*** The Official LECOM Dental Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

1st acceptance at 8 AM this morning. such a relief!!! congrats everyone!!!!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted but will be turning it down so if anyone is wait listed do not fear! More spots will open up soon

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted!!!!! Excited as this was my FIRST choice!!!! Class of 2018!!!!! PM me if you're female and looking for a roommate!

Accepted as well..I could not sleep the whole night waiting for the news, it came at 6:59. I dun know what to say. I am so happy. See y'all on August. Now I can proudly say "Class of 2018"

Congrats ALL!!!! BEST DAY EVER!! This was also my #1 Choice YAY!!!!

Accepted as well..I could not sleep the whole night waiting for the news, it came at 6:59. I dun know what to say. I am so happy. See y'all on August. Now I can proudly say "Class of 2018"

I think we start in July, right?

We should start a facebook group!

Last edited:
We should def Start a FB page YAY I'm super excited!!! OMG this is so surreal :clap::claps::banana::biglove:

Members don't see this ad :)
We should def Start a FB page YAY I'm super excited!!! OMG this is so surreal :clap::claps::banana::biglove:

I totally feel ya. It doesn't seem real to me yet either.

Totally is surreal. It hasn't really "sunk in" yet that my wait is over, and all my hard has paid off. No matter if the rest of the schools reject me, I am going to be a dentist. This ****'s real! I can't wait to get the physical packet in the mail.

Reactions: 2 users
Did you not hear anything back yet either? I hope that's not a bad sign :/

I called and was told that only a first batch of acceptances were emailed. Other than that she just told me to keep waiting. :(

CONGRATULATIONS!!

On behalf of current student body here at LECOM SDM we congratulate you on being accepted into LECOM SCHOOL OF DENTAL MEDICINE! We all know the application process is brutally stressful and very competitive. As part of your new/extended family we share your joy and this proud moment with you. Your hard work has paid off!
You are welcome to join the FB page "LECOM Dental School class of 2018".
https://www.facebook.com/groups/399710370161790/

This page can be a great tool for you and your classmates to get acquainted! We are keeping the page open for a limited time and will transition into a closed group administered by your own class members as you get settled into Bradenton and start your journey.

Once again, CONGRATULATIONS!!

We look forward in meeting you all,

LECOM SDM C/O 2017 & C/O 2016

Last edited:
What does your LECOM portal state your application status is?

Mine States: " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

What do all yours say/ what should I infer?

Anybody know if they are sending out anymore acceptances today??

What does your LECOM portal state your application status is?

Mine States: " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

What do all yours say/ what should I infer?

If i remember correctly from interview day, USPS letters are sent for waitlists. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Mine says on the AADSAS portal: "Invited for interview"

However, to the right of it states " Applicant meets the criteria to be invited for an interview. An offer will be extended, as space is available."

My LECOM portal states: " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

Just to clarify

My AADSAS portal says invited for interview, and to the right it says
"Applicant meets the criteria to be invited for an interview. An offer will be extended, as space is available."

My LECOM portal says I am under review and Iwill be notified as soon as a decision is made.

However, to the right of it states " Applicant meets the criteria to be invited for an interview. An offer will be extended, as space is available."

My LECOM portal states: " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

Just to clarify

mine says the same

I contacted LECOM regarding my above post. I was placed on an alternate list. Just an FYI for those who have the same thing.

Just to clarify
Mine says the same but I got my Acceptance letter by e-mail this morning... I should be ok right?

Mine says the same but I got my Acceptance letter by e-mail this morning... I should be ok right?

Since you have an acceptance letter, in my opinion, your accepted. I have not received such letter at this time. SO CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since you have an acceptance letter, in my opinion, your accepted. I have not received such letter at this time. SO CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ohh ok... Thank you!! You will see... you will get one as well :)

Accepted this morning at 4:57 am pacific time! :highfive:

Side note: Anyone else think that the $2,000 deposit is a bit steep?

For those of you who got into LECOM AND another school, AND chose LECOM. Why? I'm having a hard time deciding.

For those of you who got into LECOM AND another school, AND chose LECOM. Why? I'm having a hard time deciding.

I have already decided to attend LECOM, but I have offers from other schools. The students seem the happiest at LECOM (and that is VERY important to me). I visited one of the "top" schools in the country and found their students to be quite overwhelmed. Besides that, a D4 at this particular school told me that she did not feel prepared to begin working as a dentist "in the real world" (which I found discomforting). While LECOM is fairly new, I appreciate problem-based learning and think it fits my learning style. The faculty is kind and experienced. I get to begin clinical work my first year. And Bradenton is a beautiful place to live.

