StardeWW Valley - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I remember it mostly because I had this Bob tell of Bob fighting with AM, and was looking for it when I was sus of wolf Bob D1 but let it go because he wasn’t fighting with AM, only to find out it was because they were w/w in criminal minds. Smh.
Have you mentioned this as a tell for him before? Like in previous games?
 
One more thing and then I'm cutting myself off, I wanted to look specifically at kdswg's progression at the end of d1, since that had come up

Coming in as power!village seems, to me, like you would be more cognizant of fellow villagers questioning you and understanding why they could find your behavior suspicious, and not be so reactive. Coming in as a power!wolf, seems like you would be more on edge and have less understanding. But again, this is all based on me not knowing how cubs usually is

Looks Like We Better Get To Work - D1 Tally (#1077)

D0221FA5-0959-4BA9-B434-FF6669AAF944.png


samac ()
DubZ (2) - Sporty, Bob
genny (1) - PSV
Zenge (1) - genny
AM ()
cubs (2) - True, kdswg
stoaty ()
Sporty (1) - DubZ
kdswg (2) - Dana, AM
Barky (1) - stoaty
Dana (1) - Barks
True (1) - samac

TIE
12/14 voting
Missing: @Zenge142 @cubsrule4e

Vote closes at 9pm EST (8pm CST/6pm fantasyland) on Thursday, 2/3 (~90 MINUTES)

Looks Like We Better Get To Work - D1 Tally

D0221FA5-0959-4BA9-B434-FF6669AAF944.png


samac ()
DubZ (2) - Sporty, Bob
genny (1) - PSV
Zenge (1) - genny
AM ()
cubs (3) - True, kdswg, stoaty
stoaty ()
Sporty (1) - DubZ
kdswg (2) - Dana, AM
Barky ()
Dana (1) - Barks
True (1) - samac

@cubsrule4e, you are in the lead!
12/14 voting
Missing: @Zenge142 @cubsrule4e

Vote closes at 9pm EST (8pm CST/6pm fantasyland) on Thursday, 2/3 (~90 MINUTES)

I definitely could be wrong but I think I'm going to trust my gut, especially combined with the other pings I've had from him

I do find it a little odd that kdswg is ignoring people saying that they don’t think a Cubs yeet is a good idea today

I havent seen a convincing argument for anyone else so I'm staying true to my gut for a bit. I don't remember what the argument for dubz was, so I dont feel comfortable flopping yet

because I'm thinking about self prez lol. But I would potentially be willing to flip to dana

Looks Like We Better Get To Work - D1 Tally

D0221FA5-0959-4BA9-B434-FF6669AAF944.png


samac ()
DubZ (2) - Sporty, Bob
genny (1) - PSV
Zenge (1) - genny
AM ()
cubs (1) - kdswg
stoaty ()
Sporty (2) - DubZ, Zenge
kdswg (2) - Dana, AM
Barky (1) - stoaty
Dana (1) - Barks
True (1) - samac
Bob (1) - cubs

@WildZoo @SportPonies @kdswg, you are in the lead!
A 3-way :naughty:

How ... delightful.

13/14 voting
Missing: @Truenamer

Vote closes at 9pm EST (8pm CST/6pm fantasyland) on Thursday, 2/3 (~50 MINUTES)

unyeet cubs
yeet dana

oh no, thats a 4 way tie oops

unyeet dana

im trying to stick to my actual wolf reads (and everyone is against cubs) bc I think I let myself be swayed too much in the noob game but I fr didn't realize I was making another tie

Looks Like We Better Get To Work - D1 Tally

D0221FA5-0959-4BA9-B434-FF6669AAF944.png


samac ()
DubZ (2) - Sporty, Bob
genny (1) - PSV
Zenge (1) - genny
AM ()
cubs ()
stoaty ()
Sporty (2) - DubZ, Zenge
kdswg (2) - Dana, AM
Barky (1) - stoaty
Dana (2) - Barks, True
True (1) - samac
Bob (1) - cubs

@WildZoo @SportPonies @kdswg, and @Dana_May_B, you are in the lead!
A 4-way :naughty:

Even more delightful than a 3 way.

