Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
July 31stHi , when did you apply if you don't mind me asking
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
July 31stHi , when did you apply if you don't mind me asking
How was it?LECOM interview done! anyone interview with MWU AZ in this group?
LECOM interview done! anyone interview with MWU AZ in this group?
How was it?
I think so! Mine does too- several students have previously said that LECOM tends to focus on updating their portal vs. their AADSAS status.Is it okay that my status on AADSAS is still "None" ?
I pm'd youI interviewed at MWU AZ last year. Let me know if you have any questions.
hey when did you interview, and which portal you mean? ADEA or LECOMDid anyone who interviewed have their status changed to “a decision has been made on your file. An official letter will be mailed in 30 days”?
I’m not expecting a physical letter in the mail as it hasn’t shown up for people in the past but idk what to make of it.
I recently interviewed at LECOM and this is how I understood it. The first year or so is still lecture based classes with a little bit of PBL worked in. The second year your pretty much only doing PBL stuff for your sciences, but still having lectures for your labs etc. They said in PBL you are divided into groups of 10 students for a semester. Then your group is given different case studies that relate to whatever topic they are trying to teach you in anatomy, physiology etc, and it is up to you and your group to research the case and to learn about it. You have an instructor who is keeping an eye on you so you aren't alone, but it is completely up to you and your group to learn the information. You are graded off board style exams that are multiple choice, and you have a couple a semester similar to undergrad. I am also pretty sure there is some kind of weekly evaluation you do in PBL? But I don't remember much about what they said on that. So pretty much you are teaching yourself based off real life cases, so the learning is much more of an exploration than simply sitting down and memorizing facts.Can someone explain the PBL system at LECOM? Thank you.
Wow, thank you for the run-down! A few questions, do yall have cadavers for gross anatomy? What are these clowns you mentioned? and How do you only have a few weeks off each year? Many other schools give the summer off.
Group interviews are definitely interesting. The cool thing about them is that you get to show case how you interact with others and how you function in a group. The bad thing is that you get less time to talk about yourself and make yourself stand out. When I interviewed, there were 24 other applicants, we were divided into groups of 6 for the interview, and each interview group met with different members of the faculty, so I can't specifically say what kind of questions you will be asked, since each group was different. My interview had surprisingly few typical questions, they didn't even ask us why we wanted to be dentists, so if I had any advice, It would be to make sure you can talk about yourself and your experiences while still answering their questions. For example, if asked what trait you think is most important for a dentist to have, you could answer "I think compassion is a very important trait for a dentist to have, because when I was volunteering at XYZ clinic, I really learned about the need for proper dental care in impoverished communities which taught me compassion...etc." So even though you still answered the question, you also provided them with information on you and what you've done, because the interview is closed file as well. If you have anymore questions feel free to PM me.Anyone that has interviewed have any tips? I know its a group interview which is already foreign to me, but I want to maximize my chances as well and just not get caught off guard
Appreciate it! That helps a lot...seems like a relaxed interviewGroup interviews are definitely interesting. The cool thing about them is that you get to show case how you interact with others and how you function in a group. The bad thing is that you get less time to talk about yourself and make yourself stand out. When I interviewed, there were 24 other applicants, we were divided into groups of 6 for the interview, and each interview group met with different members of the faculty, so I can't specifically say what kind of questions you will be asked, since each group was different. My interview had surprisingly few typical questions, they didn't even ask us why we wanted to be dentists, so if I had any advice, It would be to make sure you can talk about yourself and your experiences while still answering their questions. For example, if asked what trait you think is most important for a dentist to have, you could answer "I think compassion is a very important trait for a dentist to have, because when I was volunteering at XYZ clinic, I really learned about the need for proper dental care in impoverished communities which taught me compassion...etc." So even though you still answered the question, you also provided them with information on you and what you've done, because the interview is closed file as well. If you have anymore questions feel free to PM me.
I got an invite yesterday!Anyone have an idea on when they will send out another batch of invites? It's been a while.
This is kind of embarrassing, but does anyone have what exactly we are supposed to do after the interview. I wrote it down and left my folder accidentally at the airport.
I am! Do you know if we can take our luggage with us to the interview day? I would think so since many of us have flights after, right?anyone else interviewing on 10/4?
You can take your luggage to the interview and they’ll store it.I am! Do you know if we can take our luggage with us to the interview day? I would think so since many of us have flights after, right?
Just got an interview invite!
For what date? And congrats.Just got an interview invite!
My app was submitted on June 6Congrats! When did you submit your application?
Thanks! There's a few dates available in November to choose fromFor what date? And congrats.
Hey guys I made an extensive guide to PBL so anyone interviewing and for future reference: What is PBL anyways? Turning students into doctors!
When I interviewed in September, they said they were interviewing ~800 students. Not sure how many acceptances they send out though.Hey Stanelz, thank you so much for sharing!! I noticed you go to LECOM and am wondering if you know how many students they are interviewing vs. accepting this cycle because I heard they are interviewing more students this cycle than last cycle
Have all pre December interviews been given out?
Seems like an easy way for schools to cut down on costs and time spent teaching.
I have the exact same concern! Wonder if the school is planning on doing something or just waiting and seeing.Is anyone interviewing this Thursday worried about Hurricane Michael?
I actually don’t think this is the forum for the Florida location lol but anyone who thinks it is, please keep me updatedI have the exact same concern! Wonder if the school is planning on doing something or just waiting and seeing.
It is. Its for the dental school in Bradenton, FLI actually don’t think this is the forum for the Florida location lol but anyone who thinks it is, please keep me updated
i emailed and left a VM for Shannon. I’m flying from SC so I’m not sure if i can actually make it thereHavent heard anything about it![]()
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.