Star WWars III Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Slightly off-topic, but would everyone be willing to have a later night close and a later lynch close tomorrow? I'd like to sleep in tomorrow morning and my school's having a party tomorrow night.

If so, what times? 9amET/11pmET?
You are the mod! You do what you have to do! We will all deal with it. What times work best for you and your schedule?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, I'm at a food truck festival so can't type up all 599735 reasons why I'm not a wolf until I get home
 
I also would like to hear about Gwen. And to hear more about Jabba. I don't know really which way to go between 3m and moo, but since more people seem to be backing 3m, I'll

Lynch hmoo
 
How about 1?
Um, my voting history? I'm clearly not an orginal (was convinced BBC was innocent, voted for genny twice before she was lynched), and why tf would the wolves convert me when I've been suspect?!

I was shocked they killed caia last night because she was going to be my lynch target for today because I thought for sure she was the covert. Obviously she's wasn't, and I thought LIS was because he'd be the best choice... I honestly still think he might be and that he did something crazy (lead us to kill an original yesterday) because he knew that it would be the only way people would trust him still. But idk, I haven't had time to read through everything today
 
I still don't know. I don't really think that defense is sufficient and I don't have anyone else besides 3m who I'm inclined to leave until tomorrow to decide.

lynch hmoo
 
Um, my voting history? I'm clearly not an orginal (was convinced BBC was innocent, voted for genny twice before she was lynched), and why tf would the wolves convert me when I've been suspect?!

I was shocked they killed caia last night because she was going to be my lynch target for today because I thought for sure she was the covert. Obviously she's wasn't, and I thought LIS was because he'd be the best choice... I honestly still think he might be and that he did something crazy (lead us to kill an original yesterday) because he knew that it would be the only way people would trust him still. But idk, I haven't had time to read through everything today
I will take all that into consideration, but none of it is really a reason that shouts down the lynch mob and causes a last minute waffle. These are just things to investigate.
 
Current Lynch Tally

3m 3 (guis, kcoughli, ski)
snowy 1 (ally)
cdo 5 (LIS, hmoo, dy, mmdream, gwen)
hmoo 10 (nyanko, Jilary, pony, karabiner, vmh, PBC, SAR, LotF, snowshoe, cdo)
Not voting 3 (FB, cyndia)

Deadline in ~10min. Please check your votes; I have a feeling that Google Spreadsheets did something weird last time I closed it.

@hazelmoo, you're in the lead
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current Lynch Tally

3m 3 (guis, kcoughli, ski)
snowy 1 (ally)
cdo 5 (LIS, hmoo, dy, mmdream, gwen)
hmoo 10 (nyanko, Jilary, pony, karabiner, vmh, PBC, SAR, LotF, snowshoe, cdo)
Not voting 3 (gwen, FB, cyndia)

Deadline in ~10min. Please check your votes; I have a feeling that Google Spreadsheets did something weird last time I closed it.

@hazelmoo, you're in the lead
Schrodinger's vote
 
For once, the village finally got to use their debating skills. Many seemed to enjoy the verbal sparring, but some players felt left out and disadvantaged in this new arena. One such player was @hazelmoo, who had never learned to speak Basic on her home planet on Tatooine. She could understand it well enough, and could usually make herself understood, but her lack of fluency was confused with verbal hesitation hiding Rebel activity. Hmoo was unable to provide an effective defense and was lynched.

You have lynched hmoo, Jawa, villager with a chance to scavenge items off of dead players

With hmoo's death, the casinos on Cloud City no longer have enough patrons to make a profit. They have been closed. Any remaining patrons have been moved to a different planet to recuperate from their stay at the casino bar. Please note roster movement.

Night deadline 9amET. 20 players remain

Roster -
note movement

Tatooine
1. @SnowshoeDog143

3. @Gwenevre
4. @guisantes
21. @mmmdreamerz
20. @Karabiner13
9. @kcoughli

Hoth
7. @Jilary
10. @PippyPony
11. @LetItSnow
12. @dyachei
13. @SkiOtter

End0r Moon
14. @Filly Bay
16. @cdoconn
23. @allyphoe
24. @SARdoghandler
25. @vetmedhead

Death Star mk 1
26. @nyanko
28. @PrincessButterCup
29. @LadyOtheFarm
30. @Cyndia

Cloud City
Casinos closed due to lack of business

Dead
22. Ceke2002 - Owen Lars, villager, no powers
19. raf2769 - Tusken Raider, villager, 1x assassin
18. BeautifulBritishColumbia - Obi-Wan Kenobi, Rebel, unseerable w/1 kill avoidance
17. WildZoo - Cornelius Evazan, villager, redirector
8. Teepster87 - Leia, Rebel, allowed wolves to kill and convert
27. genny - Luke, Rebel, seer
2. Coopah - IG-88, villager, reverse tracker
5. awesomenessity - Chewbacca, Rebel, blocker
6. Caia - Oola, villager, no powers
15. hazelmoo - Jawa, villager, chance for items from corpses
 
Snowshoe was a helpful villager, trying to get people where they needed to be to aid in communication. She'd just logged another successful flight with another "happy" passenger. Unfortunately, it seems that someone had sabotaged her engine while she escorted her passenger off her ship. When she ignited her shuttle's engine for liftoff, it exploded around her.