13/14 voting
Missing: @kdswg

Vote closes at 9pm EST (8pm CST/6pm fantasyland) on Thursday, 2/3 (~30 MINUTES)

well, I guess I feel better now bc im breaking, not making a tie
yeet dana

Whatchya feel if I do this

Unyeet true
Yeet sportsport

stressed, but probably not as stressed as dana

Looks Like We Better Get To Work - D1 Tally

D0221FA5-0959-4BA9-B434-FF6669AAF944.png


samac ()
DubZ (2) - Sporty, Bob
genny (1) - PSV
Zenge (1) - genny
AM ()
cubs ()
stoaty ()
Sporty (3) - DubZ, Zenge, samac
kdswg (2) - Dana, AM
Barky (1) - stoaty
Dana (3) - Barks, True, kdswg
True (1) - samac
Bob (1) - cubs

@SportPonies and @Dana_May_B, you are in the lead!

A tie!

14/14 voting
Missing: none

Vote closes at 9pm EST (8pm CST/6pm fantasyland) on Thursday, 2/3 (~30 MINUTES)

I really feel like that 4-way tie creation and breaking is in the TWTBW zone. I wouldn't move her out of the POE for that alone, but looking through the rest of the ISO, the stubbornness on cubs and some other (heh, tone) things read more village than wolf to me. I see some similarities between the things she was called out for and the things Dana was called out for - not everything, but the initial overexplainy bits and vote movement things when it was related to self prez/not making ties.

That puts my narrowest POE at genny, sporty, PSV, +/- Bob.

 
One more thing and then I'm cutting myself off, I wanted to look specifically at kdswg's progression at the end of d1, since that had come up


I really feel like that 4-way tie creation and breaking is in the TWTBW zone. I wouldn't move her out of the POE for that alone, but looking through the rest of the ISO, the stubbornness on cubs and some other (heh, tone) things read more village than wolf to me. I see some similarities between the things she was called out for and the things Dana was called out for - not everything, but the initial overexplainy bits and vote movement things when it was related to self prez/not making ties.

That puts my narrowest POE at genny, sporty, PSV, +/- Bob.
I don't understand this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One more thing and then I'm cutting myself off, I wanted to look specifically at kdswg's progression at the end of d1, since that had come up


I really feel like that 4-way tie creation and breaking is in the TWTBW zone. I wouldn't move her out of the POE for that alone, but looking through the rest of the ISO, the stubbornness on cubs and some other (heh, tone) things read more village than wolf to me. I see some similarities between the things she was called out for and the things Dana was called out for - not everything, but the initial overexplainy bits and vote movement things when it was related to self prez/not making ties.

That puts my narrowest POE at genny, sporty, PSV, +/- Bob.
This POE makes a lot of sense to me.
 
I have a PM with bluestoat and I'm becoming more convinced she's a wolf. I know she's sick right now so I'm not going to unfairly focus on her activity, but she's said a few things that don't make sense to me if she's a villager. Specifics veer into village coding but having a PM with her isn't making me feel better about her affiliation.
 
I have a PM with bluestoat and I'm becoming more convinced she's a wolf. I know she's sick right now so I'm not going to unfairly focus on her activity, but she's said a few things that don't make sense to me if she's a villager. Specifics veer into village coding but having a PM with her isn't making me feel better about her affiliation.

Is there anything non related to village coding you can offer? Contradictory statements, etc?
 
