Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agreed! I don't think my 513 completely makes up for the F's on my old transcripts.
It all depends on how schools look at it. Vcom is heavy gpa, and some school like ccom and Tourou Are mcat heavy
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Agreed! I don't think my 513 completely makes up for the F's on my old transcripts.
I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I'm simply going to call out those who are not underdogs.DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click "Reply" on the most recent underdog list.
2) Delete the quote brackets at both the top and the bottom of the post.
3a) Add your username alphabetically if it is not on the list.
3b) To update your information, just find your username and ONLY change your information!
4) If you see some formatting errors and you have time, try to fix them.
5) Click "Post Reply"
Member cGPA/sGPA / MCAT / AACOMAS Verified/ Interviews/ Acceptances/Special Consideration
*Special Consideration: Military Service, International Student, IA
Alienman52 3.34/3.29/501 (Older- 125,124,126,126) & 500 (125,123,124,128)/Submitted 6/1/16 - Pending Verification
babs4077 3.25/3.11 (biochem pending)/500/ Verified 06.09/ 2000+hrs research & volunteer, nontrad
beernbaseball15 3.31 (3.58 after 1st year)/ 3.26 (3.52 after 1st year)/ 503 (Older-124,126,126,127) & 506 (125,127,128,126)/ Submitting in August
Femmegoblue 3.2/3.0/3.94 grad GPA (all science master's at wayne state)/502 (124/128/126/124)/Submitted 05-26/Verified 06-02
lnguyen1412 3.54/3.36 (negative trend during senior year) /502 (128/123/128/123) / Submitted 05/24- Verified.
LutGholein 3.64/3.46/502(124/122/129/127)/Submitted 6/5/16/ Verified 6/10/16
Getfat 3.41/3.58/28(10/8/10)/ Verified 05-28/ IA
johnstamos 3.57/3.48/499/ Submitted 06-03/Verified 06-09
coffee-doc sGPA (hopefully) 3.34 / 508/ not yet submitted / crazy research hours and 3 pubs
sailorHg 3.1/3.36/513/submitting in August
scrubs101 3.25/3.4/pending MCAT ~509scored/submitting in July/ not so spectacular ECs
Finally got verified!!
DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click "Reply" on the most recent underdog list.
2) Delete the quote brackets at both the top and the bottom of the post.
3a) Add your username alphabetically if it is not on the list.
3b) To update your information, just find your username and ONLY change your information!
4) If you see some formatting errors and you have time, try to fix them.
5) Click "Post Reply"
Member cGPA/sGPA / MCAT / AACOMAS Verified/ Interviews/ Acceptances/Special Consideration
*Special Consideration: Military Service, International Student, IA
Alienman52 3.34/3.29/501 (Older- 125,124,126,126) & 500 (125,123,124,128)/Submitted 6/1/16 - Pending Verification
Awesome_Alan 3.05/3.64/507/Verified 06/08 / 10+ years clinical experience
babs4077 3.25/3.11 (biochem pending)/500/ Verified 06.09/ 2000+hrs research & volunteer, nontrad
beernbaseball15 3.31 (3.58 after 1st year)/ 3.26 (3.52 after 1st year)/ 503 (Older-124,126,126,127) & 506 (125,127,128,126)/ Submitting in August
Femmegoblue 3.2/3.0/3.94 grad GPA (all science master's at wayne state)/502 (124/128/126/124)/Submitted 05-26/Verified 06-02
lnguyen1412 3.54/3.36 (negative trend during senior year) /502 (128/123/128/123) / Submitted 05/24- Verified.
LutGholein 3.64/3.46/502(124/122/129/127)/Submitted 6/5/16/ Verified 6/10/16
Getfat 3.41/3.58/28(10/8/10)/ Verified 05-28/ IA
johnstamos 3.57/3.48/499/ Submitted 06-03/Verified 06-09
coffee-doc sGPA (hopefully) 3.34 / 508/ not yet submitted / crazy research hours and 3 pubs
sailorHg 3.1/3.36/513/submitting in August
scrubs101 3.25/3.4/pending MCAT ~509scored/submitting in July/ not so spectacular ECs
DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click "Reply" on the most recent underdog list.
2) Delete the quote brackets at both the top and the bottom of the post.
3a) Add your username alphabetically if it is not on the list.
3b) To update your information, just find your username and ONLY change your information!
4) If you see some formatting errors and you have time, try to fix them.