Dead is @SnowshoeDog143, villager, Imperial Shuttle Pilot, who would move one person each night to a new convo group
.

While the poor Imperial Pilot lay dying from her wounds, someone decided to add some fresh scorch marks outside LetItSnow's house. The shots must have gone wide however, as LIS is still alive and well.

Lynch deadline 11pmET. 19 players remain

Roster - note movement

Tatooine
3. @Gwenevre
4. @guisantes
21. @mmmdreamerz
20. @Karabiner13
9. @kcoughli
28. @PrincessButterCup

Hoth
7. @Jilary
10. @PippyPony
11. @LetItSnow
12. @dyachei
13. @SkiOtter

End0r Moon
14. @Filly Bay
16. @cdoconn
23. @allyphoe
24. @SARdoghandler
25. @vetmedhead

Death Star mk 1
26. @nyanko
29. @LadyOtheFarm
30. @Cyndia

Cloud City
Casinos closed due to lack of business

Dead
22. Ceke2002 - Owen Lars, villager, no powers
19. raf2769 - Tusken Raider, villager, 1x assassin
18. BeautifulBritishColumbia - Obi-Wan Kenobi, Rebel, unseerable w/1 kill avoidance
17. WildZoo - Cornelius Evazan, villager, redirector
8. Teepster87 - Leia, Rebel, allowed wolves to kill and convert
27. genny - Luke, Rebel, seer
2. Coopah - IG-88, villager, reverse tracker
5. awesomenessity - Chewbacca, Rebel, blocker
6. Caia - Oola, villager, no powers
15. hazelmoo - Jawa, villager, chance for items from corpses
1. SnowshoeDog143 - Shuttle Pilot, villager, moved players
 
Me: You've been detained in the Imperial Prison for a night! Both your own actions and actions that others take on you are blocked.
 
I'd be good with that. I just went through and checked their postings/ what people said about them and they both seem to be laying low this game. I'd love some discussion today.

Ally voted for snowy last night...which I find interesting. Snowy was solidly villager in my mind (and I know others feel that way...)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd be good with that. I just went through and checked their postings/ what people said about them and they both seem to be laying low this game. I'd love some discussion today.
I'd be good with that as well. I went back to read all of gwen's posts yesterday, and there was almost nothing there to read, just some likes and some unsubstantiated lynch votes. I haven't looked as much in to ally yet, but I remember people being suspicious of her earlier on.
 
Lynch 3M

Can't shake the Jabba-feels (substantiated by no bounty listed for today).

I was also suspicious of ally earlier in the game (partially because she was the first to call me suspicious, so admittedly some bias). She's felt more villagery recently though. I do agree that Snowy was pretty solid villager - but mostly only through PM, I couldn't get a good read on her before I moved to Tatooine.

Gwen I have no idea. I think I mentioned this to LIS earlier, but her and FB have been really difficult for me to read this game.
 
Snowy thought I should role reveal...My ability doesn't make me a gigantic wolf target, I don't think...but I'd still prefer not to have to...
 
How many wolves do we think we have left? If only 1, than 3m is cleared as she was basically blocked by the prison last night. If more than 1, than there is no easy telling and I would want to get a role reveal, or something to clear her more.
 
Shoot I'm sorry I never checked back in yesterday! Got caught up in Friday night shenanigans.

How many wolves do we think we have left? If only 1, than 3m is cleared as she was basically blocked by the prison last night. If more than 1, than there is no easy telling and I would want to get a role reveal, or something to clear her more.

I think there are at least two left - One original (probably han solo) and at least one convert if the info thrown out earlier on the thread was accurate.
 
I would be surprised if there wasn't a convert.

Yeah I agree there definitely has to be a convert.. I was just between whether or not there has only been one convert (like I remember seeing claimed on the thread earlier after that kill less night - I need to double check who said that and see if its one of the confirmed dead villagers or not) or if there was another convert done prior to teeps death.
 
Yeah I agree there definitely has to be a convert.. I was just between whether or not there has only been one convert (like I remember seeing claimed on the thread earlier after that kill less night - I need to double check who said that and see if its one of the confirmed dead villagers or not) or if there was another convert done prior to teeps death.