I have a PM with bluestoat and I'm becoming more convinced she's a wolf. I know she's sick right now so I'm not going to unfairly focus on her activity, but she's said a few things that don't make sense to me if she's a villager. Specifics veer into village coding but having a PM with her isn't making me feel better about her affiliation.
What's being said?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How tie creation and breaking 30 minutes to close is something a wolf wouldn't do.
I mean, sure, they could, it just doesn't make much sense to me. The tally was there. If a wolf is that worried about the optics of a vote, seems like they'd check where the tally was at before doing it, yeah? If she wasn't worried about the optics, then why move back off as soon as she made it? I wish I had a good enough memory to find a previous vote switch and then oops I made a tie and switch off to see if there is an affiliation trend there, I know that stuff happens all the time. I'm not saying a wolf couldn't do that, it just feels to me like there wouldn't be a great reason to. And like I said, I wouldn't give her much in the way of village points for that alone, it's just a piece of it.

But if you want to explain the case further I'm willing to listen. I have you and cubs village, samac was looking there and was also village, so I'm not gonna eat any hats over it, I just don't see it myself right now.
 
I feel like she majorly overexplained when I questioned her more on her concern over the parsnip jokes samac and true made. She questioned me about my crops and volunteered that hers died last night, which I'm struggling to understand how that could happen because there was only one night cycle thus far and I'm not getting how she could've planted them as her action and them be dead in the morning. That isn't highly incriminating though because I don't want to say it's an impossible mechanic and there may be some nefarious role that relates to killing other people's crops. It isn't that much but it's the most I have since I'm opposed to the sporty vote and leaning village on kdswg. One other thing that I don't want to hold too much against her is she has told me she'd come back to a couple things later but hasn't addressed them yet. I'm suspicious she's asking for help in wolfchat, but I know she's sick so it may be genuinely her not feeling up to responding to them. She did respond to something in the main thread after I sent her a question and she liked my question in our PM but hasn't responded yet. Again though I don't want to punish her for being sick since that sucks but I'm not ruling out the possibility.
Also, if she flips wolf, she specifically asked me how I'm reading Bob.
 
I mean, sure, they could, it just doesn't make much sense to me. The tally was there. If a wolf is that worried about the optics of a vote, seems like they'd check where the tally was at before doing it, yeah? If she wasn't worried about the optics, then why move back off as soon as she made it? I wish I had a good enough memory to find a previous vote switch and then oops I made a tie and switch off to see if there is an affiliation trend there, I know that stuff happens all the time. I'm not saying a wolf couldn't do that, it just feels to me like there wouldn't be a great reason to. And like I said, I wouldn't give her much in the way of village points for that alone, it's just a piece of it.

But if you want to explain the case further I'm willing to listen. I have you and cubs village, samac was looking there and was also village, so I'm not gonna eat any hats over it, I just don't see it myself right now.
I just don't like her inability to acknowledge any information about potential village reads. Like she's decided she just going to vote cubs forever without any evaluation that I can see on him.

She was also part of that tie so I expect movement regardless of affiliation to protect herself.
 
I feel like she majorly overexplained when I questioned her more on her concern over the parsnip jokes samac and true made. She questioned me about my crops and volunteered that hers died last night, which I'm struggling to understand how that could happen because there was only one night cycle thus far and I'm not getting how she could've planted them as her action and them be dead in the morning. That isn't highly incriminating though because I don't want to say it's an impossible mechanic and there may be some nefarious role that relates to killing other people's crops. It isn't that much but it's the most I have since I'm opposed to the sporty vote and leaning village on kdswg. One other thing that I don't want to hold too much against her is she has told me she'd come back to a couple things later but hasn't addressed them yet. I'm suspicious she's asking for help in wolfchat, but I know she's sick so it may be genuinely her not feeling up to responding to them. She did respond to something in the main thread after I sent her a question and she liked my question in our PM but hasn't responded yet. Again though I don't want to punish her for being sick since that sucks but I'm not ruling out the possibility.
Also, if she flips wolf, she specifically asked me how I'm reading Bob.
Examples of the bolded?

The rest seems largely NAI to me.
 
Examples of the bolded?

