StardeWW Valley - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm trying to understand the logic of a wolf pack kill of Barkley, given the clear misyeet bait, and I'm coming up short.
🙁

That's because it wasn't the wolves. They didn't make a kill last night.

I did.

I bought an axe and I thought Barks was the wolf.

Im so sorry.
 
I'm so sorry, Barkley. I thought you were the wolf. I didn't know who else it could be, no one made sense.

I don't know what my POE looks like right now. I'm so sorry. I messed up.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm so sorry, Barkley. I thought you were the wolf. I didn't know who else it could be, no one made sense.

I don't know what my POE looks like right now. I'm so sorry. I messed up.
It's okay it's a game, don't feel guilty. You may have put yourself in a treacherous position.
 
I was blocked last night, I think. Result said I could open my door so sounds like a block.
Either there is no wolf, there is a wolf and they tried to kill you, or you're the wolf.

So... I don't know what. Just thinking aloud and feeling awful. I thought I had done a good. I thought I was helping.

I just wanted to be like Terminator!Sporty
 
Ok but why did you aim for a wolf target when we need to kill Cult?
I thought about this a lot but I didn't want to waste my one shot and I thought if I picked the wolf it wouldn't "double up" on whoever the wolf picked. I thought myself into circles, I guess. In my head I thought we'd start the morning with the wolf NK on a cultist and my NK on the wolf and everyone would be happy and we'd win.
 
Actually I would share it regardless of affiliation because presumably whoever blocked me was going to come forward anyway
For the record, and because the player count is small enough that I don't see the harm in talking about my role anymore, I'm not the blocker. Just a Pufferfish.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Either there is no wolf, there is a wolf and they tried to kill you, or you're the wolf.

So... I don't know what. Just thinking aloud and feeling awful. I thought I had done a good. I thought I was helping.

I just wanted to be like Terminator!Sporty
So either you’re the wolf using an item to cover your kill, or Dubz is the wolf and I stopped her from killing.
 
I thought about this a lot but I didn't want to waste my one shot and I thought if I picked the wolf it wouldn't "double up" on whoever the wolf picked. I thought myself into circles, I guess. In my head I thought we'd start the morning with the wolf NK on a cultist and my NK on the wolf and everyone would be happy and we'd win.
Yes but if the wolf hit village and you killed the wolf then Cult wins, I'm pretty sure?
And we already established that the wolf may not agree with the kill the cult plan given that would narrow misyeet pool.

Gah idk. I just don't understand not aiming for a Cult candidate.

Recalculating stuff now.
 
Yes but if the wolf hit village and you killed the wolf then Cult wins, I'm pretty sure?
And we already established that the wolf may not agree with the kill the cult plan given that would narrow misyeet pool.

Gah idk. I just don't understand not aiming for a Cult candidate.

Recalculating stuff now.
I'm operating under the assumption that last night there was only the Cult Leader. Their conversion mechanic can't be every night unless genny has gotten ungodly good luck at choosing who to block.

Actually, genny, now that you're outed, who have you been blocking? It may be very important.

Did you use your PR on me on the second night? We never determined who went through my stuff. I guess it could have been Barkley, but she didn't take anything, so "Forager" doesn't quite fit.
 
So either you’re the wolf using an item to cover your kill, or Dubz is the wolf and I stopped her from killing.
We can also go ultra tinfoil and say "genny is the wolf, genny holstered her night action and blocked Dubz" but at this point I feel assured that your kds vote clears you from wolfing
 
Truenamer, Bluestoat, Sporty, Dubz, Genny

There has to be a Cult Leader unless wolves can somehow make cultists? We've been making assumptions, as Stoat said last night. Maybe too many assumptions.

The conversion mechanic is unknown. Could be tied to seasons. Could be daily but there's been a lot of interference.

There could be as many as four villagers if the wolves did the conversion but haven't had a success other than AM. I find this scenario super unlikely but it's possible.


There could be as few as two villagers if there's a Wolf, Cult Leader, and Cultist. In which case, I deserve to lose, I literally had a 50/50 shot at hitting scum and whiffed it.

At least in future WW games when people think I'm a wolf I can point to this game and be like "look, I was village the entire game and did more to assure a scum victory than most of the scum!"

I need to go for a walk.
 
We can also go ultra tinfoil and say "genny is the wolf, genny holstered her night action and blocked Dubz" but at this point I feel assured that your kds vote clears you from wolfing
Either there is no more wolf or... I think it might have to be Dubz.

Idk. I still think I can read you. Guess we'll find out in a day cycle or two, huh?
 
Truenamer, Bluestoat, Sporty, Dubz, Genny

There has to be a Cult Leader unless wolves can somehow make cultists? We've been making assumptions, as Stoat said last night. Maybe too many assumptions.

The conversion mechanic is unknown. Could be tied to seasons. Could be daily but there's been a lot of interference.

