2025-2026 Texas A&M

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hi, prospective applicant. I took a science course that is a prerequisite online, but I took the lab in person. When I called TAMU to ask about this, they told me they accept virtual labs and virtual classes. However on MSAR, it says they don't accept online classes. Can anyone provide any information on this discrepancy?

On my transcript, the class does not indicate being online. I know TMDSAS asks if it was, but how would I enter it if part was online and part was in person? Lab and lecture are combined as one thing on my transcript so I can't enter them separately.
Lab was in person so the class was in person. List it as a regular combined class and lab in TMDSAS. Feel free to DM me.
 
Hi, prospective applicant. I took a science course that is a prerequisite online, but I took the lab in person. When I called TAMU to ask about this, they told me they accept virtual labs and virtual classes. However on MSAR, it says they don't accept online classes. Can anyone provide any information on this discrepancy?

On my transcript, the class does not indicate being online. I know TMDSAS asks if it was, but how would I enter it if part was online and part was in person? Lab and lecture are combined as one thing on my transcript so I can't enter them separately.
I would always trust the school over MSAR
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone clarify how the waitlist works for Texas schools?
If you have an acceptance at another Texas school, you must be notified of a WL decision by May 15th, but this doesn’t apply if you have an acceptance at an OOS school right? In that case, you could potentially not hear back about the WL up until orientation?

Also, how do people on the alternate list at TAMU get assigned a campus track? Is it just whatever is left over?
 
Can someone clarify how the waitlist works for Texas schools?
If you have an acceptance at another Texas school, you must be notified of a WL decision by May 15th, but this doesn’t apply if you have an acceptance at an OOS school right? In that case, you could potentially not hear back about the WL up until orientation?

Also, how do people on the alternate list at TAMU get assigned a campus track? Is it just whatever is left over?
In-state applicants who didn’t match can stay on the WL indefinitely, or until they get an acceptance from a TMDSAS WL, at which point they fall into the “no more offers from a WL after May 15” rule.

OOS acceptances don’t factor in to this, except that a TMDSAS school will not make you an offer if you have committed to enroll (CTE) at an AMCAS school
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
she did say that they would probably get deep into the waitlist because the schools are all fighting over the same applicants. not sure how accurate this is. maybe she was just trying to make me feel better lol
No idea about other schools, but hopefully my alma mater is fighting for me 😭
 
Hi all, I am an incoming M1 for EnMed, I was wondering if any upperclassman would be able to answer some questions regarding research access to Houston Methodist? Thanks!
What a coincidence I saw this. First of all, congratulations on being selected as one of the few "Physicianeers". Do not worry about "research opportunities" at Houston Methodist. I can assure you more research opportunities are available than you have the bandwidth for, especially in the setting of having rigorous fast paced medicine classes, engineering assignments, and step prep. When you join the EnMed discord, you'll have a better sense of what I'm talking about. Again, congrats and see you in the new academic year. Feel free to DM.
 
DMs are closed, but I would love to have some perspective on some ques
What a coincidence I saw this. First of all, congratulations on being selected as one of the few "Physicianeers". Do not worry about "research opportunities" at Houston Methodist. I can assure you more research opportunities are available than you have the bandwidth for, especially in the setting of having rigorous fast paced medicine classes, engineering assignments, and step prep. When you join the EnMed discord, you'll have a better sense of what I'm talking about. Again, congrats and see you in the new academic year. Feel free to DM.

tions if you dont mind! Please shoot me a message 🙂
 
Hi everyone, does anyone have any updates on EnMed? I interviewed with them late last year and unfortunately didn't match. Was hoping they would release waitlist decisions last week but I don't think they did. Already submitted my letter of intent pre-match day...
 
Hi everyone, does anyone have any updates on EnMed? I interviewed with them late last year and unfortunately didn't match. Was hoping they would release waitlist decisions last week but I don't think they did. Already submitted my letter of intent pre-match day...
If you want to communicate with EnMed admissions directly, their email is
[email protected]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Graduating in a couple months, here to answer any qs. Congrats to all that have been accepted and to those that haven't, I myself had to reapply to med school and was on the waistlist for TAMU and then got accepted later. All works out in the end, give yourself grace, be patient, and everything will fall into place in due time. Please let me know if I can help in any way!
 
Graduating in a couple months, here to answer any qs. Congrats to all that have been accepted and to those that haven't, I myself had to reapply to med school and was on the waistlist for TAMU and then got accepted later. All works out in the end, give yourself grace, be patient, and everything will fall into place in due time. Please let me know if I can help in any way!
Best wishes for Match Day this week!
 