5) Click "Post Reply"
Member cGPA/sGPA / MCAT / AACOMAS Verified/ Interviews/ Acceptances/Special Consideration
*Special Consideration: Military Service, International Student, IA
Alienman52 3.34/3.29/501 (Older- 125,124,126,126) & 500 (125,123,124,128)/Submitted 6/1/16 - Pending Verification
Awesome_Alan 3.05/3.64/507/Verified 06/08 / 10+ years clinical experience
babs4077 3.25/3.11 (biochem pending)/500/ Verified 06.09/ 2000+hrs research & volunteer, nontrad
beernbaseball15 3.31 (3.58 after 1st year)/ 3.26 (3.52 after 1st year)/ 503 (Older-124,126,126,127) & 506 (125,127,128,126)/ Submitting in August
Femmegoblue 3.2/3.0/3.94 grad GPA (all science master's at wayne state)/502 (124/128/126/124)/Submitted 05-26/Verified 06-02
lnguyen1412 3.54/3.36 (negative trend during senior year) /502 (128/123/128/123) / Submitted 05/24- Verified.
LutGholein 3.64/3.46/502(124/122/129/127)/Submitted 6/5/16/ Verified 6/10/16
Getfat 3.41/3.58/28(10/8/10)/ Verified 05-28/ IA
johnstamos 3.57/3.48/499/ Submitted 06-03/Verified 06-09
coffee-doc sGPA (hopefully) 3.34 / 508/ not yet submitted / crazy research hours and 3 pubs
sailorHg 3.1/3.36/513/submitting in August
scrubs101 3.25/3.4/pending MCAT ~509scored/submitting in July/ not so spectacular ECs
I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I'm simply going to call out those who are not underdogs.
Lut, your GPA's are above average for every single school, and even with the 122 you will be fine. Some schools may screen you out but I think those that don't will show you some love. Not really an underdog.
Alan, your cGPA is low, but your sGPA is outstanding, not to mention your great MCAT and 10+ years clinical experience. Again, some may screen the low cGPA, but those that don't will show you love. Not really all that much of an underdog.
I think that's a fair assessment, I just really loved lurking the 2015-2016 underdog thread and I was excited to be a part of it this year but if others feel the same that a <124 subsection is insufficient for the underdog thread you can take my name out of the list-- but i'll happily keep lurking in this thread too! I feel this cycle will be kind to all of us! Best of luck guys!!Lut, your GPA's are above average for every single school, and even with the 122 you will be fine. Some schools may screen you out but I think those that don't will show you some love. Not really an underdog.
I think that's a fair assessment, I just really loved lurking the 2015-2016 underdog thread and I was excited to be a part of it this year but if others feel the same that a <124 subsection is insufficient for the underdog thread you can take my name out of the list-- but i'll happily keep lurking in this thread too! I feel this cycle will be kind to all of us! Best of luck guys!!
I'm not disagreeing with you, there's no way I could look at someone's app beyond the numbers. (Which is what I'm doing, just looking at numbers.) From what I saw at least numerically they seemed fine, but I'm not saying take their stats down haha. Like you said, this is a place of encouragement, and I'm not meaning to take anything away from anyone, in fact I'm trying to say that their admission into medical school wont be as hard as they thinkYou're ignoring the spirit and the qualifications of the thread to apply your own judgment to people's applications that you know nothing about other than numbers. I don't think that is appropriate. I have looked forward to joining this thread for years! This is a place to support people who don't fit the academic profile of a typical pre med in some way or another. You should respect that.
Via @AlteredScale
"It is is reserved for those w/ less than a 24/500 MCAT OR less than 3.25 sGPA OR cGPA. It can be EITHER of those particulars, or both. Additionally, I would consider those that have 6/124 or below within a subsection of the MCAT to be within the underdawg range as well"


Thank you! Yeah I thought it was a business day only thing...but hey I'll take it. The sooner the better!Congrats on the verification @Alienman52 !! I know I kept checking AACOMAS maniacally until they verified me. I didn't think they did verifications on weekends
I'm not disagreeing with you, there's no way I could look at someone's app beyond the numbers. (Which is what I'm doing, just looking at numbers.) From what I saw at least numerically they seemed fine, but I'm not saying take their stats down haha. Like you said, this is a place of encouragement, and I'm not meaning to take anything away from anyone, in fact I'm trying to say that their admission into medical school wont be as hard as they think![]()
Thanks man! Nope the gpas havent changed haha@MADD!!! Your GPA apparently is the highest in those underdog right now haha. We wish you good luck, sir.
Congratulation on @Alienman52 verification. is the GPA going up a little bit?
[/QUOTE]DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click "Reply" on the most recent underdog list.
2) Delete the quote brackets at both the top and the bottom of the post.
3a) Add your username alphabetically if it is not on the list.
3b) To update your information, just find your username and ONLY change your information!
4) If you see some formatting errors and you have time, try to fix them.