Congratulations on those that have been accepted, and if you decide to attend LECOM, I think you will be very happy with your decision. But, LECOM is not for everyone, and as with most schools, they all have pros and cons. For those that have been waitlisted or have post Dec 2nd interviews, it is not over. They interviewed all the way through the Spring last year. And if I remember correctly (for my class), over 6300 people interviewed, over 500 acceptance letters went out, and only 100 are attending. It has been a very long time since I have been on here, so if anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer them.

Congratulations on those that have been accepted, and if you decide to attend LECOM, I think you will be very happy with your decision. But, LECOM is not for everyone, and as with most schools, they all have pros and cons. For those that have been waitlisted or have post Dec 2nd interviews, it is not over. They interviewed all the way through the Spring last year. And if I remember correctly (for my class), over 6300 people interviewed, over 500 acceptance letters went out, and only 100 are attending. It has been a very long time since I have been on here, so if anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer them.

Hi there,
I have been reading and following your post for quite some time. I absolutely value your input. I interviewed at Lecom and fell in love with the school, especially the mission to create dentists to serve the under-served areas. I recently got accepted as well and I can not tell you how happy I am. This is a great school and we're all gonna be great dentists.
Just 1 silly question: is there anything I have to do now to confirm my spot or just wait for the official letter to come? I mean like calling the school to confirm or email to confirm....Since you've been there already, please advise

This has to be some sort of typeo, 6300 people interviewed, right? Wouldn't that be close to half of all of the total applicants in the country?

This has to be some sort of typeo, 6300 people interviewed, right? Wouldn't that be close to half of all of the total applicants in the country?
Sorry you are right, 6500 applied to lecom.

Hi there,
I have been reading and following your post for quite some time. I absolutely value your input. I interviewed at Lecom and fell in love with the school, especially the mission to create dentists to serve the under-served areas. I recently got accepted as well and I can not tell you how happy I am. This is a great school and we're all gonna be great dentists.
Just 1 silly question: is there anything I have to do now to confirm my spot or just wait for the official letter to come? I mean like calling the school to confirm or email to confirm....Since you've been there already, please advise

Congratulations, just wait for your acceptance packet. Once you get that just send in the deposit and you reserve your spot. I will suggest getting started on the health exams stuff ASAP. I say this because it takes a while to get some of the lab tests done. It is all out of pocket expenses and insurance does not cover three quarters of them.

just curious around how did it cost to get all the tests done?

just curious around how did it cost to get all the tests done?

If I remember correctly, it was around $600. I did not have insurance at the time, hence the cost. Most dental schools are like this I think, maybe not as extensive though. Another thing that adds to the length of time it takes to get all of this done is due to the fact that a physician must sign off on the vaccines. If your titers are low or nonexistent, you will have to have the vaccines. Hep B is in three titers. If TB test comes back positive a chest x-ray will be required as well. TB test must be done twice and they are done between 7 days and 21 days. If you miss this window, you must start again. And all of these extra things will add to the cost. And lab work sometimes can take up to three weeks to get the results back. All my stuff was done and nothing extra was required.

Tests include:
1. alcohol test
2. drug test
3. TB test (2 times)
4. MMR titer test
5. Varicella titer test
6. DTP titer test.
7. Tetanus vaccine
8. Hep B titer test
9. Physical Examination
10. I think that is all of the testing.

So start early, and I hope this helps.

Congratulations to all who got accepted!!

I just got an interview invite for next week!! I'm very nervous because I've never done a group interview. For those who already got accepted or already went through the interview process, would you mind explaining me how the group interview goes or what to expect?

Thank you guys!!

I just got an interview invite for next week!! I'm very nervous because I've never done a group interview. For those who already got accepted or already went through the interview process, would you mind explaining me how the group interview goes or what to expect?

Thank you guys!!
When you arrive, they'll have a few papers with interview groups already divided up. You all will interview before lunch. In my interview, a question was posed to the entire group and whoever wanted to chime in first could. From there, people generally answered around the table in order. So if you're right next to the person who talks first, you would have been second to speak, or last. This is just how my interview went and may be different group to group, though. My questions were all super straight forward, things you'd expect. Just check out the interview feedback and consider your answers for the questions on there. Good luck!