Graduating in a couple months, here to answer any qs. Congrats to all that have been accepted and to those that haven't, I myself had to reapply to med school and was on the waistlist for TAMU and then got accepted later. All works out in the end, give yourself grace, be patient, and everything will fall into place in due time. Please let me know if I can help in any way!
Did you just have to go with whatever clinical site was available since you were accepted off the waitlist? And do WL accepted applicants get less consideration for merit based aid compared to those who matched?
 
Howdy all,

Is there any information available regarding the EnMed program alternate list and when they generally start accepting from it? I accepted a position to their alternate list during the last week of Feb and hoping to hear some good news from them soon. They start classes end of May so I would think they would want to finalize their class roster sooner than other schools.
 
Howdy all,

Is there any information available regarding the EnMed program alternate list and when they generally start accepting from it? I accepted a position to their alternate list during the last week of Feb and hoping to hear some good news from them soon. They start classes end of May so I would think they would want to finalize their class roster sooner than other schools.
Because EnMed has more OOS matriculants than the regular A&M MD pool, I am afraid the WL movement will be in May after those AMCAS folks need to choose between EnMed and other AMCAS offers they may hold.
Inquire directly to EnMed admissions here: [email protected]
 
Because EnMed has more OOS matriculants than the regular A&M MD pool, I am afraid the WL movement will be in May after those AMCAS folks need to choose between EnMed and other AMCAS offers they may hold.
Inquire directly to EnMed admissions here: [email protected]
Interesting stat. So they have no requirement to keep to 10% OOS?
 
Because EnMed has more OOS matriculants than the regular A&M MD pool, I am afraid the WL movement will be in May after those AMCAS folks need to choose between EnMed and other AMCAS offers they may hold.
Inquire directly to EnMed admissions here: [email protected]
Ah, that’s tough to hear. Based on your observations of previous years, do you think EnMed sees a lot of waitlist movement relative to other Texas schools? Especially since EnMed has more OOS applicants?
 
Interesting stat. So they have no requirement to keep to 10% OOS?
It's hard to say because right now the stats of A&M and EnMed are not reported separately.

EnMed is working on an application to LCME to become a separate med school entity from TAMU, but that application is still in the early stages.
They are now designated as "Applicant Status" and would have to advance to "Candidate Status" and then "Preliminary Accreditation" to be able to establish themselves as a distinct medical school.
 
Ah, that’s tough to hear. Based on your observations of previous years, do you think EnMed sees a lot of waitlist movement relative to other Texas schools? Especially since EnMed has more OOS applicants?
I only see what people share on SDN, but last year the first person to announce an acceptance from EnMed WL posted on May 7th.
 
Did you just have to go with whatever clinical site was available since you were accepted off the waitlist? And do WL accepted applicants get less consideration for merit based aid compared to those who matched?
I was accepted mid-march and was able to still submit my rank list when it was due. My other classmates that got off later were placed at Bryan/Cstat automatically but later in like jan/feb you are able to petition a switch and a lot of people ended up moving around and switching campus sites before we left for M2
 
match list for this year!
Internal Medicine | 27
Surgery | 13
Anesthesiology | 13
Pediatrics | 13
Family Medicine | 13
Obstetrics and Gynecology | 11
Orthopaedic Surgery | 10
Psychiatry | 10
Radiology-Diagnostic | 10
Emergency Medicine | 9
Neurology | 7
Medicine-Preliminary | 7
Transitional Year | 7
Ophthalmology | 5
Plastic Surgery-Integrated | 4
Dermatology | 4
Otolaryngology | 4
Neurological Surgery | 3
Surgery-Preliminary | 2
Child Neurology | 1
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation | 1
Vascular Surgery - Integrated | 1
Thoracic Surgery - Integrated | 1
Interventional Radiology - Integrated | 1
Radiation Oncology | 1
Internal Medicine/Pediatrics | 1
 
TAMU match was very impressve this year, I would say about 80% of us are going to academic institutions for residency. 60% are staying in TX.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was looking at residency programs, and it seems some residencies at Baylor Scott & White - Temple are listed as Texas A&M College of Medicine - Scott & White. Are these considered “in-house?” Do A&M med students have a better chance of matching these?
 
I was looking at residency programs, and it seems some residencies at Baylor Scott & White - Temple are listed as Texas A&M College of Medicine - Scott & White. Are these considered “in-house?” Do A&M med students have a better chance of matching these?
I believe they are now considered Baylor residencies - most residencies these days are listed as Baylor COM/Baylor Scott