Texas A&M c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dang. I'm sitting here refreshing this page waiting for someone to get the email. 😆 I hope for everyone's sake it comes out soon, and I wish you all the best of luck
 
Sad Talk To Me GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any of you current students on here heard anything about them sending out emails?
I don't think they'd let us know, to be honest. There's no reason for us to know (from their perspective, at least - we're rather invested here!). My friends that are a year ahead were surprised we'd heard something so early when I texted them last year to say I'd been accepted - and one is a nontrad who is actually fairly close with some of the admissions committee. Realistically, we're probably going to find out from you, not the other way around.

I know everything is a struggle this year thanks to Covid, and having to decide admissions using a completely different algorithm than they've always used in the past (no GRE or interviews - those were a pretty big chunk before) has probably complicated things. Then there's the craziness of the unexpected snow days last week, and the positive Covid cases already popping up in the student population... maybe staff has been down, or social distancing has had to increase, or maybe it's all just taking longer than they predicted? I'm not sure. I'm so sorry they said "early January" and it wasn't. I preferred what they did with us - we were told "by mid-March" and then were pleasantly surprised when it was a month earlier. I have no doubt it's an incredible mental anguish when that's flipped.

I do hope they're able to fix a lot of this for next year. I also hope your anguish ends in good news pretty soon so you won't have to worry about that.
 
I don't think they'd let us know, to be honest. There's no reason for us to know (from their perspective, at least - we're rather invested here!). My friends that are a year ahead were surprised we'd heard something so early when I texted them last year to say I'd been accepted - and one is a nontrad who is actually fairly close with some of the admissions committee. Realistically, we're probably going to find out from you, not the other way around.

I know everything is a struggle this year thanks to Covid, and having to decide admissions using a completely different algorithm than they've always used in the past (no GRE or interviews - those were a pretty big chunk before) has probably complicated things. Then there's the craziness of the unexpected snow days last week, and the positive Covid cases already popping up in the student population... maybe staff has been down, or social distancing has had to increase, or maybe it's all just taking longer than they predicted? I'm not sure. I'm so sorry they said "early January" and it wasn't. I preferred what they did with us - we were told "by mid-March" and then were pleasantly surprised when it was a month earlier. I have no doubt it's an incredible mental anguish when that's flipped.

I do hope they're able to fix a lot of this for next year. I also hope your anguish ends in good news pretty soon so you won't have to worry about that.
Don't the VP and president set up the Facebook group? I thought they would know before us common folk :laugh:
 
Don't the VP and president set up the Facebook group? I thought they would know before us common folk :laugh:
They set the group up for our class on February 14, so I guess they knew around the time that acceptances went out? I'm guessing they found out when it happened rather than before it happened, though - or at least pretty close to it.

I imagine everyone kinda get surprised at once. Soon, I hope!
 
Any ideas what came up that had them asking for fall grades at the last minute? They clearly weren’t planning to, or they’d have asked around the end of the fall semester. Might have something to do with delays?
 
Any ideas what came up that had them asking for fall grades at the last minute? They clearly weren’t planning to, or they’d have asked around the end of the fall semester. Might have something to do with delays?
Im assuming its so they have more information to base their decision off of considering they cut the interview and GRE this cycle.
 
Im assuming its so they have more information to base their decision off of considering they cut the interview and GRE this cycle.
Idk, I wonder if it was something more urgent or unexpected. They made the call to drop interviews before people went home for winter break, and presumably they had at least a preliminary idea of what the applicant pool looked like and what it would take to sort through it by then.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Soo do y’all think we will be notified this week for sure? [emoji848] at this point I have no idea [emoji23]
 
While we’re here twirling our thumbs, I’m an OOS my science GPA is a 3.68 and my overall GPA is a 3.60. I have somewhere around 5,000 hours of vet experience, a ton of leadership, volunteer, and extracurricular activities. I also grew up on a farm around large animals and want to be a lg animal vet. Based on that, what do y’all think my chances are? I know it’s impossible to tell but I’m bored lol
 
Last edited:
While we’re her twirling our thumbs, I’m an OSS my science GPA is a 3.68 and my overall GPA is a 3.60. I have somewhere around 5,000 hours of vet experience, a ton of leadership, volunteer, and extracurricular activities. I also grew up on a farm around large animals and want to be a lg animal vet. Based on that, what do y’all think my chances are? I know it’s impossible to tell but I’m bored lol
I think it's impossible to speculate, especially this year with the gre and interview taken off the table unfortunately /: just know you've built a kick butt application and hope for the best!! Did you apply to tech as well given your interest in large animal?
 
I think it's impossible to speculate, especially this year with the gre and interview taken off the table unfortunately /: just know you've built a kick butt application and hope for the best!! Did you apply to tech as well given your interest in large animal?

They only allowed in state students apply this year 🙁 I would have liked to apply there too
 
Does anyone know what the "Interview Offered" section on the supplemental application means? Since they aren't offering interviews this year I am curious as to what this is/ if it holds any meaning.
 
Does anyone know what the "Interview Offered" section on the supplemental application means? Since they aren't offering interviews this year I am curious as to what this is/ if it holds any meaning.
it's just an artifact of their system from years when they offer interviews - everyone's says none offered
 
OOS Alternate, I’m wondering how many are placed on the alternate list? The email said they aren’t releasing that so guess that’s just another mystery like this whole application cycle has been 🤷🏼‍♀️Did anyone just get a straight rejection or is everyone on the alternate list?
 
Last edited:
OOS Alternate, I’m wondering how many are placed on the alternate list? The email said they aren’t releasing that so guess that’s just another mystery like this whole application cycle has been 🤷🏼‍♀️Did anyone just get a straight rejection or is everyone on the alternate list?
Rejected. IS, A&M senior, 3.8’s, excellent rec incl vet school prof, good hrs, varied experience, don’t get it. No debriefing report!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected. IS, A&M senior, 3.8’s, excellent rec incl vet school prof, good hrs, varied experience, don’t get it. No debriefing report!

Last cycle I did not get a debriefing report until may! I know it sucks so bad right now, but keep improving yourself! I was rejected last cycle and by some miracle accepted this cycle, over this last year I’ve done so much to improve my app, Texas A&M is such a tough school to get into and I’m so sorry for the result you received. Don’t give up!!!
 
OOS Alternate, I’m wondering how many are placed on the alternate list? The email said they aren’t releasing that so guess that’s just another mystery like this whole application cycle has been 🤷🏼‍♀️Did anyone just get a straight rejection or is everyone on the alternate list?
I was waitlisted last year, they told us our position, but that didn't make it any easier. I hope you hear something soon, but if not know you're chances for next year are even better!!
 
I was waitlisted last year, they told us our position, but that didn't make it any easier. I hope you hear something soon, but if not know you're chances for next year are even better!!
I was waitlisted at my IS last year and was given my position, it was heartbreaking getting updates, I moved 20 spots but was still 10 spots away and didn’t get an offer. I just wish A&M was a little more transparent about their process this year and would at least tell us how many there are, etc. This whole cycle was very frustrating to me and I feel like I’m going to be getting bad news from the 2 schools I’m still waiting to hear back from.