Smash Bros WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Contingency lynch LotF

yes I agree that your interpretation of the events surrounding the PBC v.s. JBoo lynch is possible, but I also feel like my interpretation is possible. If you're not a wolf then I'm switching to convert hunting mode, but not until I have an answer on you one way or the other.

really not liking your votes and thoughts this game, Mel
I don't mean that personally, just that something feels really really off
it does feel like you're wandering, and not backed up well like you usually do

same with LotF and AM, just feel weird to me this game
Ny and genny aren't too far off meta, but still a touch different

Pippy and WZ feel "too village to be true". I tunneled them in that vein for a whole game where they were village. Village might have won. So this is just a null read from me, I guess. Like... if someone seems village, that's village points, right? If the fact that they seem so village seems wolfy... this is the Cray clothesdryer cycle there.

The rest I can vaguely recall, like Paws, Dolphin, Stagg, anyone else I forgot, so that's not exactly reassuring

Members don't see this ad.

DVMD, I don't even. It's clear to me at least, that they're not village. That still doesn't tell me what to do about her to get her dead. Because I agree if it isn't village it needs to die.

If she's alpha, chaos with a special kill or win condition, or an NPC, seems like a lynch attempt now might be a waste of a day. If she's alpha, we have to catch the other wolf first.

What are the chances she's chaos and no wolves, and the condition to kill her is lynch twice? Or as a village did a day pass that led to something that triggered her killableness? I thought when all wolves die, that's usually end game if it's just chaos left. I know that's not always the way, I think.

Possibly she might die from a lynch, and is obviously just bluffing by continuing to toy with us. Or she's alpha.

I think we need to look elsewhere because I'm not convinced she the only one and the last one we need to kill. It depends on what her powers are and win condition for how much harm comes from hunting elsewhere and not taking the chance she's unkillable again.

Possibly she's unkillable by NK from wolves, because I wonder why they would leave her for us to kill if she's 3rd party. Distraction? Would they take that risk?

Members don't see this ad :)
End Night 8

After everyone had drifted off to sleep, we watched sandaled feet slip out of bed again. She was alone and had to be careful.... but with that pesky dog not following her, tonight would be easier.

"I have to do this, to avenge Pit," she whispered to herself, steadying her confidence. She still couldn't believe Pit had turned on her. How dare her head angel do such a thing. But he was dead now. And she had to avenge him.

tumblr_ol6uuqaFl31r82doio1_400.gif

Palutena's eyes shifted across the others. Who would be best for tonight? Her confidence wavered. Briefly they settled on the blue helmet a short ways away, but decided that would be a foolish move tonight.

Safe is @Crayola227, who was resurrected as Mega Man, a vanillager.
tumblr_n8okwmIo431qbc2ylo1_500.gif

She sighed. It had to be the dog. Palutena crept up behind @genny, Duck Hunt.

tumblr_nelg8ebcLo1u0g9lyo1_500.gif

Blue light began to grow at the top of her staff. The goddess raised it in preparation for what she was about to do, and then released the light.

Out of nowhere, a boomerang flew between Palutena and Duck Hunt. Palutena drew her breath and looked up in shock to see Link, @StayingPositive2017, nearby. The ball of light glanced off of the boomerang and flew straight back at Palutena. She crumpled to the ground.

linkvspit8_by_ardnak-d7m62bg.gif

The goddess of light and leader of the angels was dead.

Dead is @PippyPony, Palutena, who could resurrect 2 players and was converted to a wolf.
latest

Village Wins!

