***The Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was accepted on the spot at todays interview! Hello future classmates! I can't wait to meet you!

gpa 3.3
aa20 ts20
1800 hrs as RDA

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I was accepted on the spot at todays interview! Hello future classmates! I can't wait to meet you!

gpa 3.3
aa20 ts20
1800 hrs as RDA

Hey that is so awesome!! I hope I met you today, I talked to a few of the people coming through. Congrats again, and welcome to Midwestern!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been accepted via phone call or email by Dr. Pashayan post-December who didn’t receive an offer on the spot? I thought my interview went really well and he even told me it did in my thank you email but I didn’t get accepted on the spot. Anyone else have this happen to them but still get in? I seriously fell in love with the school and I’m really anxious about hearing back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, I interviewed last week and thought I did REALLY well. This was one of my later ones so I felt more comfortable showcasing who I was, rather than being uptight and nervous like in my earlier interviews. Also fell in love with the school like many of you. Less than a week afterwards, I received a letter in the mail about being placed on their alternate list. Considering that I live halfway across the country, they must have sent that right after the interview, for it to arrive in my mailbox that quick!
Whatever the case, this is a great school that offers many exciting opportunities that are truly unique. Who knows what they look for in potential candidates, but honestly, just be yourself in your interview and the rest will work itself out :)

Has anyone been accepted via phone call or email by Dr. Pashayan post-December who didn’t receive an offer on the spot? I thought my interview went really well and he even told me it did in my thank you email but I didn’t get accepted on the spot. Anyone else have this happen to them but still get in? I seriously fell in love with the school and I’m really anxious about hearing back.
I got in last year in May so don't stress! There's a lot of movement towards the beginning of summer because people get other offers or they finally decide the school they want to attend. Hang in there, you'll get the call soon enough!

I got in last year in May so don't stress! There's a lot of movement towards the beginning of summer because people get other offers or they finally decide the school they want to attend. Hang in there, you'll get the call soon enough!

I got the call on Tuesday that i've been accepted! Thanks to everyone for their amazing advice on here!!! Can't wait for school to start. I was wondering if people have any advice on housing? Is it worth it to apply for on-campus housing or should I look for places off campus? Any advice would be wonderful!

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know how many seats they have left? did they say in the interviews recently?

Sorry to say I am canceling my interview invitation. I was offered a spot in my state school. Midwestern seems like such a nice school so I hope this invitation goes to someone who really really needs it! Good luck guys!

does anyone know how many seats they have left? did they say in the interviews recently?

I think they have about 10 seats left. I called and they said they received about 130 deposits

For those who interviewed on March 6th or 7th, did they ever say when they will find out whether they are accepted/waitlisted/rejected?

I will be taking myself off the alternative list. Good luck to those waiting!

Hi guys! I got a voicemail from Dr. Pashayan today and then when I called back he said I was accepted!! Good luck to all of you who are waiting, just remain positive and have faith!!! Will be sending lots of prayers :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a phone call from Dr. Pashayan today saying I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! SUPER PSYCHED! And I just paid my matriculation deposit! CAN'T WAIT TO MEET ALL OF YOU! :) Best of luck to those still waiting, hang in there. I talked to admissions on the phone yesterday and they said they still send out acceptance letters until the week before school so there's still time plus re-shuffling is around April when a lot of spots free up!

For those who interviewed on March 6th or 7th, did they ever say when they will find out whether they are accepted/waitlisted/rejected?
They didn't give an exact time but just said it there's a strong chance by April since a lot of spots tend to free up by then. I interviewed 7th and just got my acceptance on the phone today though so keep your head up!

Just gave up my seat--good luck to all attending!

Got a call yesterday saying I got accepted!! Good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, for those already accepted - have you guys got any more info about the next step or anything? It’s been quiet from here while other schools seems to already be sending out tons of stuff and paperwork.

Just got a phone call from Dr. Pashayan today saying I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! SUPER PSYCHED! And I just paid my matriculation deposit! CAN'T WAIT TO MEET ALL OF YOU! :) Best of luck to those still waiting, hang in there. I talked to admissions on the phone yesterday and they said they still send out acceptance letters until the week before school so there's still time plus re-shuffling is around April when a lot of spots free up!

What were your stats if you don't mind?

Decline my seat today. It’s a hard decision. I hope someone can get it. Good luck!

Interviewed at the end of January, was waitlisted immediately, and then got the call yesterday. Love love love this school, but turned it down as I had already committed to my state school. So definitely, even though April is right around the corner, they are making their way through the waitlist.

3.3 GPA, 21 AA, 19 TS, non traditional student

Interviewed at the end of January, was waitlisted immediately, and then got the call yesterday. Love love love this school, but turned it down as I had already committed to my state school. So definitely, even though April is right around the corner, they are making their way through the waitlist.

3.3 GPA, 21 AA, 19 TS, non traditional student
Hahaha, congrats! Probably u got my seat. I just declined it yesterday morning.

Received the acceptance call today!

Interviewed September, waitlisted Dec.

Last edited:
Received the acceptance call today!

