****The Official Midwestern University Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

I did on the 21 st... She generally said I was probably on a list .... I didn't provide her any information about me so I don't really know what that means. She didn't sound like she wanted to give me any other information so I didn't ask further questions.

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

let me know if you hear anything

Members don't see this ad.

Received an official alternate list letter today... better than a rejection I suppose :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I really hope so fujindesu! :) The seats are pretty much filled now... When I called the last week of February, its over 100 deposits

EDIT:
I forgot to include that they also said there are over 163 current alternates.

Last edited:
Got the alternate list letter from Midwestern today too :)

Last edited:
I just called in and the class is now full and there is about 160 people on the alternate list.

I don't think they would tell you that, I wish I knew

Did they at least tell you any idea of where you stand on the alternate list?

I wish I knew! :) But on the alternate list letter, they said they don't rank the alternate list

Anyone put down a housing application on campus? Apparently they're going to make decisions about who gets what on March 30th. I wish they had provided pictures online of the interiors.

Also, does anyone remember if they were going to send out any information packets on our schedules, supplies, etc before orientation?

Anyone put down a housing application on campus? Apparently they're going to make decisions about who gets what on March 30th. I wish they had provided pictures online of the interiors.

Also, does anyone remember if they were going to send out any information packets on our schedules, supplies, etc before orientation?

Just got off the phone with the dental medicine dept, they told me in June they would be sending our whole class information from IT on how/where to get the laptops, and in August we can contact the bookstore directly regarding the required texts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call from Dr. Polk today! I can't believe that I am in!

For all of you still on the wait-list, contact your interviewer! I figured that the school wants to see some aggressiveness from its wait-listers so I took the bull by the horns. I contacted Dr. Polk and asked him what I could do to be chosen off of the wait-list. I told him that I had more LORs, EC updates, etc... He told me to relax and that I had done everything I could. I then expressed my sincere interest in attending the school even though I was on the wait-list. This afternoon I got the call.
I don't know how much contacting him helped but I got accepted the next day so I will say that it did help. Show you are still interested in the school, you never know what will happen! :thumbup:

I got the call from Dr. Polk today! I can't believe that I am in!

For all of you still on the wait-list, contact your interviewer! I figured that the school wants to see some aggressiveness from its wait-listers so I took the bull by the horns. I contacted Dr. Polk and asked him what I could do to be chosen off of the wait-list. I told him that I had more LORs, EC updates, etc... He told me to relax and that I had done everything I could. I then expressed my sincere interest in attending the school even though I was on the wait-list. This afternoon I got the call.
I don't know how much contacting him helped but I got accepted the next day so I will say that it did help. Show you are still interested in the school, you never know what will happen! :thumbup:

Congrats, must be a huge relief! :)

Last edited:
Gonna be giving up my spot, does anyone know what I need to do? I also am pretty sure the deposit was nonrefundable, but does anyone know if there is any partial refund? Just thought I'd ask:xf:. Either way, someone should be getting a good call!

Yup. It's in the matriculation agreement. It's only 10%, but $100 is $100.

REFUND POLICY with written notification of withdrawal more than thirty calendar days before the program begins. After a student has paid his/her entire matriculation deposit, he/she may request a $100 refund by writing to the Director of Admissions and mailed/delivered to the institution at the address stated here within up to 30 calendar days prior to the first date of orientation. Refunds are not given for partial or incremental deposit payments. A Student loses 100% of all deposit money if an official, written notification of withdrawal is received by the Office of Admissions less than one month (30 calendar days) before the date of orientation or if the student fails to matriculate at the orientation program.

Gonna be going to Roseman instead. We've got a better work and family situation here, so it should help us not be in so much debt. Best of luck to you guys!

Gonna be going to Roseman instead. We've got a better work and family situation here, so it should help us not be in so much debt. Best of luck to you guys!

Sounds like you're making the right decision, hope everything works out; just too bad we're losing another SDN'er. ;)

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted! I'm currently a D1 at Midwestern in the HSCP program with the Navy. If you have any questions about military scholarships/the application process, please send me a message, and I can refer you to my recruiter. In the HSCP program, I get to move up a rank from E-6 to E-7 in school if you say I referred you...so it would be awesome if I could answer questions for any of you/point you in the right direction.

Congratulations again!

Oh yeah and the referral works as long as you haven't commissioned with the Navy yet. Thanks guys!

Hello, I have applied for both HPSP and HSCP but have not heard anything yet. How long did it take for you to find out if you were selected? I would be willing to say you referred me if I get selected and it is possible. Please let me know what to expect in the coming months. Also, do you have any suggestions on where to look for apartments? Thanks

Hello, I have applied for both HPSP and HSCP but have not heard anything yet. How long did it take for you to find out if you were selected? I would be willing to say you referred me if I get selected and it is possible. Please let me know what to expect in the coming months. Also, do you have any suggestions on where to look for apartments? Thanks

I take it you'll be attending this coming August? Or are you applying this June?

The HPSP process, is well, a process. You won't know anything until after you've gone through all the hoops: MEPS (medical/physical), LORs, security screening, possible interview, etc. Then your package will go up to a board where they make decisions.

As it stands now, anyone accepted to MWU-AZ (not IL), and that has received a final select letter (basically at 99% for receiving the scholarship), is on a grace period for fully getting the scholarship until this August (when school starts), with the verbal word that they've received full accreditation, the Navy is just waiting to get official paperwork proving this status change, which at the latest with be in August. Apparently, some applicants in this situation have gotten past this and gotten the full scholarship already, as to why some have and some haven't, is likely up to that applicant's regional/district recruiting offices.

