Texas A&M c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If it ends up not being today, I'm just going to tell myself it'll be in March, I can't keep holding my breath every Friday šŸ˜‚

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
The anxiety is REAL y'all! I have the day off of work today so I have parked myself on the couch with a book and am only letting myself check my email when I finish chapter or else I'd be checking every 2 minutes :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I accessed this page a few times the past few weeks, but I literally am not sure how I did it LOL. It's kind of hard to explain. Do y'all know how? I tried accessing this on the dashboard, but somehow I can't. I feel quite dumb haha!!

Attachments

• 20210115_084826.jpg
    20210115_084826.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 110
So I accessed this page a few times the past few weeks, but I literally am not sure how I did it LOL. It's kind of hard to explain. Do y'all know how? I tried accessing this on the dashboard, but somehow I can't. I feel quite dumb haha!!
Hmm there is usually an option for supplemental application...
Try this link maybe...?

It's most likely not a big deal at all! I was a bit shocked when I saw that page for the first time because it wasn't the dashboard.

God I hope itā€™s today I donā€™t know how much longer I can take this ! šŸ˜Ŗ

Members don't see this ad :)
My heart is racing so bad and my nerves are through the roof šŸ™ƒšŸ™ƒ

Good to know weā€™re all sitting here refreshing this page waiting for someone to get the email šŸ¤£

Dang. I'm sitting here refreshing this page waiting for someone to get the email. :lol: I hope for everyone's sake it comes out soon, and I wish you all the best of luck

How could it possibly not be today!!!?

I keep checking the dashboard hoping something has changed

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard from them? Its pretty disappointing not hearing from them since itā€™s no longer early January

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, we all determined that the portal saying "linked but not verified" isn't an issue right? I emailed them so long ago but mine still isn't fixed.

Whatā€™re the odds they meant to type ā€œearly Februaryā€ instead of early January? Iā€™m driving myself crazy checking my email 80 times an hour.
They also posted ā€œearly Januaryā€ on the deadlines page on the website... I would hope thatā€™s its not a typo.

Have any of you current students on here heard anything about them sending out emails?

Have any of you current students on here heard anything about them sending out emails?
Nope :shrug: I asked an officer in my class and they didn't know either

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I don't think they'd let us know, to be honest. There's no reason for us to know (from their perspective, at least - we're rather invested here!). My friends that are a year ahead were surprised we'd heard something so early when I texted them last year to say I'd been accepted - and one is a nontrad who is actually fairly close with some of the admissions committee. Realistically, we're probably going to find out from you, not the other way around.

I know everything is a struggle this year thanks to Covid, and having to decide admissions using a completely different algorithm than they've always used in the past (no GRE or interviews - those were a pretty big chunk before) has probably complicated things. Then there's the craziness of the unexpected snow days last week, and the positive Covid cases already popping up in the student population... maybe staff has been down, or social distancing has had to increase, or maybe it's all just taking longer than they predicted? I'm not sure. I'm so sorry they said "early January" and it wasn't. I preferred what they did with us - we were told "by mid-March" and then were pleasantly surprised when it was a month earlier. I have no doubt it's an incredible mental anguish when that's flipped.

I do hope they're able to fix a lot of this for next year. I also hope your anguish ends in good news pretty soon so you won't have to worry about that.

Reactions: 11 users
I don't think they'd let us know, to be honest. There's no reason for us to know (from their perspective, at least - we're rather invested here!). My friends that are a year ahead were surprised we'd heard something so early when I texted them last year to say I'd been accepted - and one is a nontrad who is actually fairly close with some of the admissions committee. Realistically, we're probably going to find out from you, not the other way around.

I know everything is a struggle this year thanks to Covid, and having to decide admissions using a completely different algorithm than they've always used in the past (no GRE or interviews - those were a pretty big chunk before) has probably complicated things. Then there's the craziness of the unexpected snow days last week, and the positive Covid cases already popping up in the student population... maybe staff has been down, or social distancing has had to increase, or maybe it's all just taking longer than they predicted? I'm not sure. I'm so sorry they said "early January" and it wasn't. I preferred what they did with us - we were told "by mid-March" and then were pleasantly surprised when it was a month earlier. I have no doubt it's an incredible mental anguish when that's flipped.

I do hope they're able to fix a lot of this for next year. I also hope your anguish ends in good news pretty soon so you won't have to worry about that.
Don't the VP and president set up the Facebook group? I thought they would know before us common folk :laugh:

Don't the VP and president set up the Facebook group? I thought they would know before us common folk :laugh:
They set the group up for our class on February 14, so I guess they knew around the time that acceptances went out? I'm guessing they found out when it happened rather than before it happened, though - or at least pretty close to it.

I imagine everyone kinda get surprised at once. Soon, I hope!

Any ideas what came up that had them asking for fall grades at the last minute? They clearly werenā€™t planning to, or theyā€™d have asked around the end of the fall semester. Might have something to do with delays?

Any ideas what came up that had them asking for fall grades at the last minute? They clearly werenā€™t planning to, or theyā€™d have asked around the end of the fall semester. Might have something to do with delays?
Im assuming its so they have more information to base their decision off of considering they cut the interview and GRE this cycle.

Im assuming its so they have more information to base their decision off of considering they cut the interview and GRE this cycle.
Idk, I wonder if it was something more urgent or unexpected. They made the call to drop interviews before people went home for winter break, and presumably they had at least a preliminary idea of what the applicant pool looked like and what it would take to sort through it by then.

Iā€™m really hoping we hear back this week. I graduated in December but had to add on a speech course this semester because none of my classes filled that requirement and this Friday is the last day to drop and receive a refund šŸ˜…

Iā€™m an OOS applicant so I either need to hear from A&M or my IS this week.

Reactions: 3 users
Soo do yā€™all think we will be notified this week for sure? at this point I have no idea

Soo do yā€™all think we will be notified this week for sure? at this point I have no idea
Idk I really hope so. It was really disappointing that we didn't hear in early Jan :/ but I'm sure they're trying to release decisions as soon as they can!

Hey, we all determined that the portal saying "linked but not verified" isn't an issue right? I emailed them so long ago but mine still isn't fixed.
I emailed Yolanda Brinkman last Thursday with this same issue. She replied about 30 mins later and told me not to worry about it.

While weā€™re here twirling our thumbs, Iā€™m an OOS my science GPA is a 3.68 and my overall GPA is a 3.60. I have somewhere around 5,000 hours of vet experience, a ton of leadership, volunteer, and extracurricular activities. I also grew up on a farm around large animals and want to be a lg animal vet. Based on that, what do yā€™all think my chances are? I know itā€™s impossible to tell but Iā€™m bored lol

Last edited:
While weā€™re her twirling our thumbs, Iā€™m an OSS my science GPA is a 3.68 and my overall GPA is a 3.60. I have somewhere around 5,000 hours of vet experience, a ton of leadership, volunteer, and extracurricular activities. I also grew up on a farm around large animals and want to be a lg animal vet. Based on that, what do yā€™all think my chances are? I know itā€™s impossible to tell but Iā€™m bored lol
I think it's impossible to speculate, especially this year with the gre and interview taken off the table unfortunately /: just know you've built a kick butt application and hope for the best!! Did you apply to tech as well given your interest in large animal?

I think it's impossible to speculate, especially this year with the gre and interview taken off the table unfortunately /: just know you've built a kick butt application and hope for the best!! Did you apply to tech as well given your interest in large animal?

They only allowed in state students apply this year :( I would have liked to apply there too

Meme Reaction GIF by Silicon Valley
me in my email inbox every day at 5

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users