I'm still making a final decision and will probably take another week to do so. (I have slight indecisive tendencies ). Can you share on your first year experience? What is a typical week like for you? Including class, PBL sessions, lab work. Also, for the lecture classes, how are your exams and experience with the professors?

and by slight indecisive tendencies...I meant huge indecisive tendencies. :rolleyes:

I'm still making a final decision and will probably take another week to do so. (I have slight indecisive tendencies ). Can you share on your first year experience? What is a typical week like for you? Including class, PBL sessions, lab work. Also, for the lecture classes, how are your exams and experience with the professors?

and by slight indecisive tendencies...I meant huge indecisive tendencies. :rolleyes:

DentalElle, atleast you have options, so that is a good thing. As for you indecisive tendencies towards selecting a school to matriculate, it is a huge decision that should not be taken lightly. After all, you are paying a lot of money, and expect a good education. I will give you the description that you are seeking, but do take note that this is from MY experience at LECOM so far as a D1 student. So here we go...

A lot of people are having doubts about the school, even as accepted students. Here is a list of the concernes most D1's have:
1) relocation to the offsite clinic.
2) PBL
3) funding (interest rates and aggregate loan amounts)
4) pass/ fail grading
5) student activates and/ or student organizations

In my opinion, all of these should be addressed during the interview process for potential applicants. These are concerns that should help aid everyone in their decision making process to pick the school best suited for their self. I feel that the only concern is the funding part. But they are provisionally accredited and have federal funds available. With the interest rates continuing to increase, it will always be a concern. There is no subsidized loans for graduate schools, so more of the PLUS loans must be taken out at a higher interest rate. LECOM is not a state school, so tuition fees will be higher. The relocation and how it will be decided was a concern. But, as students, we all knew about this during our interview, so it is not surprise. It has been decided that you get to pick which one you want to go to and if more select a particular site, names will be drawn. But, with the D2's, both sites were chosen equally by the students and 10 or so did not care which one they are going to. So it worked out great. People are more concerned with what schedule they are going to work at the off site clinic. So Dean H, is giving those that did not care what site they went to, first choice in the schedule. Pass/fail grading.... Well this is a problem for those who want to specialize. But, LECOM's focus is on primary care. Again, we all knew about this during the interview. But, if you do want to specialize, LECOM will provide the numerical grade to those programs of your choosing. Student clubs/ organizations are very limited. Well there is only a few organizations currently here. But with it being a new school, there is funding available for students to start new ones. So I personally feel that funding is the only problem, and as someone in charge of our own future, we should ask millions of questions and research everything before making an educated decision on what school to attend that best suits your own needs.

Some people complain that the school is too bland. To me it is not that bland. The color scheme is relaxing and inviting. Very simple. I would rather it be this way so I can keep my focus. But how many times do you actually walk somewhere in any building, and actually look at the walls the entire time? You don't. You look at the people, you converse with others, or look at the amenities that are offered, the technology that is offered, or the vision of a unique dental program. But, if you really want to look at something, then look at our strange (seemingly out of place clown displays), our huge pond in the back with three fountains, or the metal art in the back of the parking lots. But, I guarantee you that you not even care of the "bland aspect of the walls. You will be so intent with conversing with others and actively learning, you won't care. Plus, it is the students and the faculty that give the school its personality, not the decor.

But, it is a new school, and there will be bugs (which they have found out with the inaugural class as well as ours), but they have changed it for the C/O 2017, and it will probably change slightly for the C/O 2018. Examples: PBL is no longer with the DO students, and the dental assisting was changed because most of the D2 students stated that it was like shadowing instead of actually assisting. Which, we all did to get into dental school. So now it is more focused, on the business aspect of the dental office. The program will get better with every class that comes into the school. They also give you a big" (someone from the upper class), to help answer any questions you may have (either about the area or about the school, classes, or anything else you can think of). They are here to help you, not screw you. To give you an idea, the SGA and ASDA has hosted four or five "mixers" to get to know your class as well as the inaugural class within the first week of school. This was fantastic, and should be mentioned.

