an email. Good luck to everyone in this application cycle and hope you guys hear good news soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone with a 28th final determination receive their final determination yet? I keep refreshing my email. :nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone with a 28th final determination receive their final determination yet? I keep refreshing my email. :nailbiting:

No, not yet!:nailbiting: I've been checking my email like every 15 minutes

Congrats!!! Hopefully I'll hear today too. When did you get your initial final determination email?
I had my interview October 22nd, final determination email November 9th, an update December 6th telling me I would hear back by the 21st and then an email on the 20th saying it would be delayed until the 28th (today). Hopefully you’ll hear back soon!

I just got my acceptance!!:soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
Heading down to SGU next week for the start of vet school!! If any of you are starting this January with me or in August and want to hang out and/or ask me questions, please feel free to PM me.

Reactions: 3 users
Heading down to SGU next week for the start of vet school!! If any of you are starting this January with me or in August and want to hang out and/or ask me questions, please feel free to PM me.
Congratulations! I have a conditional offer. I don’t know if I’ll be able to get 200 additional large animal vet hours between now and August but I’m going to try! I’d love to hear how you like SGU once you’ve settled in. :clap:

Oh wow! I didn’t realize you were starting in the Spring! Good luck ArizonaSkye!

I’ll be checking in on you from time to time & keep you posted on if I will be there in August or not since I am still waiting on a few US schools.

Last edited:
Congratulations! I have a conditional offer. I don’t know if I’ll be able to get 200 additional large animal vet hours between now and August but I’m going to try! I’d love to hear how you like SGU once you’ve settled in. :clap:

Of course! I'll try to update!

Members don't see this ad :)

For those that received conditional acceptances, were your conditions given in the acceptance email or in your acceptance packet?

For those that received conditional acceptances, were your conditions given in the acceptance email or in your acceptance packet?

Mine was in the packet & they also mentioned it when I first submitted my application.

I haven’t received my acceptance package yet but the conditions were mentioned in an email before my interview and also briefly in the acceptance email. Anyone know if they’ll let me defer my start date if I can’t meet the conditions in time?

I got an email stating I would hear back the 28th of January. Idk if I can wait three whole weeks!

Also curious, I’ll have to buy a laptop when I go back to school. All the threads I see are outdated discussions from 2010-2011. I haven’t bought a laptop in about 8 years and I’m in desperate need of one. Anyone in the same boat?? What kind of computer do you guys have and do you love it or hate it?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Also curious, I’ll have to buy a laptop when I go back to school. All the threads I see are outdated discussions from 2010-2011. I haven’t bought a laptop in about 8 years and I’m in desperate need of one. Anyone in the same boat?? What kind of computer do you guys have and do you love it or hate it?

I’m in the same boat. I think some schools require specific laptops or laptops with certain features so I’m waiting until I find out where I end up before dropping money on a new laptop.

I’m in the same boat. I think some schools require specific laptops or laptops with certain features so I’m waiting until I find out where I end up before dropping money on a new laptop.

Same here!

Living on campus is mandatory first term for DVM and MD students I believe

You can opt out if you bring animals down or have SO. some students claimed to bring down animals and never did to opt out.

Reactions: 1 users
You can opt out if you bring animals down or have SO. some students claimed to bring down animals and never did to opt out.
Yeah I'm going to be bringing an animal *if I get accepted* but I was considering seeing if my mom would take care of her if there were any benefits to living on campus, such as building better connections instead of living off campus.

Yeah I'm going to be bringing an animal *if I get accepted* but I was considering seeing if my mom would take care of her if there were any benefits to living on campus, such as building better connections instead of living off campus.

It depends on what youre wanting to do. Most ppl live on campus first term to lower stress and learn about the island before trying to find an apartment.

If you live far from campus, you limit the usage of gym and study halls unless you stay very late and use the bus system. I generally walk to and from campus since im faster than the bus and dont feel like going by their schedule or finding out the bus was full. You can probably solve that by renting a car.

I think it just depends on you as a person and your preferences. I have never moved away from home before, so I chose to live on campus and I feel like that was a good chouce for me. I love having roommates who are also vet students in my class. It's super convenient living on campus since everywhere is within walking distance like the bus area.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m supposed to hear back today, but still haven’t heard anything. What time did you guys receive your emails? First thing in the morning? It’s 3 o clock where I live.

I’m supposed to hear back today, but still haven’t heard anything. What time did you guys receive your emails? First thing in the morning? It’s 3 o clock where I live.
I haven't heard anything either :-(