StardeWW Valley - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Dana_May_B don't angry react me! I'm saying it was easy for me to tell you were village. That's a good thing!
It means you're less likely to end up in a three day long mexican standoff like me lol
*****
angry react removed hahaha sorry i thought you were saying sheltervet and kdswg were convincing villagers but it was easy to tell when i was a wolf! 🤣
*****
 
This post strikes me as wolfy. Walks the sus right up to the edge but allows someone else to be the one to push them off. (I have trouble hedging or seeing it both ways as well)

Playing different in this case is NAI. Changed meta is good sheeps clothing to hide in. I think cubs is neutral right now

This strikes me as two birds one stone. Throw sus at someone defending and cast doubt on cubs defense. Plus, saying everyone else thinks he is wolfy.... I thought most were saying he was village with diff behavior.

Strongest reads for me right now are: Village- Samac and True (despite seeing spoiler post that he thinks I should've been yeeted). Sporty as wolf. Everyone else is wait and see.

Noobs are difficult bc so much of the behavior I can identify going through the same thought processes. Kidswag and PSV can both be overexplainy. But that is mostly NAI. I think I did that as both village and wolf when starting. But more as a wolf.

No. I have never played with any before. Oh crap! Just realized I mixed up True and Bluetoast. Anyway. Overexplaining is common for starting out. Especially in a defensive manner. imo. Kidswag seems like he has that feeling of can't win for losing when explaining his case. Again, I felt that even more so when I wolfed for the first couple of times.

Village- Bluetoast and Samac. Sorry True, back in the wait and see pile (slight village lean).

If Blue turns out to be wolf, I will tip my cap to him and move on. And be very, very leery from now on. I will also try to act very betrayed bc he seems like he would feel very guilty if I pile on the betrayal.

If I was wolfing, I wouldn't have NK'd Samac. I would've tried converting her at the soonest point possible (assuming the mechanic is available to them).

Yeah. But now that I think about it, it would’ve been sus if Samac hadn’t been NK’d due to seeming so village

Yeah. Sporty seems wolfy. Maybe TWTBW. Or maybe I just feel bad for her bc she is upset. But needs to be flipped anyway

Agreed. My approach that I stated seems the best (look for sus ppl and don’t rule ppl out based off D1 actions). If we still yeet the most sus ppl we will be doing good. Hopefully flipping an original wolf would reveal that they have conversion ability. But I’m not banking on it. That shorty likes playing mind games

I get what you are saying. But she sticks out as most wolfy by a landslide. Nearly yeeted D1. Barely saved. Two proven villagers sus’d her. Vanilla claim. Icky posts. I’ve been in her situation and I feel bad for her (if she is village). But where are we supposed to go before her??
Bob ISO does not make me feel better about him. He mostly avoids discussing kdswg, which is strange considering how close she got to being yoten last night. When he does talk about her he makes vague statements that don't indicate a position either way. He was very focused on yeeting sporty and calling her posts wolfy at first but then started to backtrack and hedge. His claims that he wouldn't have killed samac as a wolf are just overexplainy and unnecessary and he backtracks on that when called out as well.
I think Bob is too experienced a player to be this middling. I get he's busy and hasn't really been keeping up but he seems suspicious as heck.
 
Also I put the quotes in a spoiler. Are you proud of me @cubsrule4e?

1644117267629.png
 
Bobbles, who are you looking at rn besides sporty?
Right now, I’m watching others. I am unsure on PSV. I have concerns about you and cubs flying too much under the radar with village reads. I don’t like barks and Genny low posting (but I’m not caught up). I’m curious about sporty flip with how cubs was protecting. Guess I’ll check D2 results in a moment
 
@kdswg - Leah, WOLF FORAGER

View attachment 349698

"There's actually a lot of wild food in this area, if you know where to look. I've been having fresh salads almost every day."

11 players remain.

1. @potentialsheltervet
2. @Animal Midwife
5. @Zenge142
6. @genny
7. @WildZoo
11. @Truenamer
13. @Barkley13
14. @SportPonies
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @bluestoat
18. @BobLoblaw78

Sent for a train ride out of town:
3. @Dana_May_B, village jailer
8. @samac, village conversion protector
4. @kdswg, WOLF forager

It is now Night 2. Night closes at 10am EST (9am CST/7am fantasyland).

1 day of spring remains.
​
Oh wow. Didn’t see that one coming.

Kdswag had an innocent noob feel. And I didn’t see sporty escaping even though she seemed to easy or obvious.

I need to go catch up
 
Right now, I’m watching others. I am unsure on PSV. I have concerns about you and cubs flying too much under the radar with village reads. I don’t like barks and Genny low posting (but I’m not caught up). I’m curious about sporty flip with how cubs was protecting. Guess I’ll check D2 results in a moment
oof
 
Right now, I’m watching others. I am unsure on PSV. I have concerns about you and cubs flying too much under the radar with village reads. I don’t like barks and Genny low posting (but I’m not caught up). I’m curious about sporty flip with how cubs was protecting. Guess I’ll check D2 results in a moment

Under the radar? Bob pls. If cubs is being village read theres gonna be some substantial reasons.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bob ISO does not make me feel better about him. He mostly avoids discussing kdswg, which is strange considering how close she got to being yoten last night. When he does talk about her he makes vague statements that don't indicate a position either way. He was very focused on yeeting sporty and calling her posts wolfy at first but then started to backtrack and hedge. His claims that he wouldn't have killed samac as a wolf are just overexplainy and unnecessary and he backtracks on that when called out as well.
I think Bob is too experienced a player to be this middling. I get he's busy and hasn't really been keeping up but he seems suspicious as heck.
Well. I don’t know kdswg so not much to discuss. Out of the new people, oats was the only one that seemed more village. So I will take your implication a step further and tell you I thought kdswg wasn’t a wolf (at least to where I’m currently caught up- about 10 pages back)
 
Not so fast. Wolves can prez on other wolves for this very reason and I don't know that they had any incompatible actions prior to that.
I agree. If one wolf is going down. This move would buy whichever lived some village cred. But it would be a bus of sorts.

