Smash Bros WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Slightly Official Lynch Tally day 8
DvmD (7)- stagg, wz, Mel, sar, pippy, paws, dvmd
AM (1)- kc
Pippy() -

8/15

Lynch deadline at 9 PM CST.

tumblr_ngjnhqPkVS1tsw010o1_500.gif
That gif tho.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Noted this in the N6 writeup but I'm not really sure what to make of it
Just as they said that, everything seemed to tilt under the players' feet. Why were they sliding? Silenced and scrambling, everyone soon realized that this would be a long day.

...Good thing some players seem to be inexplicable with their move usage.

Also, N5 was one of the no kill nights, which should have been a night that Glamm/bj got an extra kill. So not sure what happened there.

Reactions: 1 user
Once we answer the dvmd question one way or another today, my gut feeling is we are looking at some sort of convert. Otherwise man there were a lot of og wolves.

That said, I havent seen anything blatant in the writeups that sound like conversion to me so I'm most suspicious of cray at this time. It would make sense for me for one rez to be vanilla villager and another to be vanilla wolf.

I think the n6 writeup was basically just homage to covfefe's astounding protection skills.

The bit from last night's writeup could be referencing a day conversion, but I think it was just flavour text focused on what we were talking about through that day cycle. May be erroneous, but that's how I read it and seems to be consistent with other writeup posts that have game commentary

Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch ny

So, I can have a vote on the board.

Slightly Official Lynch Tally day 8
DvmD (8)- stagg, wz, Mel, sar, pippy, paws, dvmd, allie
AM (1)- kc
Pippy() -
ny (1) - AM

10/15

Lynch deadline at 9 PM CST.

Reactions: 1 users
I suppose if everyone really wants to push this lynch today just to see what happens I could go with it. I honestly don’t completely understand all the third party chaos roles, Mixy tried to explain a little before she died, and that helped some but I’m not going to pretend to be an expert.
But my thought was converts just because another wolf would be a lot (like others have pointed out) although completely possible.

Lynch DVMD

I have reason to believe if there is a convert it isn’t Cray. I’m looking at KC and LotF for originals.

KC because mild feels on the way AM pushed both her and Skimble for the “I don’t feel comfortable voting with suspect A for suspect B thing”
LotF for something relating to PBC. I’m out and don’t have my notes but I think it was the PBC v Jboo vote that isn’t sitting right with me.

I have reason to believe if there is a convert it isn’t Cray. I’m looking at KC and LotF for originals.

KC because mild feels on the way AM pushed both her and Skimble for the “I don’t feel comfortable voting with suspect A for suspect B thing”
LotF for something relating to PBC. I’m out and don’t have my notes but I think it was the PBC v Jboo vote that isn’t sitting right with me.
Do you think KC would tunnel so hard if she was wolfy? I had been getting feels from her, too, but I also think she's a better wolf than to aggressively push a kinda indefensible position to the degree she is still doing it.

Gardenias are lovely blossoms

Do you think KC would tunnel so hard if she was wolfy? I had been getting feels from her, too, but I also think she's a better wolf than to aggressively push a kinda indefensible position to the degree she is still doing it.

LotF and KC are the only two ??? left on my list which is why I think they’d be originals. KC’s excessive tunneling and I remember her being a little more low key when I wolfed with her in TLM so the outburst she had at AM push her more village that LotF so I’m more willing to vote LotF tomorrow.

my wolf radar is bad this game. i have voted for exactly one (1) wolf, and not even on the day they were lynched.

lynch genny

good convert choice. idk.

End Day 8

It was decided. DVMD had to die.

Someone threw her into the path of oncoming karts almost immediately. Bombs exploded. Boomerangs flew. Laser beams and magic were fired.

mariok1.jpg

And what a good sport about it, she was. It almost didn't seem to faze her. DVMD faced an onslaught of attacks... like a punching bag, if you will. One final well-aimed hit launched her off the stage. Confetti exploded everywhere as soon as she was hit, and she left a... trail of food...? in her wake? We watched her disappear into the horizon.

DVMD appeared back on the stage a few moments later. No one has died.

The Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @Melchizedek
3. @WildZoo
6. @allieh8607/@Karabiner13 hydra
8. @dolphin106258
9. @kcoughli
10. @nyanko
12. @LadyOtheFarm
14. @SARdoghandler
16. @genny
21. @Stagg737
26. @DVMDream
5. @Crayola227
25. @PippyPony
27. @StayingPositive2017

Dead:
24. Coopah - Sheik, Untrackable wolf
20. johnnaboo - Mewtwo, PMer
13. allieh8607 - Wolf, Bodyguard
4. PrincessButterCup - Zelda, ability seer
22. bryndiana.jones - Little Mac, vig
17. Miranda Senft - Kirby, ability copier
18. Mad Jack
11. TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo - Bowser, Framer wolf
Skimble - Villager, pocket
15. @CoffeeQuestionMark - Dr. Mario, protector
23. @bryndiana.jones - Dark Pit, EON kill
7. @MixedAnimals77 - Mario, vanilla

It is now Night 8. Lynch close at 6 AM CST.​

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I guess to late to Lynch DVMD?

