You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread
Started by Coopah
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I've got some serious side eye for Lyra and Snowy right now. The NSFW lynch is a stupid distraction that he started (and shouldn't have done)
Ok, I'm back from work, and have caught up. Sorry in advance for the stream of consciousness posting, but some people said I was "quiet". Can't let THAT nonsense stand.
This is just not like you, and it's weirding me out a little bit
I didn't see anything prompting this statement. I struggle to read Dr. S, so to be honest, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get a great read here, but this and a couple of other statements struck me as odd.
Lol yeah, I would say she probably has some real life stuff going on. But aside from that, this seems like a weird, irrelevant thing to fixate on.
Why would you be confused and annoyed? I mean, I know that Coop likes this movie a lot and I would imagine she'd play it straight with the roles, but if she didn't, you'd be annoyed?
The good (?) news about BBC is that if she is a wolf, she tends to self-implode with some pressure (sorry BBC, I say this with love). So I think it might be good to test that at some point in the near future and see what happens.
That was my question as well
You've played with Cheat before. Last game, in fact, when she did basically the same thing on D1. And yet you're surprised by an overly defensive, bizarre reaction this time around?
Yup. I am not a big fan of the reaction, but I don't see much difference between the last game and this one at the moment.
I'm not sure why you're fixated on this. (I mean, it's a great movie -- game aside, you should see it). But this just seems like a bit of a distraction tactic to me. Again, I have difficulty parsing you sometimes (e.g. the speed game where you were a wolf and I kept giving you village cred for your posts), so it appears nothing has changed about that 😛
No, the point is to put pressure on people to see how they respond. You're not locked into a lynch vote after making one, and you know this, so I'm not sure why there was hesitation from you on applying a little heat. Again, it's starting to weird me out.
What? I'm pretty sure no one is doing that -- if they were, they'd be breaking the game rules, and that's some bad juju.
See comment above about BBC. I am not too concerned about her at this point, to be honest. I'm getting more of a village read than non-village read, and if she gets weirder, we can throw some lynch votes on her tomorrow.
Yup, I agree with this.
I think this is the first time I've ever been called "aloof" in one of these games. I feel like I should get a gold star right now for exercising restraint lol
(But in all seriousness, I don't have *extra* time, I just have *some* time compared to what I usually do. But that sadly doesn't mean I can blow off work entirely).
I mean, you are a good player, though, so I don't know where that earlier nonsense was coming from.
And similarly...3M, you're throwing out semi-retaliatory joke votes?
And then "always a wolf" votes? Gonna be real -- I don't like this.
Oh guess what -- villagers can also make jokes 😉
And yes, my initial comment was made with friendly -- and simultaneously serious -- intent. And I continue to be interested in the response.
I actually didn't really see this until AM pointed it out, but yeah -- sketch point for Lyra. Especially because when she was a wolf, she made a couple posts that had inner contradictions like that one.
I feel like there are a few people who it's just kind of a mistake to put as solid village lean early on. I've played 1 game with Lupin. It was a speed game, she was a villager. Despite that, she's probably not ever going on my village reads until mid-game at least. She could certainly be village, but maybe iiitt's a traaaaap.
I mean, Snowy is one of my favorite players. I'm struggling a bit with her right now, because those earlier posts did give me a weird vibe, but I'm worried I'm looking at this through a clouded lens.
LOL. Yes.
Are...are you possibly village? I don't know how to process this new Zen.
As opposed to where? Also, this comment has some eerily similar tones to your role-fishing comments when you were a wolf.
I agree, this strikes me as a natural progression.
Lol I do not want to die. So yeah, preemptive "please don't kill me" statement. #Sorrynotsorry
I honestly went "what?!" and then laughed at the irony.
Damn straight shots fired. I correctly called that Cheat was a villager the last few games, and have not once voted to lynch her, because I want to give her more experience with playing. I am still getting village vibes, but I also have finite patience.
I agree with the bottom line (lyra --> more sketch than BBC right now), but I don't get the lead-in statement. If you're not basing early feels off of previous experiences, what are you basing it off of? Not all wolves are going to nicely self-destruct.
How do you feel about people bringing up the fact that they have a full time job AND finals? My life is busier than your life 😛 (ok probably not)
Ehh it's D1 and I was just trying to get a vote on the board so I could go finish my presentation and present.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
He's a lovable ******* who likes to frolic in ridiculousness, basically.Come up with any good reason for a noob or anyone to vote for themselves.