As for the facilities, Everything is new. The clinics are just now being completed and should be fully open this summer. You get your own chair so you won’t have to "fight" to get one once you get to the clinical aspect. As for the chairs, they are some of the best out there (they have memory foam and have a massage feature). And if I am not mistaken, they cost over $10,000 apiece. In the sim lab, you work on a dummy with a computer screen attached. Again, expensive and nice. So far this first semester, we have: taken impressions, done oral exams, extraoral exams and vital signs, made custom trays and wax ups, made three complete denture settingss, done a few composite and amalgam fillings, articulation, facebow registrations, practiced collecting patient history and records. All of these we have done on each other or the dummy (mine is named Fred). In January, we get our first denture patient from a local organization, were we will have to make complete upper and lowers for an edentulous patient. So we get our first patient in our first year.

I must talk about the clinical experience now. This is THE school for that. You get more than any other school in the country, and you WILL be sought after because of this once you graduate. You start doing dentures for individuals who are in need during the spring of your first year, and your clinical hours increase as you progress through the program. Your entire fourth year will be at an offsite dental clinic that LECOM has built and paid for to service individuals in need. You will get thousands of hours of experience before you graduate.

As for my typical week… I am in group B so I start school at 10 am. The first 8 weeks you are in class or lab for about 5 hours per day with Fridays off. Then your schedule will be something like this (my current schedule)

Monday 10am – 5pm
Tuesday 10am- 4pm
Wednesday 10am – 5pm
Thursday 10am – 1pm
Friday 10am – 12pm

The lectures are not that bad. Boring at times, but you will always learn something. For Gross anatomy, there is no lecture. You read 100-150 pages, memorize it and you are tested one a week. You will go over everything except the lower extremities. You will need to memorize every muscle, artery, vein, organ, nerve, and bone. This was difficult for some people, but it is straight memorization. Classes last anywhere from 8-10 weeks and you only take 2-3 lectures at a time and a couple of labs. Each lecture is 2 hours long twice a week.

As for the PBL, it is 2 hours long and meet three times a week. This process is a work in progress. It changed for us, and it WILL change for the new class. It is getting better though. It is difficult just because of the fact that you will have individuals in your group that do not do the readings and makes things drag out. Test is usually between 10 and 20 chapters. I like PBL because I like the discussions and the academic debate until the facts are all out. I learn better that way.

And finally……. The professors. They are all fantastic and are willing to help you in any way they can. They are very accessible and willing to meet with a scheduled meeting. Just send them an email. There are a few that (to me) seem like they are inferior, and you will always have those types of individuals. But, for the most part, all of the administration and faculty will know you by name by the first 10 weeks. They are very personable.

Holy crap that took a long time, but hopefully it answered all your questions. Good luck in the decision making process.

Reactions: 7 users

Thank you guys!!

Congratulations on the interview.

First I will say this about the interview; There are about 24 prospects per interview day. You begin by listening to several people talk about the school, their philosophy, financial aid, etc. Then a presentation on the PBL and how it works. Half will tour the building. The other half will be broken into groups of six for the actual interview. There are two interviewers and six prospects in each room. It only last about 45 minutes. they ask questions and everyone gets a chance to answer. It is open file. The interviewers know everything about you before you walk in. They dont have your file in front of you, but they know whats in it. They asked me questions directly about my research and publications. No personal questions will be asked due to privacy issues. Questions like: what are your volunteer experiences in your community, Do you foresee any problems with PBL, or why do you want to come to LECOM, are fair game. I think this is fun, but it gives you a chance to hear other peoples responses and how they sound, because you may want to reword things at another interview, or answer it completely different. After, you break for lunch and meet with current students for a Q and A session. Then another presentation. That is it. Pretty relaxed atmosphere. This year you will be given multiple chances to talk to current students (D1 and D2). Once during the tour and during lunch. Both times adcoms will not be present, just us students.

I will say this. Ask all questions you may have during the interview. Everyone here is to help you. Dental interviews are for schools to select who they want to matriculate, but it is also for students to screen the schools they want to attend. You must sell yourself to the school and the school must do the same.

DentalElle, atleast you have options, so that is a good thing. As for you indecisive tendencies towards selecting a school to matriculate, it is a huge decision that should not be taken lightly. After all, you are paying a lot of money, and expect a good education. I will give you the description that you are seeking, but do take note that this is from MY experience at LECOM so far as a D1 student. So here we go...

