*** The Official LECOM Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, so I was accepted last Friday and in my acceptance email it said that I will receive my letter in the mail and that I have to adhere to the strict deadline of March 8th. I haven't gotten the physical letter yet so I am not sure where to send my deposit and I don't want to miss the deadline! For those of you accepted did you have to mail in something specific with the check or can I just mail out a check? Should I just wait and hope it gets here soon? Thanks!

The deposit is probably due on March 8th. But the rest of the paperwork will probably have a later date. The exact date will be indicated in your deposit confirmation email.

Members don't see this ad.

Haven’t mailed my matriculation packet due March 1st and the office doesn’t pick up calls... should I send what I have already?

Hey guys, so I was accepted last Friday and in my acceptance email it said that I will receive my letter in the mail and that I have to adhere to the strict deadline of March 8th. I haven't gotten the physical letter yet so I am not sure where to send my deposit and I don't want to miss the deadline! For those of you accepted did you have to mail in something specific with the check or can I just mail out a check? Should I just wait and hope it gets here soon? Thanks!

I dont know the answer to your question but when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
They had something for us to sign as well. Don’t exactly remember if that was due with the check, but I sent both in at the same time.

Accepted today off the waitlist via email!!!!

Does anyone know how quickly i have to complete the tasks in the separate background check email?

Reactions: 1 users
So is there really no way to bring water outside of the cafeteria? Like even if it’s bottled and kept in your backpack? That seems ridiculous lol.

Reactions: 1 user
So is there really no way to bring water outside of the cafeteria? Like even if it’s bottled and kept in your backpack? That seems ridiculous lol.

They told us during interview day that the rule was set in place bc a.) the equipment and b.) because the pbl rooms have free wires or whatever running through the tables and in the rooms, so if something were to spill, then everyone is screwed. ‍♀️ I was also wary about being dehydrated all day because of this rule, but I heard classes are usually only three hours max, so it shouldn’t be *too* bad.

They told us during interview day that the rule was set in place bc a.) the equipment and b.) because the pbl rooms have free wires or whatever running through the tables and in the rooms, so if something were to spill, then everyone is screwed. ‍♀️ I was also wary about being dehydrated all day because of this rule, but I heard classes are usually only three hours max, so it shouldn’t be *too* bad.
That’s how every school’s wiring is though lol. 3 hours no water sounds rough but whateva.

HAHAHA LECOM comes up with a different excuse each time. They're just trying to scare you. (just don't be seen with water that's all).

From a student who drinks two bottles of water a day.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
HAHAHA LECOM comes up with a different excuse each time. They're just trying to scare you. (just don't be seen with water that's all).

From a student who drinks two bottles of water a day.
How big are these bottles?

Hello, sorry if this is probably off topic but I’m looking for a roommate to share a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment . It is in a good neighborhood, 5mins drive to main Erie campus. Rent is $315/each+ electricity. Please feel free email me for more info if you are interested. [email protected]

Hello, sorry if this is probably off topic but I’m looking for a roommate to share a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment . It is in a good neighborhood, 5mins drive to main Erie campus. Rent is $315/each+ electricity. Please feel free email me for more info if you are interested. [email protected]
Main Erie or Bradenton?

Do people use the roommate portal or is the FB group a better resource?

Haven’t mailed my matriculation packet due March 1st and the office doesn’t pick up calls... should I send what I have already?
Just in case this wasn't answered, send it whatever you have. You can update your immunizations as needed.

You can have water bottles wherever you want but you can't drink from them unless you're in the cafeteria. They do have water fountains by the bathrooms though.

Got accepted off the waitlist yesterday!!!!!! SO HAPPY WOW

Reactions: 4 users
Does any one else not get a response back from Shannon. I've emailed her several times and not one response

For anyone that interviewed Feb 21st, did anyone else's LECOM portal status change to "Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made."?

Last edited:
For anyone that interviewed Feb 21st, did anyone else's LECOM portal status change to "Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made."?
I interviewed on Feb. 28th and got the same message. Let's pray for both of us.

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone going to the Open House they’re having on Friday, June 7th?

Has anyone from the Feb 21st interview heard anything yet?! They did say we were gonna hear back this week, right?

Oh how do you know that?!
Look up LECOM Dental Class of 2023 on FB. There are 99 members, including 4 admins. I believe the admins are from class of 2022. That means 95 students and class size is 105, so only 10 spots left.

Look up LECOM Dental Class of 2023 on FB. There are 99 members, including 4 admins. I believe the admins are from class of 2022. That means 95 students and class size is 105, so only 10 spots left.

There are 4 admins that represent the Class of 2022 Officers. There are lot of D1/D2/D3/residents in the group as well, so do not base the facebook group's member count as an indication of the number of seats left.

There are 4 admins that represent the Class of 2022 Officers. There are lot of D1/D2/D3/residents in the group as well, so do not base the facebook group's member count as an indication of the number of seats left.
Thanks for the clarification. This gives me more hope!

Hi all I just received an interview for end of March... Anybody know which airport is best to fly into that's closest to Bradenton? Thanks in advance!

Hi all I just received an interview for end of March... Anybody know which airport is best to fly into that's closest to Bradenton? Thanks in advance!
The closest airport to the campus is Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport, which is about 20 mins. The second closest is Tampa, which is 1 hour.

The closest airport to the campus is Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport, which is about 20 mins. The second closest is Tampa, which is 1 hour.
I'm planning to fly into Tampa cause it's cheaper. Would you say the traffic is bad on Thursday mornings?

Status
Not open for further replies.