There could be as many as four villagers if the wolves did the conversion but haven't had a success other than AM. I find this scenario super unlikely but it's possible.


There could be as few as two villagers if there's a Wolf, Cult Leader, and Cultist. In which case, I deserve to lose, I literally had a 50/50 shot at hitting scum and whiffed it.

At least in future WW games when people think I'm a wolf I can point to this game and be like "look, I was village the entire game and did more to assure a scum victory than most of the scum!"

I need to go for a walk.
Too much WIFOM can make a smokescreen for others to use your logic against you. I would suggest focusing on information processing and asking questions seeking answers, and reserving this level of questioning for your role PM
 
Too much WIFOM can make a smokescreen for others to use your logic against you. I would suggest focusing on information processing and asking questions seeking answers, and reserving this level of questioning for your role PM
I need a manator but I think my adoptive manator may be an awoo 😔
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Eh, Samac claimed village vig when she wolf killed me. It’s been done.
Exciting thought.

"At least it was quick. He heard the whistle of something flying through the air, felt a sharp pain in his head, and everything went dark"

Breaks the pattern of the light people have gone towards in other kills. It also flavors what he said about using an axe. I bet there's easter eggs that are flying over my head in the other write-ups because I'm dense. It may not be AI but I will reread (as Dubz did earlier) and see if there's a thread connecting anything.
 
7 players

These are all predicated on one remaining wolf. Again, 3 wolves and a Cult Leader seems unlikely to me for a game this size, so I'm not considering it. Also leaning towards looking at worst case scenarios, of course there are others where the wolves kill the cult leader/cultist or recruitment fails or whatever.

If we misyeet, 4:1:1, risks losing a villager to wolf kill and to recruitment, making it 2:1:2 tomorrow, which is a fun situation because idk if wolf wincon necessitates getting rid of the Cult or just reaching parity with village.
If we yeet the wolf, then it would be potentially 4:2 tomorrow with successful recruitment.
If we yeet the Cult Leader, 4:1 tomorrow.
So in this scenario, we have some breathing room.

If we misyeet, a villager dies overnight, and another is recruited, 2:1:3 and cult wins
If we yeet the wolf and recruitment is successful, 3:3 and cult wins
If we yeet the Cult Leader and a villager dies overnight, 2:1:1 tomorrow or...something, idk what would happen to the Cultist
If we yeet the Cultist, a villager dies overnight, and successful recruitment, 2:1:2 tomorrow which is the same as scenario 1a

If we misyeet, Cult wins
If we yeet the wolf, Cult wins
If we yeet the Cult Leader and a villager dies overnight, 2:1:2 tomorrow, which is the same as scenario 1a.
If we yeet a Cultist, a villager dies overnight, and successful recruitment, 2:1:3, Cult wins.

Some things also depend on what happens to the Cultists if the Cult Leader dies...
I think these are correct.
5 players
It doesn't make sense for there not to be a wolf left because Zenge and AM died after kdswg. There has to be at least one Cult because there had to be a Cult Leader to convert AM.
This math feels complicated.

If we misyeet --> 2:1:1. Overnight if wolf kills village and no recruitment --> 1:1:1 I don't know what this means for the game tbh but I think it means village can't win.
Overnight if wolf kills village and village recruitment --> 1:2 Cult wins
Overnight if wolf kills cult --> 2:1 and it's a normal f3.
If we yeet wolf --> 3:1. Overnight if no recruitment --> 3:1 tomorrow.
Overnight if recruitment ---> 2:2 Cult wins
If we yeet Cult ---> 3:1, wolf kill overnight makes 2:1 and normal f3 tomorrow.

If we misyeet ---> 1:1:2 I would assume Cult wins, but maybe a joint Wolf/Cult win if the Wolf wincon is still just parity with village.
If we yeet the Wolf ---> 2:2 Cult Wins
If we yeet Cult Leader ---> 2:1:1. Overnight if wolf kills village ---> 1:1:1 village can't win
Overnight wolf kills the cultist ---> 2:1 normal f3
If we yeet the Cultist ----> 2:1:1 Overnight if wolf kills village and no recruitment --> 1:1:1 village can't win
Overnight if wolf kills village and village recruitment --> 1:2 Cult wins
Overnight if wolf kills cult --> 2:1 and it's a normal f3.
 
But we know you have a PR now? Genny claims blocker, True claims vanilla turned 1x axe vig, I claim vanilla, Sporty claims vanilla
I know, I just hate sharing my role info in general and I need a bit of time to think to make sure it's the right time. It probably is but it's something I like to be sure of.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess I’m not really seeing how Dubz isn’t scum UNLESS (and exactly unless) True is a wolf claiming the NK.
Well, there's the genny possibility. Feels less likely with the kdswg vote, but since I know I'm village I have to be open to shenanigans.
There's the possibility that the wolf decided not to submit a kill, to avoid an automatic Cult win.