2025-2026 Texas A&M

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Texas A&M website states rolling acceptances start on Oct 15 th and it continues till Jan 27 th. By rolling, do they go by rank list created after the interview or is it based on interview dates? (Trying to see - since was interviewed earliest - in July, is there a chance to get in still?)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Texas A&M website states rolling acceptances start on Oct 15 th and it continues till Jan 27 th. By rolling, do they go by rank list created after the interview or is it based on interview dates? (Trying to see - since was interviewed earliest - in July, is there a chance to get in still?)
What they usually do is send out some more offers about once a month until Match Day, and they are constantly comparing people who interviewed earlier to the new interviewees they meet in October, Nov, Dec. You still could get a prematch offer but mainly be sure to rank all your schools by January for the Match if you are a Texas resident.
 
What they usually do is send out some more offers about once a month until Match Day, and they are constantly comparing people who interviewed earlier to the new interviewees they meet in October, Nov, Dec. You still could get a prematch offer but mainly be sure to rank all your schools by January for the Match if you are a Texas resident.
Thanks for the info. How much % of matriculating class do they usually fill by prematch?
 
As someone who has an interview at the end of Sept, I wanted to ask if anyone knows when the first EnMed interviews took place this cycle? Also were they all week on week off?
 
As someone who has an interview at the end of Sept, I wanted to ask if anyone knows when the first EnMed interviews took place this cycle? Also were they all week on week off?
I had mine for EnMed on september 8th and they told us we were the second group so I assume, the first group was like a week before us.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i interviewed 2 weeks ago and TAMU still hasn't shown up in TMDSAS under school rank preference. how long did it take for it to show up for y'all? thanks!
 
EnMed OOS II! Does anyone have any tips on preparing for the engineering quiz? I know they mentioned it had coding, but not sure what else to review to prepare.
 
So I found their match list for 2025, but I was wondering if there were any links for specific campus matches. Like where people who went to the Dallas vs Houston campus matched for residency?
 
So I found their match list for 2025, but I was wondering if there were any links for specific campus matches. Like where people who went to the Dallas vs Houston campus matched for residency?
I don’t believe they will split up their match list report in that way.
 
Starting to think about my rank list, can any current students speak to the attendance policy?

Lectures have optional attendance. Most lectures are uploaded online within 2-3 days of them occurring. Practice of medicine (Clinical skill stuff), Anatomy Lab, and Histology Lab are mandatory attendance which will be heavy 1st semester of M1.
 
I've noticed that TAMU SOM has sent interviews and acceptances primarily to MD/PHDs and EnMED applicants. Do they prioritize these first prior to looking into general MD applicants?
 
I've noticed that TAMU SOM has sent interviews and acceptances primarily to MD/PHDs and EnMED applicants. Do they prioritize these first prior to looking into general MD applicants?
It’s not a matter of priorities, but in fact the admissions committees for these 3 different groups of applicants are separate.
A&M regular MD did release a few offers on October 15.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s not a matter of priorities, but in fact the admissions committees for these 3 different groups of applicants are separate.
A&M regular MD did release a few offers on October 15.
Oh wow I did not know that. Are there fixed class sizes for each of these programs or does it vary per year?
 
Psh idk. Like 62. I’m kinda a weird, non trad applicant tho.
Non trads together strong. Rooting for you!
IMG_8188.jpeg
 
Possibly a question that doesn’t have a good answer, but I saw in last years thread someone said they only had two other OOS classmates, who were all accepted in may. Admit shows that A&M accepted 65 OOS students…. Do most OOS folks just end up not actually going, or do we think admit is wrong? I’d definitely prefer to have a 50% post II acceptance rate like admit shows haha.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Possibly a question that doesn’t have a good answer, but I saw in last years thread someone said they only had two other OOS classmates, who were all accepted in may. Admit shows that A&M accepted 65 OOS students…. Do most OOS folks just end up not actually going, or do we think admit is wrong? I’d definitely prefer to have a 50% post II acceptance rate like admit shows haha.
They have a class size of approximately 200 (150 at A&M and 50 at EnMed).
MSAR shows matriculant numbers of 168 IS, 31 OOS, and 1 International, last year. (overall 16% OOS)
The TMDSAS schools generally have 10% or fewer OOS matriculants but I think probably the EnMed cohort had more OOS.
 
They have a class size of approximately 200 (150 at A&M and 50 at EnMed).
MSAR shows matriculant numbers of 168 IS, 31 OOS, and 1 International, last year. (overall 16% OOS)
The TMDSAS schools generally have 10% or fewer OOS matriculants but I think probably the EnMed cohort had more OOS.
Hm, so EnMed might be skewing the stats to appear more OOS friendly… is there any place where those are separated out? I know it doesn’t matter too much at this point and I can just hope, but would be nice to see success from my OOS homies.
 
Hm, so EnMed might be skewing the stats to appear more OOS friendly… is there any place where those are separated out? I know it doesn’t matter too much at this point and I can just hope, but would be nice to see success from my OOS homies.
I spent some time looking for that statistic but couldn't find it reported anywhere.

Also, EnMed has put in an application to LCME to separate its administration/application completely from TAMU MD.
This application is still in the works, and I don't believe it's going to be ruled on until 2026 or 2027.
I also don't know whether EnMed will still be using the TMDSAS app system if they separate. If they decide to switch to AMCAS, their OOS percentage will no longer be limited.
 
I spent some time looking for that statistic but couldn't find it reported anywhere.

Also, EnMed has put in an application to LCME to separate its administration/application completely from TAMU MD.
This application is still in the works, and I don't believe it's going to be ruled on until 2026 or 2027.
I also don't know whether EnMed will still be using the TMDSAS app system if they separate. If they decide to switch to AMCAS, their OOS percentage will no longer be limited.
Thanks for looking though! It’d be nice if they published a matriculation report like some other schools do. Alas, I guess I will just wait until May lol