A lot of people are having doubts about the school, even as accepted students. Here is a list of the concernes most D1's have:
1) relocation to the offsite clinic.
2) PBL
3) funding (interest rates and aggregate loan amounts)
4) pass/ fail grading
5) student activates and/ or student organizations

In my opinion, all of these should be addressed during the interview process for potential applicants. These are concerns that should help aid everyone in their decision making process to pick the school best suited for their self. I feel that the only concern is the funding part. But they are provisionally accredited and have federal funds available. With the interest rates continuing to increase, it will always be a concern. There is no subsidized loans for graduate schools, so more of the PLUS loans must be taken out at a higher interest rate. LECOM is not a state school, so tuition fees will be higher. The relocation and how it will be decided was a concern. But, as students, we all knew about this during our interview, so it is not surprise. It has been decided that you get to pick which one you want to go to and if more select a particular site, names will be drawn. But, with the D2's, both sites were chosen equally by the students and 10 or so did not care which one they are going to. So it worked out great. People are more concerned with what schedule they are going to work at the off site clinic. So Dean H, is giving those that did not care what site they went to, first choice in the schedule. Pass/fail grading.... Well this is a problem for those who want to specialize. But, LECOM's focus is on primary care. Again, we all knew about this during the interview. But, if you do want to specialize, LECOM will provide the numerical grade to those programs of your choosing. Student clubs/ organizations are very limited. Well there is only a few organizations currently here. But with it being a new school, there is funding available for students to start new ones. So I personally feel that funding is the only problem, and as someone in charge of our own future, we should ask millions of questions and research everything before making an educated decision on what school to attend that best suits your own needs.

Some people complain that the school is too bland. To me it is not that bland. The color scheme is relaxing and inviting. Very simple. I would rather it be this way so I can keep my focus. But how many times do you actually walk somewhere in any building, and actually look at the walls the entire time? You don't. You look at the people, you converse with others, or look at the amenities that are offered, the technology that is offered, or the vision of a unique dental program. But, if you really want to look at something, then look at our strange (seemingly out of place clown displays), our huge pond in the back with three fountains, or the metal art in the back of the parking lots. But, I guarantee you that you not even care of the "bland aspect of the walls. You will be so intent with conversing with others and actively learning, you won't care. Plus, it is the students and the faculty that give the school its personality, not the decor.

But, it is a new school, and there will be bugs (which they have found out with the inaugural class as well as ours), but they have changed it for the C/O 2017, and it will probably change slightly for the C/O 2018. Examples: PBL is no longer with the DO students, and the dental assisting was changed because most of the D2 students stated that it was like shadowing instead of actually assisting. Which, we all did to get into dental school. So now it is more focused, on the business aspect of the dental office. The program will get better with every class that comes into the school. They also give you a big" (someone from the upper class), to help answer any questions you may have (either about the area or about the school, classes, or anything else you can think of). They are here to help you, not screw you. To give you an idea, the SGA and ASDA has hosted four or five "mixers" to get to know your class as well as the inaugural class within the first week of school. This was fantastic, and should be mentioned.

As for the facilities, Everything is new. The clinics are just now being completed and should be fully open this summer. You get your own chair so you won’t have to "fight" to get one once you get to the clinical aspect. As for the chairs, they are some of the best out there (they have memory foam and have a massage feature). And if I am not mistaken, they cost over $10,000 apiece. In the sim lab, you work on a dummy with a computer screen attached. Again, expensive and nice. So far this first semester, we have: taken impressions, done oral exams, extraoral exams and vital signs, made custom trays and wax ups, made three complete denture settingss, done a few composite and amalgam fillings, articulation, facebow registrations, practiced collecting patient history and records. All of these we have done on each other or the dummy (mine is named Fred). In January, we get our first denture patient from a local organization, were we will have to make complete upper and lowers for an edentulous patient. So we get our first patient in our first year.

I must talk about the clinical experience now. This is THE school for that. You get more than any other school in the country, and you WILL be sought after because of this once you graduate. You start doing dentures for individuals who are in need during the spring of your first year, and your clinical hours increase as you progress through the program. Your entire fourth year will be at an offsite dental clinic that LECOM has built and paid for to service individuals in need. You will get thousands of hours of experience before you graduate.

As for my typical week… I am in group B so I start school at 10 am. The first 8 weeks you are in class or lab for about 5 hours per day with Fridays off. Then your schedule will be something like this (my current schedule)

Monday 10am – 5pm
Tuesday 10am- 4pm
Wednesday 10am – 5pm
Thursday 10am – 1pm
Friday 10am – 12pm

The lectures are not that bad. Boring at times, but you will always learn something. For Gross anatomy, there is no lecture. You read 100-150 pages, memorize it and you are tested one a week. You will go over everything except the lower extremities. You will need to memorize every muscle, artery, vein, organ, nerve, and bone. This was difficult for some people, but it is straight memorization. Classes last anywhere from 8-10 weeks and you only take 2-3 lectures at a time and a couple of labs. Each lecture is 2 hours long twice a week.