As for apartments, on-campus is filled up. MWU-AZ provided this listing:

https://online.midwestern.edu/az_offcampus_apartments.pdf

Edit: Can't help ya with the HSCP. This guy is currently receiving it, you might contact him, though I don't know if he's attending MWU-AZ, so it might not be of too much help: Smills91

Hey! Are you going to Midwestern?? My husband and I are AZCOM grads and are moving to Chicago for our categorical residencies. We are renting out our 3bd 2ba home with a pool and is close to school and to the 101 & I-17 highways (which was perfect during clinicals). The rent is $1250/month which includes pool and lawn maintenance. Let me know if you have any questions.

Did anyone else on the wait list get a call from Midwestern today, they just asked me if I was still interested in attending

nope, I am still waiting

Yes, I got the same call in the morning and then two hours later I got an acceptance call. :)) I'm happy beyond imaginable!!! :)) So the list is moving! Good luck to those who are still waiting!

Congratulations! Thanks for replying! I hope I get that call soon! fingers crossed!

Does anyone remember if the dress code requires us to wear a certain color of shoes?

Have a house (3BR/2BA) and still looking for 2 roommates who want to live with me. The address is 7101 W Beardsley RD and the townhouse is 1.8 miles from campus (at most a 5 minute drive and 12 minute bike ride to campus). House is in a gated community with a community pool and spa. The interior of the house is 1500 sq ft and has a granite counter top in the kitchen and bathrooms. Rent is $425/month and this includes water, HOA fees, and garbage. Feel free to message me ([email protected]) for questions and I can show you some pictures as well!

Got a call from Dr. Polk today. A couple months too late, but he said there is a spot that will be open. So don't give up anyone!

Yay! Congrats! I was accepted last week! :) I can't wait to see you in August! I second what @dent4GA said. Don't give up!

Yay! Congrats! I was accepted last week! :) I can't wait to see you in August! I second what @dent4GA said. Don't give up!

what was your status (GPA, and DAT) if you don't mind me asking....I'm waiting for a call as well, and I'm getting depressed

Got a call this morning, asking what my status was. I told
him I was going to another school but he didn't really ask me if I was still interested in Midwestern. So not sure if I took myself off the wait list or not, but they are still calling for "status updates"

I think if they call and ask what your status is then you must be on top of the wait list ... Just a guess?

I was called like 2 weeks ago and he asked me about my status and I told Dr. Polk that I'm still interested, but I haven't heard back since then. Should I call him, or wait??

I would maybe email him. Seems like kind of a bizarre practice just calling waitlisted students asking about our status'. Obviously our status is you haven't accepted us yet so why don't you do that first and give us a couple days to decide, rather than getting peoples hopes up by getting a call from a dental school.

but what should I tell him in the email, I already told him on the phone that I'm still interested....I don't want to look desperate

I would consider it "motivated" not "desperate"...I would just say how motivated you are attend school there and how eager your are to go to Dental School next year.......

Any males still looking for a roomate? Message me if your interested, thanks!

Hey, I'm looking for 2 more roommates.

Have a house (3BR/2BA) and still looking for 2 roommates who want to live with me. The address is 7101 W Beardsley RD and the townhouse is 1.8 miles from campus (at most a 5 minute drive and 12 minute bike ride to campus). House is in a gated community with a community pool and spa. The interior of the house is 1500 sq ft and has a granite counter top in the kitchen and bathrooms. Rent is $425/month and this includes water, HOA fees, and garbage. Feel free to message me ([email protected]) for questions and I can show you some pictures as well!

I'm waiting for my spring grades to clear

Well guys, be seeıng you at orıentatıon day! I assume everyone got the emaıl from the dean about our orıentatıon schedule. Stıll unsure myself what I'm gonna wear or ıf I should shave... beard ıs fınally growıng ın to some extent.

Also wonderıng about thıs Dell vs Macbook pro thıng... lookıng forward to seeıng what the specs on both avaılable wıll be.

Well guys, be seeıng you at orıentatıon day! I assume everyone got the emaıl from the dean about our orıentatıon schedule. Stıll unsure myself what I'm gonna wear or ıf I should shave... beard ıs fınally growıng ın to some extent.

Also wonderıng about thıs Dell vs Macbook pro thıng... lookıng forward to seeıng what the specs on both avaılable wıll be.

Based on what the D2s said on the FB page it is going to be the entry level 13inch MacBook Pro for the Mac, luckily Apple just updated the MacBook Pro so we should be good on that front (won't be the one with retina display as that is $2100)..... PM if you have a Mac questions I am a certified Apple Nut :smuggrin:

Got a call last week from Dr. Polk. He asked where I had gotten accepted. When I said University of Nebraska and USC he seemed to be very interested in me. He said "if I told you that you had a spot here at Midwestern would that be something you're interested in?"... I turned him down, so might open up space for someone else! Best of luck to y'all (dealing with the Phoenix heat, ha!)

Got a call last week from Dr. Polk. He asked where I had gotten accepted. When I said University of Nebraska and USC he seemed to be very interested in me. He said "if I told you that you had a spot here at Midwestern would that be something you're interested in?"... I turned him down, so might open up space for someone else! Best of luck to y'all (dealing with the Phoenix heat, ha!)

So are you going to USC or Nebraska? Nebraska winters aren't exactly a treat either.