Village played an incredible game. @kaydubs and I were amazed at the amount of intuition and successful ability usage behind the scenes. We can now answer any questions. :)

The Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife - Lucario, affiliation seer
2. @Melchizedek - Lucas, mason
3. @WildZoo - Meta Knight, mover, who absorbed MJ's ability, silencer, when he died.
6. @allieh8607/@Karabiner13 hydra - Zero Suit Samus, passive blocker, who would block any male character if they tried to use an action on her.
8. @dolphin106258 - Snake, suicide bomber
9. @kcoughli - Ice Climbers, double vote
10. @nyanko - Inkling, post restrictor
12. @LadyOtheFarm - Greninja, substituter
14. @SARdoghandler - Fox, anonymous picture sender
16. @genny - Duck Hunt, tracker
21. @Stagg737 - Ness, mason

26. @DVMDream - Sandbag, a neutral character who could not die, but had no win condition
5. @Crayola227 - resurrected as Mega Man, vanillager
27. @StayingPositive2017 - Link, redirector

Dead:
24. @Coopah - Sheik, Untrackable wolf
20. @johnnaboo - Mewtwo, PMer
13. @allieh8607 - Wolf, Bodyguard

4. @PrincessButterCup - Zelda, ability seer
22. @bryndiana.jones - Little Mac, vig
17. @Miranda Senft - Kirby, ability copier
18. @Mad Jack - Jigglypuff, silencer

11. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo - Bowser, Framer wolf
19. @Skimble - Villager, pocket

15. @CoffeeQuestionMark - Dr. Mario, protector
23. @bryndiana.jones - Pit, vanillager, autoconverted to
Dark Pit, EON kill
7. @MixedAnimals77 - Mario, vanilla
25. @PippyPony - Palutena, rezzer turned
vanilla wolf

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Yes, there really were two wolf packs. I killed coop N2 because of the people who brought up PBC d1, I thought she was the most likely to keep bringing it up. A few days later when I wasn’t around, PBC put in to kill BBC so mods merged our packs. We were the only originals.

Reactions: 9 users
End Night 8

After everyone had drifted off to sleep, we watched sandaled feet slip out of bed again. She was alone and had to be careful.... but with that pesky dog not following her, tonight would be easier.

"I have to do this, to avenge Pit," she whispered to herself, steadying her confidence. She still couldn't believe Pit had turned on her. How dare her head angel do such a thing. But he was dead now. And she had to avenge him.

tumblr_ol6uuqaFl31r82doio1_400.gif

Palutena's eyes shifted across the others. Who would be best for tonight? Her confidence wavered. Briefly they settled on the blue helmet a short ways away, but decided that would be a foolish move tonight.

Safe is @Crayola227, who was resurrected as Mega Man, a vanillager.
tumblr_n8okwmIo431qbc2ylo1_500.gif

She sighed. It had to be the dog. Palutena crept up behind @genny, Duck Hunt.

tumblr_nelg8ebcLo1u0g9lyo1_500.gif

Blue light began to grow at the top of her staff. The goddess raised it in preparation for what she was about to do, and then released the light.

Out of nowhere, a boomerang flew between Palutena and Duck Hunt. Palutena drew her breath and looked up in shock to see Link, @StayingPositive2017, nearby. The ball of light glanced off of the boomerang and flew straight back at Palutena. She crumpled to the ground.

linkvspit8_by_ardnak-d7m62bg.gif

The goddess of light and leader of the angels was dead.

Dead is @PippyPony, Palutena, who could resurrect 2 players and was converted to a wolf.

Village Wins!

Village played an incredible game. @kaydubs and I were amazed at the amount of intuition and successful ability usage behind the scenes. We can now answer any questions. :)

The Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife - Lucario, affiliation seer
2. @Melchizedek - Lucas, mason
3. @WildZoo - Meta Knight, mover, who absorbed MJ's ability, silencer, when he died.
6. @allieh8607/@Karabiner13 hydra - Zero Suit Samus, passive blocker, who would block any male character if they tried to use an action on her.
8. @dolphin106258 - Snake, suicide bomber
9. @kcoughli - Ice Climbers, double vote
10. @nyanko - Inkling, post restrictor
12. @LadyOtheFarm - Greninja, substituter
14. @SARdoghandler - Fox, anonymous picture sender
16. @genny - Duck Hunt, tracker
21. @Stagg737 - Ness, mason