But if you think I am in wolf chat and not posting at end of day then you would be wrong.

The only one of the new people I felt great about commenting on was oats.
 
I agree. If one wolf is going down. This move would buy whichever lived some village cred. But it would be a bus of sorts.

But if you think I am in wolf chat and not posting at end of day then you would be wrong.

The only one of the new people I felt great about commenting on was oats.
Were you purposely not here? Or were you just busy irl making this NAI?
 
I agree. If one wolf is going down. This move would buy whichever lived some village cred. But it would be a bus of sorts.

But if you think I am in wolf chat and not posting at end of day then you would be wrong.

The only one of the new people I felt great about commenting on was oats.
Despite my contingency yeet, Bob's total absence from the thread does make it hard to believe that he's a member of a small wolf pack.

Like, unless he doesn't care about the game at all, it feels extremely suboptimal to not even be around for vote-close time.

I know you guys have said several times that activity level is not an indicator, but abandoning your pack at the most crucial part of the game...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
People Im not interesting in voting for today: AM, Cubs, zenge (tentatively)

And then there’s everyone else I still need to think about and/or ISO
I didn’t get around to sending this 12 hours ago but was looking forward to a fresh perspective since things had gotten stale
Post 1626:

TLDR the lack of Bob/AM interaction that I described there and again right before this post, as well as the tone/type of posts he's making (much shorter, not quite as rambling) but he did come out and say he wouldnt have as much time this game so not sure how much i can use that for AI assessment in this game if thats true.

I think you have it backwards.

And Dubz’s posts looking at the past games seem to confirm that bit.

Wolf!Bob came at AM like a freight train in Madagascar.
I think the interactions are both reactive as a wolf. And whatever as v/v. I think it boils down to this: I play to kid around, be lighthearted and have fun. AM takes it very serious and is worried about doing the very best she can. I think something about the two styles clash and I can’t let my part in it go sometimes.
And lived to tell the tale, which is the most impressive part.
I can’t really even recall how that went down. I play moment to moment and don’t log too much of any of the games away.
I mean I AM 40 now. My memory could be fading or I could be mixing up games. The reason it stands out to me is because on several occasions I made the joke to bob that I understand what he's going through because I used to have many of the same arguments with her.
Got you by 3 years. So maybe I’m even more faded than you
 
Have you mentioned this as a tell for him before? Like in previous games?
I’m well aware. It was actually bickering in general. Not just wolf. To the point that I told AM in wolf chat that we should bicker so ppl would not suspect we were packmates for criminal minds WW
:shrug: Maybe. I don’t remember.

Maybe in my PM with Genny in LaWWpy? Idk.

I miss @gennys :sorry:

I have a PM with bluestoat and I'm becoming more convinced she's a wolf. I know she's sick right now so I'm not going to unfairly focus on her activity, but she's said a few things that don't make sense to me if she's a villager. Specifics veer into village coding but having a PM with her isn't making me feel better about her affiliation.
This is concerning since I had her as strong village
I guess you're right. I don't know, guys. I just have the wolfy feel with stoat right now. Fine if no one else does or doesn't for the same reasons.
 
I didn’t get around to sending this 12 hours ago but was looking forward to a fresh perspective since things had gotten stale



I think the interactions are both reactive as a wolf. And whatever as v/v. I think it boils down to this: I play to kid around, be lighthearted and have fun. AM takes it very serious and is worried about doing the very best she can. I think something about the two styles clash and I can’t let my part in it go sometimes.

I can’t really even recall how that went down. I play moment to moment and don’t log too much of any of the games away.

Got you by 3 years. So maybe I’m even more faded than you
Oh no. I have to revise my discord rankings now.
 
I’m well aware. It was actually bickering in general. Not just wolf. To the point that I told AM in wolf chat that we should bicker so ppl would not suspect we were packmates for criminal minds WW



This is concerning since I had her as strong village
Shelty unwolfed me. If you could vote today, where would you have voted? Am curious
 
Also I reflexively want to like you for not thinking I'm very wolfy at all @BobLoblaw78 :cat:

Unyeet bob contingency yeet @Dinashadow et al
 
CAST Your Votes - D2 Tally

stardew fish.gif


Sporty (5) - Bob, stoat, Zenge, Dubz, Sporty
genny ()
kdswg (2) - AM, cubs
Bob (1) - Truey
cubs (1) - kdswg
stoaty (1) - PSV
True (1) - Barky

@SportPonies, you are in the lead!
11/12 voting
Missing: @genny

Vote closes at 9pm EST (8pm CST/6pm fantasyland) on Saturday, 2/5 (~3.5 hours)
Crazy to think things change that drastically so quickly from this. April and WZ had large AtE tactic which burned me bad. So I try to set AtE aside.
What the heck, Zenge.
Speaking of the AtE and strong stances. I have not gotten over WZ and how well she wolfs.

Does WZ normally angry react if someone votes her like this?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were you purposely not here? Or were you just busy irl making this NAI?
Idk what you mean by purposely not here. But yes. I was busy irl.

I just try to be objective about ppls statements about me. While I would love false village cred, I really don’t want ppl to read me village for the wrong reasons. While I know I am village, I still can remain objective and find holes in statements (even if finding holes hurts my case)