****The Official Midwestern University Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

For those who didn't receive an acceptance on Dec. 1, did anyone ever call in to check their status? I called in just now and she said that the admissions committee already met... but we're either denied or alternate and we won't know until January.

Yah I called and they said to wait till January :( I'm disheartened

Members don't see this ad.

Yah I called and they said to wait till January :( I'm disheartened

Look on the bright side, you landed several acceptances!! :) Congrats!! I'm still waiting for my first one...
She said she doesn't know the exact status of my application since it's not released to her.. but did she also tell you you'd either be alternate or denied?

Look on the bright side, you landed several acceptances!! :) Congrats!! I'm still waiting for my first one...
She said she doesn't know the exact status of my application since it's not released to her.. but did she also tell you you'd either be alternate or denied?

She said I could b accepted, wait listed or denied

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if they accept online biochemistry (3 sem hrs), I talked to some dude at admissions and he said no, but I heard in previous years they did accept online classes. any ideas? anyone going to the fiesta bowl by any chance?

First, I just decided last night that I'm now officially Glendale-bound! Very excited to meet everyone soon.

To the BYU people - I have a similar situation with physiology being 3 hours and my school doesn't offer a lab section..what exactly does your letter to MWU from your department have to say? I'm guessing something like "This course is equivalent to a 4.0 credit course even though it shows up as 3.0." anything else I should ask them to include? I'm really trying to avoid having to take it at a CC over the summer. Thanks!

i just got the call from DR POLK!!!! IM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

ive never been this happy!!! omgggg ive been waiting for their call for a month i feel soooooooooo blessed n happy :D:soexcited:

i just got the call from DR POLK!!!! IM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

ive never been this happy!!! omgggg ive been waiting for their call for a month i feel soooooooooo blessed n happy :D:soexcited:

Nice! Did you end up dropping a deposit elsewhere before the deadlines?

Yah I did but that's something I knew I had to do but I'll be withdrawing now so others will have a chance

I'M IN BABY I'M IN!!!!! GOT THE CALL FROM DR ZAIS 20 MINS AGO! THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYBODY UP THERE WHAT A BLESSING!!! SO THRILLED TO MEET YOU ALL!!! :laugh::laugh::love::love::thumbup::thumbup::cool::cool::cool:

I'm in too! Dr. Zais called with the good news this morning. Does anyone know if microbiology is a prereq

I'm in too! Dr. Zais called with the good news this morning. Does anyone know if microbiology is a prereq

It sure is. With a lab...which I gambled not taking. So I'm taking a whopping 1 credit next semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
First, I just decided last night that I'm now officially Glendale-bound! Very excited to meet everyone soon.

To the BYU people - I have a similar situation with physiology being 3 hours and my school doesn't offer a lab section..what exactly does your letter to MWU from your department have to say? I'm guessing something like "This course is equivalent to a 4.0 credit course even though it shows up as 3.0." anything else I should ask them to include? I'm really trying to avoid having to take it at a CC over the summer. Thanks!

Yes, that's essentially what the letter said, or what I was told it said (I never actually saw it). But one of the reasons MWU accepted the 3 credit class to replace the 4 credits required was because BYU's course still involved 2 hours of lecture, and 2 hours of lab every week. If you haven't talked to Midwestern about the situation, I would recommend doing that first. They may not give you credit for it as you haven't taken the required lab portion. Ask them if they'll accept the 3 credit lecture course to replace the lecture/lab requirement. Good luck.

Last edited:
I'm in!! Dr. Polk called me an hour after I had left my interview!! WOOOOO HOOOO!!!

:thumbup:
:D

Anyone else also accepted into ASDOH? I have a week to decide.
:hungover:

LOL...Guess I could look at where you are from! Congrats Hawaii :) I knew I would see you there. But I'm interviewing tomorrow at ASDOH. Not sure what to do if I get in there...It would be awesome to be in your class though!

Congratulations to all who are planning on joining the MWU family! The school is only getting better and better every year.

Many members of our class own homes that we will be looking to rent when we graduate in May. It's always a win-win to be able to have students rent from past students, so if you are interested please let us know.

There will be lots of homes to choose from in all sizes and different neighborhoods. Many are close to school and others are within a reasonable driving distance. We are planning on collecting our listings together and somehow get it out to your class soon, since you'll be needing to nail down a place to live very soon!

I posted on your official MWU c/o 2016 FB page and encourage you to contact me over there since I'm not on SDN much.

Thanks for your interest, and again --- CONGRATS!

-Kory

LOL...Guess I could look at where you are from! Congrats Hawaii :) I knew I would see you there. But I'm interviewing tomorrow at ASDOH. Not sure what to do if I get in there...It would be awesome to be in your class though!

Good luck tomorrow! And yeah, there aren't a lot of Hawaii pre-dents on here. ;)

I guess since you get to see both schools so close together you'll get a very good idea of which you like more, hopefully the decision isn't too tough after that.

