***The Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still on the interview waitlist ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone still on the interview waitlist ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup....me!! Since July 25th :arghh: There didn't seem to be much movement in getting off the waitlist this year for an interview (yet).

Since all interviews have been given out for pre-December, I think we're in for the long wait. As soon as those are done and acceptances are given out on December 1st, I'm hoping they will issue more interview invites after some of those acceptances are turned down.

Maybe someone who knows more can add to that or give us more info?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! I was just wondering they put my application on hold until i retake my new DAT at the end of october. Do you all think I still have a chance if i do significantly better on my new DAT? 3.5 GPA, 3.4 science, strong overall app.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I was just wondering they put my application on hold until i retake my new DAT at the end of october. Do you all think I still have a chance if i do significantly better on my new DAT? 3.5 GPA, 3.4 science, strong overall app.
I got in with a 3.3gpa, 20/20 dat, on the spot in February. Do everything you possibly can to improve your app.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats, its a great school.
Greeting, tour, then a 3on1 interview.
They 2 docs, and a student. You will be asked a few questions to get to know you. Like why dental? Then maybe a vouple of character questions like what do you want to be remembered for? would you rather be perfect and late, or good and on time? If patient A is running late, and patient B is a very important person who can wait and will be mad if keep him too long, How do you handle the situation?

It's very chill, be yourself, there are right answers and wrong answers. Just stay calm, and give your best answer, and defend your point of view in a professional manner. It's hot so dress professional, but be prepared to maybe take your jacket off for the tour, and maybe freshen up in the bathroom before your 3on1.
GL

Thanks! Appreciate the help

Are there any student or school run programs that offer overnight housing for interviewees?
I will be traveling from out of state for my interview in October. I was hoping to minimize travel costs and would love to network with current dental students and find out more about the school.

Are there any student or school run programs that offer overnight housing for interviewees?
I will be traveling from out of state for my interview in October. I was hoping to minimize travel costs and would love to network with current dental students and find out more about the school.

Im sure someone would take your money and put you up. But honestly i would just find a cheap hotel, close to a restaurant, and get in the zone. No point in really networking until you are accepted, everyone will only say nice stuff except its a expensive school, you should prepare your interview skills, and practice by talking to other applicants in the waiting room and on tours so that you will be smooth. Docs who are going to teach you, dont want to be dealing with overly cocky or super shaky nervous students.

{{pageMetaData.mediaTitle}}

Hi everyone!! I posted this on the 2023 thread but figured the people in this one may have a better answer.

Are there any current students that can speak on their on campus housing?

Is electricity expensive? Is it decent to live there vs off campus? Pros cons?

Hi everyone!! I posted this on the 2023 thread but figured the people in this one may have a better answer.

Are there any current students that can speak on their on campus housing?

Is electricity expensive? Is it decent to live there vs off campus? Pros cons?
Plenty of peeps like the on campus, cheaper but shared laundry, could be a third floor walk up and not a bad deal though. I live at San Lagos, could walk to class, or ride a bike, nice area, great pool, hot tube, workout space, and covered parking. Yes electricity is expensive in AZ, id say like 150-200 a month in the summer depending on the thermostat and sun facing windows. San Prado, and Sage stone also walking distance and pretty nice. Just check them all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.