26. @DVMDream - Sandbag, a neutral character who could not die, but had no win condition
5. @Crayola227 - resurrected as Mega Man, vanillager
27. @StayingPositive2017 - Link, redirector

Dead:
24. @Coopah - Sheik, Untrackable wolf
20. @johnnaboo - Mewtwo, PMer
13. @allieh8607 - Wolf, Bodyguard

4. @PrincessButterCup - Zelda, ability seer
22. @bryndiana.jones - Little Mac, vig
17. @Miranda Senft - Kirby, ability copier
18. @Mad Jack - Jigglypuff, silencer

11. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo - Bowser, Framer wolf
19. @Skimble - Villager, pocket

15. @CoffeeQuestionMark - Dr. Mario, protector
23. @bryndiana.jones - Pit, vanillager, autoconverted to
Dark Pit, EON kill
7. @MixedAnimals77 - Mario, vanilla
25. @PippyPony - Palutena, rezzer turned
vanilla wolf
What night was pippy converted?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had gotten to the point of agreeing that we had a convert left and was swayed by the argument that Pippy was the most likely convert, but, I was getting really close to thinking I should lynch Mel for crazy talk reading the posts this morning. Lol.

Thanks for letting me sub in, and thank you for the game mods! :biglove::biglove:

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for the game mods!

Shoutout to @RedLauren for her wolf read on Glam. Was trying to encourage her to have some of her own reads so we could discuss. Glam and dvmd were the ones in her wolf leans before she subbed out

Reactions: 5 users
I copied these abilities:
N1 Coffee (protector)
N2 AM (affiliation seer)
N3 coffee (blocked because coffee protected herself)

I protected Coffee N2 and saw the affiliation of SAR N3. Then that was it lol. So by D4, I knew Coffee, AM, SAR, Mel, and most likely Genny were village haha genny, I figured was village when she said she was the tracker and both coffee and I were still alive :) and Genny tracked AM and saw her with Mel, so when I found out she was the affiliation seeker and AM wasn't going after Mel that he was village :)

Sent from my SM-G900T using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the game mods!

Shoutout to @RedLauren for her wolf read on Glam. Was trying to encourage her to have some of her own reads so we could discuss. Glam and dvmd were the ones in her wolf leans before she subbed out
Except glam wasn’t a wolf until bj took over!

I also ability revealed to Paws early on and decided I wasn't going to seer her.

I wanna play a noob game!!! @Animal Midwife would you do me the honor of being my manator? :)

Thought am was already your manator. I just stole you when we wolfed together :biglove:

And next noob game you won't qualify. You'll still be a noob but you've played enough games and wolfed that you don't need a noob game to understand the game

Reactions: 2 users
Thought am was already your manator. I just stole you when we wolfed together :biglove:

And next noob game you won't qualify. You'll still be a noob but you've played enough games and wolfed that you don't need a noob game to understand the game
Damn! I still feel uber noobish. I was reading the roles and can't for the life of me remember what a mason is :/

Damn! I still feel uber noobish. I was reading the roles and can't for the life of me remember what a mason is :/

per dubz during my noob game:

Masons - communicate throughout the game, tell point of the role is that they know each other are villagers

Lovers - almost exactly the same BUT they are so attached to each other that when one dies, the other dies as well (usually at the same time but sometimes with a delay)

Reactions: 4 users
I had gotten to the point of agreeing that we had a convert left and was swayed by the argument that Pippy was the most likely convert, but, I was getting really close to thinking I should lynch Mel for crazy talk reading the posts this morning. Lol.
Rezzer is usually a poor convert choice, btw.

Same role pm so you know what affiliation they are and can always PM. Sometimes lovers where one dies shortly after the other (or same time), sometimes neighbors where they have separate role PMs and can be different affiliations and ALSO have a PM together that’s open the whole game and has no restrictions

And the silencing was ****ing annoying.

AND I got post restricted twice.

Pick on someone else next time, guys. I was village, other people were dominating the thread even more, it was irritating.