I have an interview at Midwestern-IL next week. Can anyone please provide me with the specifics of the interview process (how many people interview you, what kinds of ?s, etc)? I looked on interview feedback, but there are very few posts. Thanks!

Kahr, I'm going with Midwestern :) What did you decide? Gonna wait for Oregon or NYU? Hope to see you in AZ though...!

Kahr, I'm going with Midwestern :) What did you decide? Gonna wait for Oregon or NYU? Hope to see you in AZ though...!

Awesome, good to know I was okay in not applying to ASDOH. I haven't decided anything, though I will be depositing at Midwestern. I'm declining NYU, have no reason to make two deposits right now, not to mention I thought Midwestern was far superior to NYU in too many ways. I am still waiting on OHSU, but also UW, really disappointed they didn't call this week. Anyway, you definitely made a great decision, I'll still be very happy if I end up at Midwestern. ;)

Has anyone that has put their deposit down gotten an email about a company that performs background checks through the ADEA called Certiphi? The email asks for your consent for them to perform a background check for your conditional acceptance, and then takes you to a page where you fill stuff out then it seems like it will cost money which has me concerned. Anyone have any feedback?

Yeah, I got that email from Certiphi too. It's legit so don't worry about that, but I think I remember it did cost money - I think it was $75.

Yes, that's essentially what the letter said, or what I was told it said (I never actually saw it). But one of the reasons MWU accepted the 3 credit class to replace the 4 credits required was because BYU's course still involved 2 hours of lecture, and 2 hours of lab every week. If you haven't talked to Midwestern about the situation, I would recommend doing that first. They may not give you credit for it as you haven't taken the required lab portion. Ask them if they'll accept the 3 credit lecture course to replace the lecture/lab requirement. Good luck.
Thanks for the help - MWU accepted the letter from my physiology prof...no summer school for me!

Has anyone that has put their deposit down gotten an email about a company that performs background checks through the ADEA called Certiphi? The email asks for your consent for them to perform a background check for your conditional acceptance, and then takes you to a page where you fill stuff out then it seems like it will cost money which has me concerned. Anyone have any feedback?

I called the school earlier about this. We will have to get a background check eventually but they said they will send us the information regarding it further down the line. You do not need to do the Certiphi background check, but will have to do one eventually.

How's the racial and cultural diversity in the MWU dental class compared to other schools? Does anyone know?

Hey you guys that were accepted on the the 3rd, what was the time frame they gave you to pay your deposit or let them know of your decision?

I have an interview at Midwestern next week, what did you think of the interview?

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

Has anyone from the east cost interviewed/been accepted?

I'm interested in the school but want to make sure that the time and money put into going out there is well spent. ;)

I'm from va, my interview is on the 7th so I will let you know soon!

I'm a 3rd year student from Florida. There are probably 15-20% from the east coast in the 3rd and 4th year classes. The school offers the WREB exam, as well as the ADEX exam administered by NERB. I was worried when I decided to come here that I would have to travel out of state to test, thankfully they decided to offer it here :)

I interviewed there yesterday and felt it was worth it, they told us the class was not full yet. They were very nice and welcoming and the facilities are amazing. If accepted I would go.

I interviewed there yesterday and felt it was worth it, they told us the class was not full yet. They were very nice and welcoming and the facilities are amazing. If accepted I would go.

Out of curiousity, when did you turn in your supplemental application? I have a friend who's dying with the wait to get an interview, she called a week ago and asked about her status and Midwestern said she was "on hold for an interview" she's hoping that just means they are sending out an invite in the next bunch of emails.

I was a slacker and submitted it on Dec 31

I'm a 3rd year student from Florida. There are probably 15-20% from the east coast in the 3rd and 4th year classes. The school offers the WREB exam, as well as the ADEX exam administered by NERB. I was worried when I decided to come here that I would have to travel out of state to test, thankfully they decided to offer it here :)

Thank you so much for posting this!! As a fellow Floridian that is great to hear!! :thumbup:

Can anyone at Midwestern comment on the on-campus housing? Specifically the 2 bedroom apartments. Is there anywhere that has some good pictures of the apartments? Any info would help! Thanks!

I just got the call from Dr. Polk today!!!! Accepted!!!! I am pumped!!!!!

Congragulations! When did you have your interview?

Yes I did on the 7th, guess that's not good news for me! I am desperately waiting for a call from Dr.Polk.

No nothing yet, I got a random email from admissions with a video advertising the school in it tho? I hope after march 1st I will hear something. I think another page the deposited for accepted students was due by then.

Ok maybe we will hear something tomorrow, or early next week? Wishful thinking...

I did on the 21 st... She generally said I was probably on a list .... I didn't provide her any information about me so I don't really know what that means. She didn't sound like she wanted to give me any other information so I didn't ask further questions.