You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
SGU 2023
Started by ChasingMyDVM
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I recently got an acceptance to my second choice school so I will be turning down my offer to st.george. Not sure how to go about that since it didn’t say on the acceptance email I received so will be shooting Krista an email. Good luck to everyone in this application cycle and hope you guys hear good news soon!
Anyone with a 28th final determination receive their final determination yet? I keep refreshing my email. 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone with a 28th final determination receive their final determination yet? I keep refreshing my email.![]()
No, not yet!
I just received my acceptance!
I just received my acceptance!
Congrats!!! Hopefully I'll hear today too. When did you get your initial final determination email?
I had my interview October 22nd, final determination email November 9th, an update December 6th telling me I would hear back by the 21st and then an email on the 20th saying it would be delayed until the 28th (today). Hopefully you’ll hear back soon!Congrats!!! Hopefully I'll hear today too. When did you get your initial final determination email?
Congratulations!!! 😀I just got my acceptance!!![]()
D
deleted955608
Heading down to SGU next week for the start of vet school!! If any of you are starting this January with me or in August and want to hang out and/or ask me questions, please feel free to PM me.
Congratulations! I have a conditional offer. I don’t know if I’ll be able to get 200 additional large animal vet hours between now and August but I’m going to try! I’d love to hear how you like SGU once you’ve settled in.Heading down to SGU next week for the start of vet school!! If any of you are starting this January with me or in August and want to hang out and/or ask me questions, please feel free to PM me.

D
deleted955608
Congratulations! I have a conditional offer. I don’t know if I’ll be able to get 200 additional large animal vet hours between now and August but I’m going to try! I’d love to hear how you like SGU once you’ve settled in.![]()
Of course! I'll try to update!
Congratulations! I have a conditional offer. I don’t know if I’ll be able to get 200 additional large animal vet hours between now and August but I’m going to try! I’d love to hear how you like SGU once you’ve settled in.![]()
For those that received conditional acceptances, were your conditions given in the acceptance email or in your acceptance packet?
Ag_2016
Full Member
For those that received conditional acceptances, were your conditions given in the acceptance email or in your acceptance packet?
Mine was in the packet & they also mentioned it when I first submitted my application.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven’t received my acceptance package yet but the conditions were mentioned in an email before my interview and also briefly in the acceptance email. Anyone know if they’ll let me defer my start date if I can’t meet the conditions in time?For those that received conditional acceptances, were your conditions given in the acceptance email or in your acceptance packet?
I got an email stating I would hear back the 28th of January. Idk if I can wait three whole weeks!
Also curious, I’ll have to buy a laptop when I go back to school. All the threads I see are outdated discussions from 2010-2011. I haven’t bought a laptop in about 8 years and I’m in desperate need of one. Anyone in the same boat?? What kind of computer do you guys have and do you love it or hate it?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I’m in the same boat. I think some schools require specific laptops or laptops with certain features so I’m waiting until I find out where I end up before dropping money on a new laptop.Also curious, I’ll have to buy a laptop when I go back to school. All the threads I see are outdated discussions from 2010-2011. I haven’t bought a laptop in about 8 years and I’m in desperate need of one. Anyone in the same boat?? What kind of computer do you guys have and do you love it or hate it?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Has anyone committed to SGU yet?
I have
D
deleted955608
i did and i'm here right now for the January start.Has anyone committed to SGU yet?
I’m in the same boat. I think some schools require specific laptops or laptops with certain features so I’m waiting until I find out where I end up before dropping money on a new laptop.
Same here!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats!!!!! For the January or August class?I have
Congrats!!!!! For the January or August class?
August! How about you? Have you committed?
Ag_2016
Full Member
i did and i'm here right now for the January start.
How beautiful is it? How are you liking the island so far?
August too! I plan on submitting my deposit tomorrow!August! How about you? Have you committed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted955608
It’s gorgeous. Everyone is so welcoming and helpful.How beautiful is it? How are you liking the island so far?
Ag_2016
Full Member
It’s gorgeous. Everyone is so welcoming and helpful.
That’s great! Had the semester started yet?
D
deleted955608
Not yet. It starts Monday. I'm in orientation right now.That’s great! Had the semester started yet?
Are you living on campus?Not yet. It starts Monday. I'm in orientation right now.
Are you living on campus?
Living on campus is mandatory first term for DVM and MD students I believe
Living on campus is mandatory first term for DVM and MD students I believe
You can opt out if you bring animals down or have SO. some students claimed to bring down animals and never did to opt out.
D
deleted955608
Yes I am! You have to live on campus first year unless you have a pet or so or a child.Are you living on campus?
Ag_2016
Full Member
You have to live on campus first year unless you have a pet or so or a child.
This may be a slow question but what is “SO”?
D
deleted955608
SO=significant otherThis may be a slow question but what is “SO”?
Ag_2016
Full Member
SO=significant other
Lmao Ooooohhh! that’s why I didn’t know. #SingleLife [emoji23]
D
deleted955608
haha no worries!Lmao Ooooohhh! that’s why I didn’t know. #SingleLife [emoji23]
Yeah I'm going to be bringing an animal *if I get accepted* but I was considering seeing if my mom would take care of her if there were any benefits to living on campus, such as building better connections instead of living off campus.You can opt out if you bring animals down or have SO. some students claimed to bring down animals and never did to opt out.
Yeah I'm going to be bringing an animal *if I get accepted* but I was considering seeing if my mom would take care of her if there were any benefits to living on campus, such as building better connections instead of living off campus.
It depends on what youre wanting to do. Most ppl live on campus first term to lower stress and learn about the island before trying to find an apartment.
If you live far from campus, you limit the usage of gym and study halls unless you stay very late and use the bus system. I generally walk to and from campus since im faster than the bus and dont feel like going by their schedule or finding out the bus was full. You can probably solve that by renting a car.
I think it just depends on you as a person and your preferences. I have never moved away from home before, so I chose to live on campus and I feel like that was a good chouce for me. I love having roommates who are also vet students in my class. It's super convenient living on campus since everywhere is within walking distance like the bus area.Yeah I'm going to be bringing an animal *if I get accepted* but I was considering seeing if my mom would take care of her if there were any benefits to living on campus, such as building better connections instead of living off campus.
I wasWas anyone accepted to VFP ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ag_2016
Full Member
I was
Same! For Fall?
yes!Same! For Fall?
I’m supposed to hear back today, but still haven’t heard anything. What time did you guys receive your emails? First thing in the morning? It’s 3 o clock where I live.
I haven't heard anything either :-(I’m supposed to hear back today, but still haven’t heard anything. What time did you guys receive your emails? First thing in the morning? It’s 3 o clock where I live.
SabrinamarieDVM
Full Member
Same hereI haven't heard anything either :-(
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 1K
