***The Official Dental College of Georgia Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

If you get waitlisted, write down what time you got the email. The theory is, they email from the top of the list down This is just a theory a few of us were thinking the past few cycles.
There are two lists: IS and OOS
Each list has roughly ~30 to ~35 people (give or take a few.)
I only know about the IS list. Every year the list moves differently, sometimes only the top 7 people get off, another year the top 25 will. It all depends on the year. Also from what I understand, the lists are set in stone, there is nothing you can do to jump to the top of the list.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Just got my rejection later (I was expecting it). Good luck to everyone else and I hope y’all get in somewhere! :)

I got the email at 2:15pm... anyone else???

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my waitlist email at 2:15 on Friday afternoon, I'm also OOS

I believe they’re making more acceptance calls today. Dr. Messer said their system was glitched out. I received my call at 9:30 AM. Good luck everybody!

I believe they’re making more acceptance calls today. Dr. Messer said their system was glitched out. I received my call at 9:30 AM. Good luck everybody!
So you did not recieve anythings last week ? what was your status in adea before the call ?

So you did not recieve anythings last week ? what was your status in adea before the call ?
No, I wasn’t updated at all last week, but my status changed from “Invited to Interview” to “Offer Made”

Reactions: 1 user
How does in the in state waitlist work? Does it matter what gender or ethnicity you are?

How does in the in state waitlist work? Does it matter what gender or ethnicity you are?
What do you mean how does it work? like how do they decide? I imagine the admission members pull up all our faces one by one on a power point slide, debate our worthiness, and vote - yes, maybe, or no. (This is pretty much how they do it at the most basic level)
The individuals who didn't impress enough in their interviews (aka not enough "yes" votes) but not terrible enough to get downright rejected get waitlisted. The placement on the alternative list is determined by the admissions committee.

I don't think gender or ethnicity matter with the one exception of being a URM applicant (you probably aren't). It sounds like you're asking a sensitive question without actually asking it... lol

As stated above, the alternative list is set in stone and admissions will not tell you which number you are on the list. They have told some people years after the application though.

Random info: DCG will also interview/accept individuals from rural counties where there are low concentrations of dentist around Georgia. This is done so the newly graduated dentist goes back into those areas of need.

Last edited:
Salutations,

I just wanted to ask if any students accepted to DCG in Augusta, either during this cycle or previous cycles, fell short of the 300 observation hours recommendation and by how much in particular (if you don’t mind me asking)? I’ve recently been searching for more observation opportunities and realized 300 hours is quite a bit to surmount given I have merely 38 hours of shadowing/observation at the moment and am looking to apply at the end of Summer 2020. Is there a threshold of shadowing hours somewhere near 300 hours that the DCG admissions committee will recognize as a permissible amount in its application review process? Other factors besides shadowing hours obviously play into this review process as well— but a rough estimate of how many shadowing hours they want in order to even consider one’s application would be resourceful for future reference.

*If this isn’t the correct place to ask this question or a similar inquiry to this has been made before, I can redirect this post as necessary*

I got the call i got in off the waitlist today :) There is still hope guys!!!!

Salutations,

I just wanted to ask if any students accepted to DCG in Augusta, either during this cycle or previous cycles, fell short of the 300 observation hours recommendation and by how much in particular (if you don’t mind me asking)? I’ve recently been searching for more observation opportunities and realized 300 hours is quite a bit to surmount given I have merely 38 hours of shadowing/observation at the moment and am looking to apply at the end of Summer 2020. Is there a threshold of shadowing hours somewhere near 300 hours that the DCG admissions committee will recognize as a permissible amount in its application review process? Other factors besides shadowing hours obviously play into this review process as well— but a rough estimate of how many shadowing hours they want in order to even consider one’s application would be resourceful for future reference.

*If this isn’t the correct place to ask this question or a similar inquiry to this has been made before, I can redirect this post as necessary*

I had roughly 260 hours and got an interview in the 2018 cycle. Most schools want about 100 shadowing hours, but DCG wants close to 300 (but it can be slightly under 300).

Salutations,

I got in with only 200~ hours a few cycles ago

Anyone going to the Impressions Day Program 2/22?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard anything regarding waitlist status? I'm OOS and still on the waitlist, really hoping to hear from DCG!