He's a lovable ******* who likes to frolic in ridiculousness, basically.
That's not a good reason.
This might be too late, but in case it helps I'm Kiara. I'm a vanillager.
Totally normal for him.I don't remember LIS waffling so much before? I don't know what to make of it...just mood? Lol
This might be too late, but in case it helps I'm Kiara. I'm a vanillager.
Late reveal...
THREE MINUTES.
Wait, you're a main character from Lion King 2??? With no ability???
I'm a bit sketched out by that
I'm a bit sketched out by that
Unlynch cheat
Lynch nsfw
Lynch nsfw
Totally normal for him.
Fair enough. Must have just not noticed it like I have today
I agree with this, but I can't let NSFW voting for himself go, right now. I don't generally like ties, so I want to break it. I'd be willing to vote for nsfw. I find it really weird to vote for yourself.I've got some serious side eye for Lyra and Snowy right now. The NSFW lynch is a stupid distraction that he started (and shouldn't have done)
I hate ties and if someone wants to commit suicide D1, well, might as well help them along.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't believe that Kiara is a vanillager... but now if I vote Lyra, we are tied again.
Crap. Who is Kiara?
TWO MINUTES REMAINING
Official Lynch Tally
cheat (1) - Lupin
3m (1) - Pippy
hmufasa () -
Snowy (3) - LOtF, BBC, WZ
Kara () -
Doc S (3) - kcough, genny, Zen
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - MJ
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (1) - 3m
AM () -
Pippy (1) - cheat
lyra (4) - kara, vmh, SARdog, AM
LOTF (1) - Trilt
WZ (1) - Doc S
Deva (1) - Snowy
NSFW (5) - NSFW, DVMD, LIS, lyra, Jilary
Wafflemeter: 12 (6 from LIS)
24/26
lynch close in ~30 minutes
Roll call: @Devastating @katashark
Official Lynch Tally
cheat (1) - Lupin
3m (1) - Pippy
hmufasa () -
Snowy (3) - LOtF, BBC, WZ
Kara () -
Doc S (3) - kcough, genny, Zen
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - MJ
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (1) - 3m
AM () -
Pippy (1) - cheat
lyra (4) - kara, vmh, SARdog, AM
LOTF (1) - Trilt
WZ (1) - Doc S
Deva (1) - Snowy
NSFW (5) - NSFW, DVMD, LIS, lyra, Jilary
Wafflemeter: 12 (6 from LIS)
24/26
lynch close in ~30 minutes
Roll call: @Devastating @katashark
I was surprised by the inclusion of sequel characters too, but it's a good-sized game, I guess Coop had to dig deep.Wait, you're a main character from Lion King 2???
Are we tied right now?
Lyra did reveal at least and nsfw hasn't come back.
Lynch nsfw.
But, I'm pretty sure I will regret not voting for Lyra. We can revisit lyra tomorrow. I'm too sketched out by voting for yourself.
Lynch nsfw.
But, I'm pretty sure I will regret not voting for Lyra. We can revisit lyra tomorrow. I'm too sketched out by voting for yourself.
Oh my god everyone, NSFW is an idiot who likes to do dumb things for the sake of ~*lol teh randomz lulz yeh*~ and that fact that y'all are pursuing this is ridiculous right now
I don't believe that Kiara is a vanillager... but now if I vote Lyra, we are tied again.
I have a hard time believing this too. I'd now be willing to switch to Lyra.
Lynch closed. Results pending. Check your votes.
cheat (1) - Lupin
3m (1) - Pippy
hmufasa () -
Snowy (3) - LOtF, BBC, WZ
Kara () -
Doc S (3) - kcough, genny, Zen
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - MJ
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (1) - 3m
AM () -
Pippy (1) - cheat
lyra (4) - kara, vmh, SARdog, AM
LOTF (1) - Trilt
WZ (1) - Doc S
Deva (1) - Snowy
NSFW (6) - NSFW, DVMD, LIS, lyra, Jil, kata
Wafflemeter: 13 (6 from LIS)
25/26
cheat (1) - Lupin
3m (1) - Pippy
hmufasa () -
Snowy (3) - LOtF, BBC, WZ
Kara () -
Doc S (3) - kcough, genny, Zen
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - MJ
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (1) - 3m
AM () -
Pippy (1) - cheat
lyra (4) - kara, vmh, SARdog, AM
LOTF (1) - Trilt
WZ (1) - Doc S
Deva (1) - Snowy
NSFW (6) - NSFW, DVMD, LIS, lyra, Jil, kata
Wafflemeter: 13 (6 from LIS)
25/26
Oh my god everyone, NSFW is an idiot who likes to do dumb things for the sake of ~*lol teh randomz lulz yeh*~ and that fact that y'all are pursuing this is ridiculous right now
THIS. This happens every time he plays...
