*** The Official LECOM Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the email today too. Interviewed in August.

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone from the feb 7th interview group hear back? Shannon said that we were supposed to hear back by Feb 18th... Is it normal for it to not be according to the specified date?

Did anyone from the feb 7th interview group hear back? Shannon said that we were supposed to hear back by Feb 18th... Is it normal for it to not be according to the specified date?
Interviewed on Feb 7th also. I think she said the week of February 18th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I interviewed Jan 31 and still haven't heard anything back. I checked the portal and it still says a decision hasnt been made and that it will be updated when it has. Should I lose hope? Lecom is the dental school I want to attend but its been 3 weeks now and I haven't heard anything back...

Goodluck to everyone else applying by the way!

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone been accepted lately? i also interviews jan 31 and havent heard anything. my app says its still under review

Hey guys sorry to break it to some of you but after speaking with a VERY reliable source. The notion to have 150 spots for next year has not been approved yet so next years class size will be 105.

Reactions: 3 users
How was your interview? How many people were in the group interview?

it went pretty well, i think!! our total group was eighteen people, so they divided us into three groups of six. i will try and update the interview questions section for the school when i have some extra time. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
it went pretty well, i think!! our total group was eighteen people, so they divided us into three groups of six. i will try and update the interview questions section for the school when i have some extra time. :)
Wow, 18 people? How long was the interview?

Do you guys know if they are still sending out interview invites?

Probably not the best place to post this butttt, current first year at Lecom-b looking for someone to sublease my 2 bed/ 2bath apartment in May! Can move into one room by next month if needed! Congrats on getting an interview/acceptance for anyone who is planning on attending and I can answer questions if needed :)

Hey guys sorry to break it to some of you but after speaking with a VERY reliable source. The notion to have 150 spots for next year has not been approved yet so next years class size will be 105.
Ok. What does that mean? There are no more spots available for C/O 2023?

I just received an invitation to be interviewed in the middle of March. Surely they wouldn't be sending out invitations if the class was full. Also, can anyone tell me why they have a waitlist with people on it, yet they are still conducting interviews?

Reactions: 1 user
Probably not the best place to post this butttt, current first year at Lecom-b looking for someone to sublease my 2 bed/ 2bath apartment in May! Can move into one room by next month if needed! Congrats on getting an interview/acceptance for anyone who is planning on attending and I can answer questions if needed :)
Which apartment complex and how much for the whole thing? That's when my lease is up and considering getting a bigger place!

Edit: Why are you subleasing?

Ok. What does that mean? There are no more spots available for C/O 2023?

It does not mean that the class is full it just means that there are less spots than initially anticipated. Based on the 2023 facebook group there are about 60ish spots filled. There may be more from people who are not on the facebook page yet.

Which apartment complex and how much for the whole thing? That's when my lease is up and considering getting a bigger place!

Edit: Why are you subleasing?

I live in lost creek which is right across the street from school. I currently am sharing with someone and our rent together is 1289 which seems pretty standard for that area. School ends in May and we’ll both be going back home but we signed the lease until september. But I’m from Florida so I am willing move out earlier if needed.

Shannon is currently backed up with emails in the hundreds, I was speaking to her the other day and shes got about 200 people in her inbox alone asking about their status

Reactions: 2 users
They fill up their spots really early but you have to remember that the students they accept in the beginning have other offers they could accept so spots will be open up until the term starts. They will likely accept/waitlist most people until March unless u tell them you don’t like PBL, hate reading, working with others, and etc lol. When I interviewed last year the director of student affairs said half of my group will be accepted and half will be waitlisted but we’re all getting in and I interviewed beginning of February. If you are really interested It would be good to call Ron Shively or shoot him an email after your interview and let him know. In my opinion, you should always email your interviewers and the coordinators thanking them after wards and reminding them ur definitely interested.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 1/31

Accepted 2/11 via email

I interviewed in September and got accepted off the waitlist on 2/19. Shannon called me

For those that already interviewed, did everyone take turns to answer the questions? Are we allowed to give multiple answers to a question?

For those that already interviewed, did everyone take turns to answer the questions? Are we allowed to give multiple answers to a question?

yes. sometimes we went in order of last name (the way they seated us), and other times people just chose when they felt like answering. i don’t know what you mean by multiple answers, but none of the questions asked would require similar answers between any two people, except for if you get a group ethics/debate question.

Hey everyone, would you say lecom is similar to usc since both are PBL or is lecom better in other aspects? Any opinion is greatly appreciated!

Shannon is currently backed up with emails in the hundreds, I was speaking to her the other day and shes got about 200 people in her inbox alone asking about their status
Does this mean there’s hope for people who haven’t heard back from early February interviews?

Hey everyone, would you say lecom is similar to usc since both are PBL or is lecom better in other aspects? Any opinion is greatly appreciated!

well idk if anyone here can really say considering weve only been to one of the schools but I would say lecom is significantly cheaper to attend and has been perfecting PBL for much longer than USC

Does this mean there’s hope for people who haven’t heard back from early February interviews?

Theres always hope, I received my acceptance almost 4 months after interviewing. It was a pre dec interview but still.
I know people who interviewed post dec and heard back months later.

I have to send my AP scores from 2012 (lol), but I can't get a hold of anyone at the school and I'm not sure how/where to have the scores sent. Does anyone have any insight here?

Theres always hope, I received my acceptance almost 4 months after interviewing. It was a pre dec interview but still.
Nice! was it after a waitlist i interviewed in early January and haven't heard anything back yet.

Thank you! I was just curious because, I haven’t heard anything since the announced “if you don’t hear back by this date” time frame. So I’m trying to stay hopeful but at the same time am expecting snail mail :/

If you haven't received a firm rejection (via mail), then that means you should still be on the waitlist. In our class (2022), I know that some people got an admission seat in May, June, and even July. This happens for a variety of reasons like someone accepted a spot at LECOM but then got into their dream/state school so they withdraw their admission.

tl;dr don't lose hope yet there's still ~4.5 months till classes start.

Anybody send in their deposit and not get confirmation from Shannon Phillips yet? I tracked my check and it says it got delivered last week. My due date was today so it’s making me a little nervous not hearing anything!

Thank you! I was just curious because, I haven’t heard anything since the announced “if you don’t hear back by this date” time frame. So I’m trying to stay hopeful but at the same time am expecting snail mail :/

Hey what does your LECOM portal Admissions status say? Mine still says, "congratulations you have been selected for interview..." and i have interviewed already

Hey what does your LECOM portal Admissions status say? Mine still says, "congratulations you have been selected for interview..." and i have interviewed already

Mine says the same, and I’ve interview already as well. The “congratulations” part gets me every time

Hey guys, so I was accepted last Friday and in my acceptance email it said that I will receive my letter in the mail and that I have to adhere to the strict deadline of March 8th. I haven't gotten the physical letter yet so I am not sure where to send my deposit and I don't want to miss the deadline! For those of you accepted did you have to mail in something specific with the check or can I just mail out a check? Should I just wait and hope it gets here soon? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.