I think that was Ski, based on my spreadsheet?
 
You're saying that the wolves have the ability to post messages in the write-up that appear to be from [maybe anyone, maybe just Jabba]? So the Jabba messages are misleading not because Jabba is chaos, but because they aren't from Jabba at all?

So what's your theory on Jabba, and on the wolves' motivation / plan being furthered by the messages?

I also agree with looking at ally and gwen. I don't really have anything to add except feels but this post from ally yesterday felt off to me. I can't quite put my finger on why it stood out to me, but for what it's worth, it did.

Edited because it's too early and I'm a derp who can't read my own spreadsheet and put a name who is already dead (How gwen = genny, idk but that's what my brain said)
 
Snowy thought I should role reveal...My ability doesn't make me a gigantic wolf target, I don't think...but I'd still prefer not to have to...
At this stage you're probably going to be a leading lynch candidate if you don't. I wouldn't write off a role reveal entirely but also maybe wait until a bit later in the day to do it (and a bit later in the day should not be ten minutes before lynch close).
 
Also, it appears we had two kill attempts last night, and I believe that is the first time we've seen that. Any thoughts on how that may have happened?

I also thought 3m made comments yesterday that made her sound like Jabba, but she also said she role revealed to people off thread and they believed her. Considering discussion on thread has mostly been that Jabba is likely chaos, I'd be surprised if she told people she was Jabba and they were ok with it. It is interesting that she was blocked and there is no bounty listed for today though.

I also agree with looking at ally and genny. I don't really have anything to add to one vs the other except feels but this post from ally yesterday felt off to me. I can't quite put my finger on why it stood out to me, but for what it's worth, it did.
Well Genny is a dead wolf, so...

Gwen is typically quiet though, so she's always hard to get a good read on.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, it appears we had two kill attempts last night, and I believe that is the first time we've seen that. Any thoughts on how that may have happened?

I also thought 3m made comments yesterday that made her sound like Jabba, but she also said she role revealed to people off thread and they believed her. Considering discussion on thread has mostly been that Jabba is likely chaos, I'd be surprised if she told people she was Jabba and they were ok with it. It is interesting that she was blocked and there is no bounty listed for today though.


Well Genny is a dead wolf, so...

Gwen is typically quiet though, so she's always hard to get a good read on.
The biggest reason I believed 3m was because I had talked to Caia prior to 3m role revealing to me. I felt like I had been tunneling on 3m and was possibly biased so I wanted to hear other thoughts from people that had pm'd with 3m. Caia had told me she believed 3m so I thought I was just being biased. Talking with some others yesterday, I don't know how I feel. Snowy and I were really waffling and didn't go to 3m because we were trusting Caia.
 
Darn. I was working on a possible theory that I thought might have made a pattern, but it didn't seem to work out. Nonetheless, I'll post it here anyway in case anyone else is smarter than me and can see something I'm missing.

So my theory was that maybe wolves could only kill from their own planet. Which would explain some of our night deaths:

Genny killed Ny.
Teep trying to kill LIS
Nessy killed Coop

Unexplained deaths:
raf on endor
Snowy on Tatooine
Caia on Tatooine
Wildzoo on Cloud City

So based on people throwing suspicion at Ally and Gwen, I tossed them in there based on the assumption that ally would be original and gwen the convert. In which case, ally could have killed raf, and gwen could have killed both Caia and Snowy.

The only problem being I still can't account for who killed WZ using that theory since BBC died in the lynch right before, so I think it all falls apart at that point. But I figured I'd post it anyway just in case I am on to something but am just missing a piece.
 
Re: gwen, I just checked her voting history and I don't like a few of them. Particularly her lone vote for dy, which I thought was especially weird (plus she gave a weak defense of BBC in her lynch vote). Tentatively lynch gwen.

So Han and a convert... Let's do this!

Did I miss the part where we decided the droids & yoda are not included in the rebels? In the movies, at least, R2 acts pretty autonomously, so I wouldn't be shocked if we were looking at more original wolves than just Han. Although along the same lines, Han was an independent smuggler in the first movie, and I wouldn't have considered him solidly in the rebel alliance until Empire Strikes Back. I could easily see him being an auto-convert from villager to wolf, like some folks had mentioned re: Vader & Lando earlier on in the game.

My thinking is that Han's role ability may have been an extra kill attempt.

In the movies, Han is famous for outrunning everyone, and also famously escaped imprisonment a few times (encased in carbonite being the most prominent example). Since I think the mods have been pretty good at assigning abilities based on movie character traits, I would think we'd be looking at some kind of escape mechanism for Han.
...Not like any of this really matters in terms of altering strategy, but I 😍 Star Wars so I wanted to nerd out for a sec.