I don't want to make it a tie again. I've never played with nsfw, unfortunately.Oh my god everyone, NSFW is an idiot who likes to do dumb things for the sake of ~*lol teh randomz lulz yeh*~ and that fact that y'all are pursuing this is ridiculous right now
LYNCHED CLOSED RESULTS PENDING PLEASE CHECK YOUR VOTES
ZERO MINUTES REMAINING
Official Lynch Tally
cheat (1) - Lupin
3m (1) - Pippy
hmufasa () -
Snowy (3) - LOtF, BBC, WZ
Kara () -
Doc S (3) - kcough, genny, Zen
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - MJ
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (1) - 3m
AM () -
Pippy (1) - cheat
lyra (4) - kara, vmh, SARdog, AM
LOTF (1) - Trilt
WZ (1) - Doc S
Deva (1) - Snowy
NSFW (6) - NSFW, DVMD, LIS, lyra, Jilary, kata
Wafflemeter: 12 (6 from LIS)
24/26
ZERO MINUTES REMAINING
Official Lynch Tally
cheat (1) - Lupin
3m (1) - Pippy
hmufasa () -
Snowy (3) - LOtF, BBC, WZ
Kara () -
Doc S (3) - kcough, genny, Zen
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - MJ
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (1) - 3m
AM () -
Pippy (1) - cheat
lyra (4) - kara, vmh, SARdog, AM
LOTF (1) - Trilt
WZ (1) - Doc S
Deva (1) - Snowy
NSFW (6) - NSFW, DVMD, LIS, lyra, Jilary, kata
Wafflemeter: 12 (6 from LIS)
24/26
unlynch nsfw
lynch lyra
lynch lyra
Oh my god everyone, NSFW is an idiot who likes to do dumb things for the sake of ~*lol teh randomz lulz yeh*~ and that fact that y'all are pursuing this is ridiculous right now
Not ridiculous, you just don't like it. Maybe people will stop doing stupid things for lulz if we do vote them out.
Not enough time to get the vote on lyra but that is exactly where I'm going tomorrow
unlynch deva
lynch lyra
Edit: Didn't edit lynch votes, just corrected spelling because it was annoying me.
lynch lyra
Edit: Didn't edit lynch votes, just corrected spelling because it was annoying me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really? I was ninja'd twice by my baby mod *sigh*Lynch closed. Results pending. Check your votes.
cheat (1) - Lupin
3m (1) - Pippy
hmufasa () -
Snowy (3) - LOtF, BBC, WZ
Kara () -
Doc S (3) - kcough, genny, Zen
LIS (1) - hmufasa
BBC (1) - MJ
STL ()
rojo ()
Zen (1) - 3m
AM () -
Pippy (1) - cheat
lyra (4) - kara, vmh, SARdog, AM
LOTF (1) - Trilt
WZ (1) - Doc S
Deva (1) - Snowy
NSFW (6) - NSFW, DVMD, LIS, lyra, Jil, kata
Wafflemeter: 13 (6 from LIS)
25/26
oh well. we'll get lyra tomorrow if she turns out to be sketchy.
unlynch nsfw
lynch lyra
I am sorry, these votes fell just past the deadline.unlynch dev
lych lyra
Heh. That explains why I didn't know who it was at least. I never watched sequels.Wait, you're a main character from Lion King 2??? With no ability???
I'm a bit sketched out by that
I'm simultaneously frustrated by his play style and everyone jumping on the self lynch even though most of them hedged and said Lyra was acting suspicious. Sigh. 😳Not ridiculous, you just don't like it. Maybe people will stop doing stupid things for lulz if we do vote them out.
Not enough time to get the vote on lyra but that is exactly where I'm going tomorrow
@SnowshoeDog143 we tried. next time!
Totally normal for him.
Did Jilary just defend me? She hates me. I'm totally sketched out.
And grateful at the same time.
I am sorry, these votes fell just past the deadline.
You're SORRY?
-1000 mod points.
