Texas Tech Pharmacy 2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My friend who's a P1 and did early decision said it took a week and a half even tho they said it would be early. So we just gotta wait it out
 
It does seem like all the ED applicants get accepted. If you read the past forums you will see that most ED people did get accepted.
 
Last edited:
Sorry, maybe I misunderstood . I didn't . I just read some handout from them, and it said all the admission offers will be made by the end of Oct. maybe it means the latest, not for the first and second groups.
That's alright. I remember something like that on their website too. It's because we were told that the results were coming in this week so we were all anticipating the news haha. Let's just wait and see.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone that got accepted!! 🙂

Has anyone that interviewed in Amarillo on Sept 23 heard back yet???
Are you regular or ED applicant? I just got back from interview today, they said they will give back to ED first. But all the offers will be made by 10/21. That's what I heard today
 
Are you regular or ED applicant? I just got back from interview today, they said they will give back to ED first. But all the offers will be made by 10/21. That's what I heard today

I'm ED. When I interviewed we were told they would have their committee meeting on Monday and we would possibly hear back Tues/Wed this week. Did they give you guys a specific date or just the Oct 21 deadline? I wonder if there is 2 different interview committees since those accepted already interviewed in Abilene :/
 
I interviews at Abilene today as well and they said we should find out by mid or end of next week if we got in and that's for early decision.
 
I interviews at Abilene today as well and they said we should find out by mid or end of next week if we got in and that's for early decision.
I interviewed at Amarillo campus today, Mike did mentioned that those who interviewed last Friday, he said so far they have sent out most of the offers and still work on a few students' case from last week, and they will try to finish by Monday and we'll all hear from them by next Wednesday night
 
@Ecellentpharmacist yeah the only thing we can do is just wait now and see what happens. I wish I answered my interview questions better. But I hope we all got in 🙂 we have to have positive thoughts.
 
I interviewed at Amarillo campus today, Mike did mentioned that those who interviewed last Friday, he said so far they have sent out most of the offers and still work on a few students' case from last week, and they will try to finish by Monday and we'll all hear from them by next Wednesday night

Really? They did? Ugh...that makes me even more stressed!
 
Don't be! They are working on it. I think if we get objected, they will still let us know. So just wait till next Wednesday

Hopefully so...It will be a long couple of days lol good luck to all of us here!! Will you be attending Amarillo if you get accepted? And if you don't mind, how many applicants was at your interview day? Seems like they're not filling all 24 spots like they mentioned in the email...at least for my interview date
 
Last edited:
Hopefully so...It will be a long couple of days lol good luck to all of us here!! Will you be attending Amarillo if you get accepted? And if you don't mind, how many applicants was at your interview day? Seems like they're not filling all 24 spots like they mentioned in the email...at least for my interview date
I chose Amarillo. We had 18 in Amarillo and 17 ( I heard) in Abilene on my interview day. You mean 24 in Amarillo only? Or include Abilene?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On the merlin supplemental application, what did yall put for the student ID number part on the core residency number?
 
For those of you who got accepted, how did you received that information? Was an email sent out to you guys, did you keep checking Merlin/PharmCAS?

@11634 Its good to have at least 1 pharmacist write you a letter of recommendation. I don't know the requirement but I had a pharmacist write me one just in case.
 
We got an email first and then a letter in the mail. The cost to accept and save your seat is $400 so save up now. 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@sulgi1993 nice I interviewed at Amarillo, dying to hear back. I can't wait for tomorrow! People who interviews on Sept 23rd heard back that next wednesday so hopefully its the same for us.

Edit* I interviewed at Abilene! My bad guys.
 
Last edited:
@sulgi1993 nice I interviewed at Amarillo, dying to hear back. I can't wait for tomorrow! People who interviews on Sept 23rd heard back that next wednesday so hopefully its the same for us.
Did you really? Wait. Who are you? I thought it was just me and @Excellentpharmcist that were there on the 30th haha