Interviewed September, waitlisted Dec.
Do u know if they are going in order? Dec waitlisters first then jan feb ect..? Or do u think its truely random?
This is my #1 and need to get in! Waitlisted in Feb

Do u know if they are going in order? Dec waitlisters first then jan feb ect..? Or do u think its truely random?
This is my #1 and need to get in! Waitlisted in Feb
They more focus on whether or not you'll be a good fit, not particularly the order that you interviewed in. I interviewed in November 2016 but didn't get accepted until May 1, 2017. Make sure you call the admissions office and let them know you are still interested in attending the program. Hang in there!

They more focus on whether or not you'll be a good fit, not particularly the order that you interviewed in. I interviewed in November 2016 but didn't get accepted until May 1, 2017. Make sure you call the admissions office and let them know you are still interested in attending the program. Hang in there!
Thanks for the encouragement! I have sent a letter of interest, had a professor send a LOR , and i also sent a letter of updates since applying. I have a masters. What more do they want.

Thanks for the encouragement! I have sent a letter of interest, had a professor send a LOR , and i also sent a letter of updates since applying. I have a masters. What more do they want.
I'm not sure, just stay positive! I know there is always a lot of movement in April and May. I never thought I would get into this school but I finally got the call in May last year. I know we even have a few classmates that got in the week before classes started. I hope you get in, stay optimistic!

Struggling with the decision between Midwestern AZ and Temple Dental. Would love to hear some perspectives/thoughts?

Struggling with the decision between Midwestern AZ and Temple Dental. Would love to hear some perspectives/thoughts?
I got accepted to both and I choose Temple. I am glad that I made a correct decision. It’ll save you A LOT!

Go MWU-AZ, you can't beat the clinical education you get here, the weather, or the atmosphere. You get to do sooooooo much more here than at any other school. You won't regret your decision;)

Go MWU-AZ, you can't beat the clinical education you get here, the weather, or the atmosphere. You get to do sooooooo much more here than at any other school. You won't regret your decision;)

During my journey to several dental schools as an interviewee, I reached the conclusion that MWU-AZ is unbeatable!

During my journey to several dental schools as an interviewee, I reached the conclusion that MWU-AZ is unbeatable!

Tyler J. Bond a D4 has like 40 implants placed while attending MWU-AZ. So what kind of clinical experience do you want? The basics or the works? Yeah i totally agree, MWU is amaze-za-zing.

got a call from Dr. Pashyan on Monday apr 23! very excited to be going here! thank you to everyone for your support, positivity and tips!

got a call from Dr. Pashyan on Monday apr 23! very excited to be going here! thank you to everyone for your support, positivity and tips!
Hey! I am currently on the alternate list and i was wondering if you have any tips to get off the alternate list.

Congratulations to those who are accepted!!! I'm wondering if we have a facebook group for MWU dental class of 2022. Also, can anyone provide some info about housing around the school?
I'm looking for a housemate for 2018-2019 school year. Please ms me if interested.
Thank you!!!

Congratulations to those who are accepted!!! I'm wondering if we have a facebook group for MWU dental class of 2022. Also, can anyone provide some info about housing around the school?
I'm looking for a housemate for 2018-2019 school year. Please ms me if interested.
Thank you!!!

Here's the group. And I have a spot in my house open, PM me, it said I can't PM you for some reason

Letter of evaluation help

I currently have 3/4 evaluations and was wondering who to ask for the 4th.

1. individual from a school clinic i worked at
2. professor from undergrad
3. dentist

for the 4th evalutator I was thinking asking someone from community service or a professor? any other thoughts?

Thank you

Letter of evaluation help

I currently have 3/4 evaluations and was wondering who to ask for the 4th.

1. individual from a school clinic i worked at
2. professor from undergrad
3. dentist

for the 4th evalutator I was thinking asking someone from community service or a professor? any other thoughts?

Thank you
Make sure you have 2 LOR from science professors, most schools require it, so I would get another letter from a science professor. When I applied last year, I applied to 20 schools, and because I only had 1 LOR from a science professor, only 7 of the schools I applied to said that was fine. I still got in, but yeah, I would do 2 science professors!

Just gave up my seat here to go to a Canadian dental school!

Best of luck to whoever gets it :)

Hello does anyone have a room available for rent here?

Hi,

I have an interview for class of 2023 in October and I was wondering what the interview is like here?

Hi,

I have an interview for class of 2023 in October and I was wondering what the interview is like here?

Congrats, its a great school.
Greeting, tour, then a 3on1 interview.
They 2 docs, and a student. You will be asked a few questions to get to know you. Like why dental? Then maybe a couple of character questions like what do you want to be remembered for? would you rather be perfect and late, or good and on time? If patient A is running late, and patient B is a very important person who can wait and will be mad if keep him too long, How do you handle the situation?

It's very chill, be yourself, there are right answers and wrong answers. Just stay calm, and give your best answer, and defend your point of view in a professional manner. It's hot so dress professional, but be prepared to maybe take your jacket off for the tour, and maybe freshen up in the bathroom before your 3on1.
GL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.