I'm simultaneously frustrated by his play style and everyone jumping on the self lynch even though most of them hedged and said Lyra was acting suspicious. Sigh. 😳
I actually didn't see the lyra sketch until she role claimed. At that point, it was too late to swing it back.
Dammit.
13 waffles and I only had 6. You late-wafflers suck.
13 waffles and I only had 6. You late-wafflers suck.
If it helps you have no idea if I am sarcastic or not.You're SORRY?
-1000 mod points.
What an interesting day! Animals came from all over to discuss this new threat. "It must be one of you!" Someone finally exclaimed. "Why us? Why not you?" Someone else replied. The discussion devolved from there. Accusations started flying, and some birds did too. There was a squabble between a lion and a lioness and the lion ended up with a bloody nose. After a good amount of waffling, a wide spread of votes, and a possible misunderstanding of the LIS rule (?), the circle of life comes to pass.
You have lynched @NSFW, Young Kovu, a VILLAGER who would receive a small amount of information about people who visited him.
Everyone beds down for the night, waiting to see what the sunrise will bring. It is now Night 1. Night will close at 9 am EST. Please submit night actions as soon as possible.
Roster
1. @WildZoo
2. @Animal Midwife
3. @LyraGardenia
4. @kcoughli
5. @SnowshoeDog143
6. @LadyOtheFarm
7. @Devastating
8. @Trilt
9. @SARdoghandler
10. @hazelmoo
11. @Karabiner13
12. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo (BBC)
13. @DVMDream
14. @Mad Jack
15. @PippyPony
16. @genny
17. @vetmedhead
18. @Lupin21
19. @cheathac
20. @Zensing
21. @LetItSnow
22. @katashark
23. @mmmdreamerz
24. @Doctor-S
25. @Jilary
Dead
26. NSFW – Young Kovu
You have lynched @NSFW, Young Kovu, a VILLAGER who would receive a small amount of information about people who visited him.
Everyone beds down for the night, waiting to see what the sunrise will bring. It is now Night 1. Night will close at 9 am EST. Please submit night actions as soon as possible.
Roster
1. @WildZoo
2. @Animal Midwife
3. @LyraGardenia
4. @kcoughli
5. @SnowshoeDog143
6. @LadyOtheFarm
7. @Devastating
8. @Trilt
9. @SARdoghandler
10. @hazelmoo
11. @Karabiner13
12. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo (BBC)
13. @DVMDream
14. @Mad Jack
15. @PippyPony
16. @genny
17. @vetmedhead
18. @Lupin21
19. @cheathac
20. @Zensing
21. @LetItSnow
22. @katashark
23. @mmmdreamerz
24. @Doctor-S
25. @Jilary
Dead
26. NSFW – Young Kovu
TL/DR: me thinking I am funny for answering Dr S on this after 3 hours (?) of not posting...
Oddly enough, I always play on my cell phone and don't have internet at home (especially since I am living in a temporary house until we move) so having WiFi at the hospital is a step up.
And yeah, this.
I head home from the hospital tomorrow.
I'm in the hospital still, but had a conference call with my new employers mid day and a bunch of pre check out stuff to do with doctors today. I came back and tried to race deadline to the end but didn't quite make it. (By the way, I actually miss hospital food in CO. This stuff is awful!)LadyOtheFarm (LOTF). Might be leaning wolf because she chose to play in this game (despite the birth of a new baby - yay!). But, now she is very quiet. If she is at home with her new baby, I would guess that she would be near the Internet and available to check-in and post. Just a thought, that's all.
Oddly enough, I always play on my cell phone and don't have internet at home (especially since I am living in a temporary house until we move) so having WiFi at the hospital is a step up.
Um... she signed up and explained her circumstances before roles were dropped out. I'm not understanding your reasoning - were you expecting LotF to drop out if she wasn't a wolf?
And yeah, this.
I head home from the hospital tomorrow.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If it helps you have no idea if I am sarcastic or not.
Nope. I just read the words you type. Sorry should never be one of them. 🙂
At least we know Lion King 2 characters are present now.
Great lynch. Well I guess we know lion king 2 characters are in the picture .ninja'd by @DVMDream
I haven't seen the 2nd one so I can't comment on the badness/goodness potential of any LK2 roles
I haven't seen the 2nd one so I can't comment on the badness/goodness potential of any LK2 roles
At least we know Lion King 2 characters are present now.
And a pretty major character (I think? Right? Been a while....) was a vanillager.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 31K
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 100K