*** The Official LECOM Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted yesterday! :)

Currently finishing LECOMs MMS program. They’re still interviewing every Thursday and they said anyone who was waitlisted from MMS could find out if they’re pulled from the waitlist all the way up until classes start in July. So don’t lose hope!

Accepted yesterday! :)

Currently finishing LECOMs MMS program. They’re still interviewing every Thursday and they said anyone who was waitlisted from MMS could find out if they’re pulled from the waitlist all the way up until classes start in July. So don’t lose hope!
Congrats, what is your stats if can tell us please?

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone mentioned a rumor about the next class size being 150. Has anyone heard anything else about this? During interview day, Shannon's presentation had that the next class size would be 105 though.
Rumor has it that the class size will be at 150. Nothing officially announced yet.

Current student.

Reactions: 1 user
Rumor has it that the class size will be at 150. Nothing officially announced yet.

Current student.
So I’m wondering how that’ll work. Since they’ve been accepting based on 100 seats, would they send out another big wave potentially to all of those who were waitlisted? I feel like that’d make the most sense but who knows.

does anyone know how many spots are filled by now?, i am sure there is still empty spots since they are still interviewing

Does anyone know if we can bring paper and pen to the interview to take notes?

Does anyone know if we can bring paper and pen to the interview to take notes?
I brought a protofolio with paper and pen . Pretty much everyone at my interview did. But they give us a folder and pen as well.

Current student.
They accepted 18/22 dental MMS students that interviewed so I wouldn’t be surprised if the class size increases to 150. I mean, if it stays at 100, that’s almost 20% of the class from the MMS program alone (not even counting anyone coming from post bacc)

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an acceptance letter from LECOM this morning. I was waitlisted the first week of January. I have already accepted my spot in my state school so will be declining the seat. Hopefully one of y'all receive it!

Reactions: 3 users
Good! I thought it was very relaxed... it was my first group interview so just made sure I engaged/commented on everyone else’s answers
Were the questions difficult? And how was the soap carving? Do you recommend practicing it at home?

if we interviewed already but haven't been accepted or waitlisted yet, does that mean we are rejected? Have students before been accepted after a few months without being on the waitlist?

Were the questions difficult? And how was the soap carving? Do you recommend practicing it at home?
The questions my group received weren’t too difficult. Mostly just learning about who we are and a couple scenario questions of how we’d approach issues in the field.

Soap carving wasn’t too bad. It’s a fun activity so everyone was laughing and talking during it. I wouldn’t stress about it nor practice ahead of time.

Reactions: 1 users
I got one today as well, but how likely are we to be accepted if we interview at the end of February (the closest date available for me was the 21st)?
Did u get interviewed at Western UCDM?

Has anyone been accepted off the wait list that interviewed before December? LECOM is looking like my only option so trying to get off the waitlist...

for those who have interviewed: can we bring snacks/is there a period where they let you eat between the 8am-2pm visit? i know the only place it’s allowed is the cafeteria, but i can’t imagine going the whole six hours without eating (stomach rumbling would be no bueno during interviews)

for those who have interviewed: can we bring snacks/is there a period where they let you eat between the 8am-2pm visit? i know the only place it’s allowed is the cafeteria, but i can’t imagine going the whole six hours without eating (stomach rumbling would be no bueno during interviews)

As soon as you arrive, they'll have you wait in the cafeteria till the rest of the interviewees arrive. They have a basket filled with snacks (various granola bars and the like I believe) and then some juices/waters. They also provide lunch as well. It's usually wraps and chips. I would NOT suggest leaving to get lunch somewhere else as you'll miss out on the networking/Q&A with D1s, D2s, and professors.

tl;dr you can bring snacks if you want or need them for dietary reasons, but LECOM will provide "breakfast" and lunch.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if the alternate list has tons of people on it? Or if it is usually small?

Does anyone know if it is true that you cannot get federal aid for the first year at LECOM?

Got an email asking if I was still interested in LECOM. I’m currently on Alternate List. Is that a good sign or what? Anyone else got the same thing

Does anyone know if it is true that you cannot get federal aid for the first year at LECOM?

I don't think this is true. I had no problem receiving federal aid via loans from the Department of Education/FAFSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.