The rest seems largely NAI to me.
Basically she told me last night true was talking about having all the parsnips and wouldn't tell her why, so she was feeling suspicious about that and got pinged when samac mentioned something about parsnips because the odds of two people mentioning parsnips are low. She then said that's true's humor so she sees it as NAI and is going to ignore his jokes from now on instead of analyzing them, since she thinks she was looking too hard at the parsnip thing when it was apparently a joke. It just feels like a weird cover to me.
 
Anyway, the opening post says everyone starts with 8 parsnip seeds so I find it odd that she would focus so much on that one thing when apparently we all have parsnips per opening post.
 
Basically she told me last night true was talking about having all the parsnips and wouldn't tell her why, so she was feeling suspicious about that and got pinged when samac mentioned something about parsnips because the odds of two people mentioning parsnips are low. She then said that's true's humor so she sees it as NAI and is going to ignore his jokes from now on instead of analyzing them, since she thinks she was looking too hard at the parsnip thing when it was apparently a joke. It just feels like a weird cover to me.
I admitted don't understand this either. What would be the wolf motivation in saying this especially if she was just going to kill samac anyway?
 
Alright. I guess I don't understand why the discussion happened at all then.
I asked about the parsnip thing because I thought it was odd she wouldn't have just figured they were referring to the starting seeds.
I'm not expecting anyone to change their vote or anything because of this since I can see how it would all be NAI but that's where I'm at right now so I wanted to explain my vote. I'm interested in what stoat has to say in response as well.
 
She was also part of that tie so I expect movement regardless of affiliation to protect herself.
With the TWTBW part I'm talking specifically about the vote for Dana, realization that it made a 4 way tie, and then immediate unvote that was called out by samac and I think Zenge at the time.

I'm thinking on the rest. I wish she was around more because I think that would help some with seeing her thought progression. I'd be surprised if she's not wrong on cubs, but you know, tunnels. I guess I can appreciate someone trying to stick to their guns even when everyone is telling them they're crazy lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I admitted don't understand this either. What would be the wolf motivation in saying this especially if she was just going to kill samac anyway?
That's not what I said, I'll paraphrase it later. Shelty asked me why I commented "oh interesting" on Samac's buried under parsnips comment 🙄
 
That's not what I said, I'll paraphrase it later. Shelty asked me why I commented "oh interesting" on Samac's buried under parsnips comment 🙄
Nor did I wolf read Samac for it at all-- I assumed she had some kind of seer role or got a night action result from a PR.
 
20 pages is always an appropriate time to start reading.
now i know what subs feel like reading 39 pages and trying to process everything
How's Ruth doing?
Surprisingly feisty for a puppy with a broken leg. Got her to play tug with the scaredydog last night, so they're making progress.
Samac just held up a sign saying "please eat me, I've got a cool role" 😂
^pinged me as wolfy mentality for role hunting. may also be noobness.
Are you feeling any better today @genny?
i wasn't sick? just busy and tired. i stayed late at work last night to euthanize a pet for a family and it was sadder than the usual euths. so i played with my puppy instead of catching up here.
I still don't think SP is wolfy. May it bite me in the butt if I'm wrong.
i think you are supposed to offer to eat a hat or a shoe or some other article of clothing, not offer up your posterior for noms.
 
now i know what subs feel like reading 39 pages and trying to process everything

Surprisingly feisty for a puppy with a broken leg. Got her to play tug with the scaredydog last night, so they're making progress.

^pinged me as wolfy mentality for role hunting. may also be noobness.

i wasn't sick? just busy and tired. i stayed late at work last night to euthanize a pet for a family and it was sadder than the usual euths. so i played with my puppy instead of catching up here.

i think you are supposed to offer to eat a hat or a shoe or some other article of clothing, not offer up your posterior for noms.

Yes but being overall exhausted can be even worse. Just remember you saying you had an intense day and might not be back.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad