Sociology-Is this course a requirement for post-baccs.?

Started by ChemKing01
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ChemKing01

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone. I'm currently getting my masters degree in chemistry, and was wondering if I have to take the sociology course even though I have already earned my bachelors degree in chemistry.

If I take the MCAT, do well, and have completed all other pre req. courses, then will I still be turned down if I havent taken a sociology course? Thanks.
 
Some schools will have Sociology as a pre-req. For those schools that have it listed as a requirement, you will have to have it completed prior to matriculation.

For schools that have it listed as "recommended" or "strongly recommend," I think it will be OK if you don't have it as long as the rest of your application is strong.