Just got home from a doctor appointment where the docs came in, went over what we had already discussed, said ok good, and then promptly forgot us for over an hour and a half. According to the thermostat, it got to over 83° in there. I did get a little nap because of it though, before the 2 hour drive home.

That was that thing where you confused me for kc. You can iso your own quotes from yesterday for reference.

Also, I took over for Elfabeth. You were pretty sure she was village, so that should at least make you rethink the possibility of my being an OG wolf.

Food? All I can think of is Bananas related to Mariocart. Who knows the game enough to get this reference?

Or is it saying that she made the capsules?

That was that thing where you confused me for kc. You can iso your own quotes from yesterday for reference.

Also, I took over for Elfabeth. You were pretty sure she was village, so that should at least make you rethink the possibility of my being an OG wolf.
I confused you and KC for defending skimble yesterday. I am pretty sure it was you that subbed in when PBC was up for lynch and then hedges on where to vote. You came back and voted jboo. That doesn’t look good.

food in smash restores percentage points (heals damage)
Dammit does that mean that everyone who got food from capsules has a lynch/death avoidance?

ETA: or are we dealing with alpha wolf?

So my thoughts on the lynch:

1. Dvmd is alpha and there's another wolf to kill before her. Probably a covert given numbers.

2. Dvmd has some power that was activated by her getting lynched/she met some condition.

3. We can't kill her while we're playing Mario Kart.

To the third point, why are we now playing Mario Kart? Idk if this is a random game mechanic or if it has to do with someone' so ability, but it's strange to me.

I don't think it's that weird. With the focus potentially shifting towards converts soon, and previous conversations about one of the rezzes potentially coming back as a wolf, I'm not all surprised that one of the rezzes was killed to maybe throw even more suspicion on the other one.

Also not sure why the wolves would automatically go for the tracker. In my wolfpack with genny that one game, we specifically sat on the tracker and some other PRs we uncovered at time, because we suspected there might be protection mechanics at work and whatnot. We were more focused on trying to make sure NKs actually went through and weren't wasted, killing to cast suspicion were we wanted without drawing it, confusing people, leaving those most likely to be killed by village. Also anyone that was too smart. Those that emerge as "town leaders."

Who knows what the wolves know? There's been some weird mechanics with those capsules and such.

Not to mention, as people have, how this might set me up for mislynch. I know as a wolf we frequently will night kill anyone that is read as too strongly village, which my sense from the thread was that Mixy wasn't getting a lot of suspicion despite being a rez and us starting to convert hunt. She seems much less mislynchable than me. Ergo, they probably figure the only way to get Mixy out of the game was a NK. Killing those with too much village cred and leaving the sketchtastic is just basic wolf strategy. So I hardly think I'm giving them ideas right about now.

Basically, I don't think this tells us a whole lot about who is a wolf by examining what can likely be chalked up to basic wolf strategy.

Not sure why it seems so strange when it's easily explained.

You’re just demanding results now? Do you see how this could be problematic if we have more than one wolf left? I tell you who I checked last night because they were doing nothing but actually it was a wolf on an off night, and since the wolves know I already checked that person, they do the rest of the kills and my role is useless going forward.

So was this a wolfy question by Paws? Or a village misstep? Hard to say.

Can someone explain to me how we know for sure that genny is village tracker? I must have missed it. I know I'm extra dumb this game since I didn't really digest like 20 pages

It's fun too because I totally would!

But yes the genny as convert option crossed my mind too. I don't want to think about it :grumpy:

that is where my mind is going

she was strangely vehement when she thought I was throwing shade when I really wasn't throwing much her way, seemed like total overreaction. She didn't reply and don't know what that's about. She seems pretty testy this game, and not totally sure how to take that. She's participating more, which is generally more like village genny than wolfy genny, but I don't know.

maybe she's doing that just so that you think that.... WIFOM

you know her meta better I think, I notice the presence of tunneling like be a wolf or village tell for some players

OK, great, didn't see lynch was closed since I always go back to where I started and then start commenting PbPa right where I left off, thinking I had until 7 pm.... annoying, sorry, otherwise all my thoughts leave my head. I sorta like my virgin reactions to what people have said without seeing everyone else's replies to it later on.

My apologies. So take my comments in that vein, of before seeing the write up.