As for the PBL, it is 2 hours long and meet three times a week. This process is a work in progress. It changed for us, and it WILL change for the new class. It is getting better though. It is difficult just because of the fact that you will have individuals in your group that do not do the readings and makes things drag out. Test is usually between 10 and 20 chapters. I like PBL because I like the discussions and the academic debate until the facts are all out. I learn better that way.

And finally……. The professors. They are all fantastic and are willing to help you in any way they can. They are very accessible and willing to meet with a scheduled meeting. Just send them an email. There are a few that (to me) seem like they are inferior, and you will always have those types of individuals. But, for the most part, all of the administration and faculty will know you by name by the first 10 weeks. They are very personable.

Holy crap that took a long time, but hopefully it answered all your questions. Good luck in the decision making process.

Thank you so much for the extensive reply!! You definitely mentioned a lot of the things that attracted me when I visited LECOM.. (the state of the art equipment and excellent clinical potential). During the interview I asked if they felt that the 4th years experiences eliminated the need for an AEGD or GPR residency and the dean responded with an extremely confident yes! The only specialty I would do is the AEGD or GPR because at the moment my personal interest is in public health, and I would have sufficient experience attending LECOM without the need for one. I'm just a little nervous about moving away to the clinic during 4th year, but I'll suck it up.

You have just made my decision so much harder because I was leaning toward the other school but now I'm so torn!

Thank you for your input! Maybe I'll see you next fall! :D

one more question. The tour guides said that they wear scrubs a lot instead of professional clothes. Is this true and allowed? I prefer scrubs...

Thank you so much for the extensive reply!! You definitely mentioned a lot of the things that attracted me when I visited LECOM.. (the state of the art equipment and excellent clinical potential). During the interview I asked if they felt that the 4th years experiences eliminated the need for an AEGD or GPR residency and the dean responded with an extremely confident yes! The only specialty I would do is the AEGD or GPR because at the moment my personal interest is in public health, and I would have sufficient experience attending LECOM without the need for one. I'm just a little nervous about moving away to the clinic during 4th year, but I'll suck it up.

You have just made my decision so much harder because I was leaning toward the other school but now I'm so torn!

Thank you for your input! Maybe I'll see you next fall! :D

one more question. The tour guides said that they wear scrubs a lot instead of professional clothes. Is this true and allowed? I prefer scrubs...

Your welcome for the reply. i try to be fair in my own views of LECOM, that is why I list the good and the bad. I am sorry for making your decision harder. But I am sure you will make an informed decision based on your needs and future plans. As for the 4th year off site clinic. You can always go to Defuniak springs, Fl instead of Erie. And yes we wear scrubs. Its basically our uniform. Each class wears a different color. D2's are blue and us D1's are green. Dean Hirsch buys your first set out of his own pocket. You can purchase more at your own expense. I paid $76 for 4 sets from the distributor. If you dont want to wear your scrubs you have to wear business attire to school.

Alternate list.
Let's hope it leads to an acceptance later...

Your welcome for the reply. i try to be fair in my own views of LECOM, that is why I list the good and the bad. I am sorry for making your decision harder. But I am sure you will make an informed decision based on your needs and future plans. As for the 4th year off site clinic. You can always go to Defuniak springs, Fl instead of Erie. And yes we wear scrubs. Its basically our uniform. Each class wears a different color. D2's are blue and us D1's are green. Dean Hirsch buys your first set out of his own pocket. You can purchase more at your own expense. I paid $76 for 4 sets from the distributor. If you dont want to wear your scrubs you have to wear business attire to school.
AWESOME!! are they any specific brand the scrubs? do they have a logo? Love all your info ... hey I have another question.. when does LECOM do the white coat ceremony?

ThankYou
:)

Does anyone know the housing situation for those in LECOM? Where do students live?

Does anyone know the housing situation for those in LECOM? Where do students live?

From my limited research, I have found that it's cheaper the further away you are from LECOM. From what I remember, the housing allowance from financial aid is only $950 a month. One of the tour guides said that some people got a big house and split the costs that way. That could actually be beneficial living with fellow students.

Input from @faceplantjae ?