5) Click "Post Reply"
Member cGPA/sGPA / MCAT / AACOMAS Verified/ Interviews/ Acceptances/Special Consideration
*Special Consideration: Military Service, International Student, IA
Alienman52 3.34/3.29/501 (Older- 125,124,126,126) & 500 (125,123,124,128)/Submitted 6/1/16 - Verfied 6/12/16!
Awesome_Alan 3.05/3.64/507/Verified 06/08 / 10+ years clinical experience
babs4077 3.25/3.11 (biochem pending)/500/ Verified 06.09/ 2000+hrs research & volunteer, nontrad
beernbaseball15 3.31 (3.58 after 1st year)/ 3.26 (3.52 after 1st year)/ 503 (Older-124,126,126,127) & 506 (125,127,128,126)/ Submitting in August
coffee-doc sGPA (hopefully) 3.34 / 508/ not yet submitted / crazy research hours and 3 pubs
Femmegoblue 3.2/3.0/3.94 grad GPA (all science master's at wayne state)/502 (124/128/126/124)/Submitted 05-26/Verified 06-02
Getfat 3.41/3.58/28(10/8/10)/ Verified 05-28/
HopefullyaDOstudent: 3.39/3.13/27 (11/8/8)/verified /strong EC's in the clinical and leadership area. BUT I retook mcat and got a 499 the second time, bombing the psych/soc section 🙁 do I have a shot?
lnguyen1412 3.54/3.36 (negative trend during senior year) /502 (128/123/128/123) / Submitted 05/24- Verified.
johnstamos 3.57/3.48/499/ Submitted 06-03/Verified 06-09
kj8210 3.43/3.3/3.35 (grad)/26 Submitting this week
LutGholein 3.64/3.46/502(124/122/129/127)/Submitted 6/5/16/ Verified 6/10/16
MADD!!! 3.87/3.9x/500/ Submitted 06/08/ Lots of EC's with underserved.
sailorHg 3.1/3.36/513/submitting in August
scrubs101 3.25/3.4/pending MCAT ~509scored/submitting in July/ not so spectacular ECs
UndermmHg 3.89/3.8/495/ Verified/ have an autoimmune disorder + visual processing disorder.
Thank you so much for the positivity 🙂 if you don't mind me asking what were your stats?As an underdog from the previous cycle, I truly wish the best of luck to all of you! It's going to be a long year, but there's going to be a light at the end of the turnnel! Lastly, when schools say that grades aren't the only thing they look for in an applicant, they mean it! So, don't be too discouraged if you have lower than average stats. Again, good luck!
From the last cycle's post: "zincmask 3.2/3.4/26 (8/10/8)/Verified 6/10/15/ Military/ Interview invite: ACOM, TUNCOM, LUCOM, CUSOM, KCUMB, VCOM-VA, MSUCOM/ Acceptance: MSUCOM " Good luck!!Thank you so much for the positivity 🙂 if you don't mind me asking what were your stats?
From the last cycle's post: "zincmask 3.2/3.4/26 (8/10/8)/Verified 6/10/15/ Military/ Interview invite: ACOM, TUNCOM, LUCOM, CUSOM, KCUMB, VCOM-VA, MSUCOM/ Acceptance: MSUCOM " Good luck!!
Nope!! Not even close =)Congrats! Are you a Michigan resident?
Nope!! Not even close =)
Hm, I wonder how many schools he applied to. Thats fantastic, MSU is a great school. Motivational!!From the last cycle's post: "zincmask 3.2/3.4/26 (8/10/8)/Verified 6/10/15/ Military/ Interview invite: ACOM, TUNCOM, LUCOM, CUSOM, KCUMB, VCOM-VA, MSUCOM/ Acceptance: MSUCOM " Good luck!!
Dang. Get into MSU is an accomplishment
Damn that's impressive congrats!!!!!!!!!!! What were your other EC's and what would you say stood out for your app?From the last cycle's post: "zincmask 3.2/3.4/26 (8/10/8)/Verified 6/10/15/ Military/ Interview invite: ACOM, TUNCOM, LUCOM, CUSOM, KCUMB, VCOM-VA, MSUCOM/ Acceptance: MSUCOM " Good luck!!
someone should create a similar thread but for secondaries they received and the prompts. That would be beneficial for everyone!
Aren't there threads for each individual school already? Those usually have the prompts.
Have one from BcOm todayWhat secondaries has everyone gotten so far?
TrillyBassily 3.54/3.51/32 MCAT/verified June 16th/Special consideration: Ve
Yeah, I know, somebody pointed that out to me. I was dumb and thought it was just an everyone thing. Didn't realize that underdawgs was referring to actual underdog candidates, just thought it was a catchy name. I'd remove myself but I'm unsure how to exactly since someone has already posted after meDude wut? There are no known planets on which you should be a member of this thread...
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.