Step 2cs December 2018 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AMG 4th year here. Decided to start this for anyone stressing during the ridiculous waiting period for step 2 cs! I made a post about some of the things I did wrong, then deleted it because no one can tell me if I failed or not. Also, people telling me to not stress because I will more than likely pass was also not helpful as we all know someone who “surprisingly” failed. I’ve been losing sleep since test day since at this point I’m convinced there’s no way I passed and wishing I can just take it over one more time. Also really bummed about continuing interviews at this point. So for anyone in my position, you’re not alone! here’s to positive thinking and relaxing thoughts until dec 12 2018!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone’s status changed from undetermined to pass/fail?? As of yet Mine says undetermined. This is putting me into A-fib forreal.

I wonder if I can still make The match if I pass it during January and get my score in March? Do you think programs will rank without a CS score?
you can try to get a date before dec 31 and have results around jan 30, or some programs might rank you without cs long as you pass it before pgy1 but idk if taking it in jan would give you enough time for results before match. You would have to talk to the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
you can try to get a date before dec 31 and have results around jan 30, or some programs might rank you without cs long as you pass it before pgy1 but idk if taking it in jan would give you enough time for results before match. You would have to talk to the program.
I doubt I’ll get a test date in time for match. But I’m wondering if programs will still rank me since they
AMG or US/Non-US-IMG?
amg

Has anyone’s status changed from undetermined to pass/fail?? As of yet Mine says undetermined. This is putting me into A-fib forreal.

Did your permit disappear? I think everyone that can see a result had their permit disappear. Undetermined may just mean you won’t see a score tomorrow but I’m just speculating.

I wonder if I can still make The match if I pass it during January and get my score in March? Do you think programs will rank without a CS score?
I think you can. And it also definitely depends on your school's policy. I know someone who matched and had to retake it before the start of residency.

Reactions: 1 user
US AMG. Took early Oct in LA. Passed. Permit gone.
So thankful this is now in the history. Worst exam experience ever in my entire life.

When I click on the link to see my scheduling permit it says “....currently not registered”. When I try to register thru IWA it says “already registered for this step or step component”. On fcvs...undetermined. Exam was on 10/21 at Chicago. US-IMG haven’t graduated yet, Done with ck and step 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
Took it October 9th in ATL. FCVS says Undetermined. Permit still up. I have an interview tomorrow and I'm freaking the **** out.

Thanks, so sorry about your fail. This was my second attempt and last chance for match season so it's a huge relief.
how did you prepare the differently the second time around and how much time did you take to study for the second attempt?

how did you prepare the differently the second time around and how much time did you take to study for the second attempt?

Hey Toad11,

I highly recommend the NYCS prep course, the guy is amazing. The course is affordable compared to other prep companies. The only thing that got me through these few weeks is knowing that if I fail I can still retake it before 12/31 to it in time for rank orders are due from programs.

YOU CAN STILL MATCH THIS CYCLE. People drop test dates like flies.

Keep the faith and get ready to take it again. Before you know it you will be walking in to take this BS exam again.

Just used First Aid. I think I got too nervous and forgot to ask everything and forgot to counsel patients. But I have no idea which portion(s) I failed.

Ok I’d ask a friend who u know passed if they can help u prep. You need to practice some cases with them to go over your overall technique and your interpersonal skills. Make sure your friend really tries to give you honest feedback on how they felt toward you when u spoke.

Also look at your score report when you get it and see which section they failed u on. If it’s ICE then focus on the type of clinical questions to ask and then it’s all about your note, ddx with supporting evidence, and orders. If it’s CIS then it’s all about how you make the patient feel comfortable.

I wish you the best. And feel free to PM me for me details if you want

Step 2 CS
Most recent date taken: 11/03/2018
Number of attempts: 2
Pass/Fail Status: Pass

Reactions: 4 users

I had to take it twice too, so I looked into it quite a bit. And it seems like it is program dependent. There are many programs that just want a passing score by the Match or even just before you start residency. I would look into using one of the CS scheduling websites to get the fastest date possible. Feel free to msg me if you have any questions. It was a rough patch for me, and I would like to help if I can.

I won't be able to take it by dec 31. I just wouldn't be able to get ready in time with interviews and rotations. I wouldn't be comfortable that I'd pass. I have no choice now but to take it January and get my score in March. Ive already done 12 interviews. Cant imagine not matching over this. I just hope they don't ask for CS scores by rank day.

I won't be able to take it by dec 31. I just wouldn't be able to get ready in time with interviews and rotations. I wouldn't be comfortable that I'd pass. I have no choice now but to take it January and get my score in March. Ive already done 12 interviews. Cant imagine not matching over this. I just hope they don't ask for CS scores by rank day.
You will match!

I checked with the FCVS method. I created an account and tried to begin a step 3 application but it doesn’t let me even begin the application, it just says that I’m not eligible to apply for step 3. I haven’t taken CK yet so this totally makes sense.

Just sharing my story.

Took it on 9/10 in Philly. AMG. Permit still present. FCVS trick says undetermined. :((((((((((((((((((( I will def update if I fail or pass or don't get a score tomorrow, so future students have another anecdote.

Reactions: 1 users
I checked with the FCVS method. I created an account and tried to begin a step 3 application but it doesn’t let me even begin the application, it just says that I’m not eligible to apply for step 3. I haven’t taken CK yet so this totally makes sense.

Just sharing my story.

I haven't taken CK either but it says I passed.