The Republic of Texas Thread - Part III - Where the West begins!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know how they choose who gets on the waitlist? ...and who gets OFF?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone without a prematch offer to TAMU get matched there (or know anyone that got matched there)??? It seems as though no one got matched there without a prematch offer.... :confused:

I'm not entirely sure, but I'd imagine they choose who gets on the waitlist from one of two ways:

Either a person ranked UTH (or whatever school) #1 on their match list and didn't get in, or a person ranked UTH #? and UTH ranked them somewhere within a certain number (say 400?). Because they only give out ~270 acceptances initially, everyone within some number automatically goes to the waitlist.

Once on the waitlist, I'm not sure how they organize you, but UTSW said they'd be getting back to us about that.

Members don't see this ad :)

Ok I just have to know if that is really your cat, I set it as my background and I swear I giggle like a little girl everytime I see it. It is sosososososososo cute! I just want to squeeze the kitty and kiss its nose!

I'm not entirely sure, but I'd imagine they choose who gets on the waitlist from one of two ways:

Either a person ranked UTH (or whatever school) #1 on their match list and didn't get in, or a person ranked UTH #? and UTH ranked them somewhere within a certain number (say 400?). Because they only give out ~270 acceptances initially, everyone within some number automatically goes to the waitlist.

Once on the waitlist, I'm not sure how they organize you, but UTSW said they'd be getting back to us about that.

The waitlist is based solely on UTH's impression of the applicant. Even if a person ranked UTH #1, he or she may not be on the waitlist.

Ok I just have to know if that is really your cat, I set it as my background and I swear I giggle like a little girl everytime I see it. It is sosososososososo cute! I just want to squeeze the kitty and kiss its nose!

Thanks!:) I actually swiped the pic when another poster posted it (I don't know if it was his cat or not). It was a huge pic, and you could see all the details of the cat's face...the huge, sparkling eyes, the perfect little nose, etc. ADORABLE! :) Another couple of posters helped me to resize it for use as my avatar.

If you ranked a school #2, will you still be put on their waitlist? I would imagine yes if they liked you. I don't think schools actually get to see your rankings... just TMDSAS does.

If you ranked a school #2, will you still be put on their waitlist? I would imagine yes if they liked you. I don't think schools actually get to see your rankings... just TMDSAS does.

Possibly. It is up to the school, and yes, they do not know how you ranked the schools you interviewed at.

In before closed! Just saw the Blue Man Group in Amarillo, they were great.

I ranked UTSW #2 and got on the waitlist.

1) in before lock
2) i wasn't watching grey's because scrubs > grey's
3) i was also watching the mavs come from behind to beat the rockets
4) i'm still pissed that it seems as if TAMU had nothing open or barely anything. i think it was quite unfair that people who had prematch acceptances were still in the match. they were essentially vieing for two spots, one of which they already had.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got home...

looks like things are looking (slightly) brighter...

I skimmed thru posts, so it seems like not everyone who interviewed at UTSW got on the waitlist? The e-mail I got was addressed only to me (not to undisclosed recipeints) so they might be doing it slowly to each person...??)

Maybe they met today and went thru the list and decided who is on/off then will meet again to rank..??

either way, UTSW is a top school so it's like a double edged sword: it's competitive to get in BUT those same students are likely to go to other top schools, so it works both ways.

Good luck to everyone, and I'll see in you Part 4

(btw those potential names were hilarious!)

1) in before lock
2) i wasn't watching grey's because scrubs > grey's
3) i was also watching the mavs come from behind to beat the rockets
4) i'm still pissed that it seems as if TAMU had nothing open or barely anything. i think it was quite unfair that people who had prematch acceptances were still in the match. they were essentially vieing for two spots, one of which they already had.

IBTL FTW

was it a new one? Season 6 has been ehh compared to 5. 5 was phenomenal in retrospec!

rocket, what time does your email say it was sent? jw

only 127? don't they take more? or am i just confused

I get off all the time... :p

Oh Lord, he's back. :rolleyes: And to think that when I wrote that, I almost censored myself by re-writing "the waitlist" at the end. I forgot that some of us DO still use 4th-grade potty humor. :p

With regards to the UT-Houston class list, I know of a few people who are DEFINATELY not attending UT-Houston (they are going OOS) and a few were are still waiting on some other OOS schools. So hang in there, UT-Houston isn't done.

Anastasis, where did you get that list?

Oh Lord, he's back. :rolleyes: And to think that when I wrote that, I almost censored myself by re-writing "the waitlist" at the end. I forgot that some of us DO still use 4th-grade potty humor. :p

Hey, not everyone is equal. You should be more sensitive to those of us still struggling with 4th-grade level subjects... :(

no TMDSAS is the worst... it looks like it was made by some 12 year old in their parents basement in 1995

IBTL FTW

was it a new one? Season 6 has been ehh compared to 5. 5 was phenomenal in retrospec!
uhhh season 6 is pretty good. the one before this last one was pretty WTF-inducing. IMO scrubs is always good. i just hope they go on to a 7th season.

also i would like to say again: TX match sucked ass. i dont' think i've ever seen so much devastation from an application cycle.

uhhh season 6 is pretty good. the one before this last one was pretty WTF-inducing. IMO scrubs is always good. i just hope they go on to a 7th season.

also i would like to say again: TX match sucked ass. i dont' think i've ever seen so much devastation from an application cycle.

Yeah I guess so. I missed the end of the last one... where they go on the road trip? The first few ones were good. Season 5 was cool b/c it added a littel more depth to the show.. at first I was like nooo keep it OG scrubs, but after watching dr. cox in the transplant episode (my lunch), I was like zOMG

I hope it goes to a 7th also. It's awesome and kinda underrated... i geuss there were rumors of zach braff leaving, but i heard he did an interview and was like, i plan on staying unless the producer has other plans?

I took out the name from the UT-Houston list and sorted the schools in alphabetical order. I thought you guys might like to get an idea for what schools were represented in what proportions.

Hopefully I attached it correctly.

Attachments

• 2007 Entering Class - Schools Only.doc
    78.5 KB · Views: 161
With regards to the UT-Houston class list, I know of a few people who are DEFINATELY not attending UT-Houston (they are going OOS) and a few were are still waiting on some other OOS schools. So hang in there, UT-Houston isn't done.

Anastasis, where did you get that list?

Windsen, do you think that the list is somehow wrong or something? I don't think they'd publish it if it were incorrect. But yeah, I just can't believe that the entire class is (seemingly) made up of ppl w/PRE-MATCH offers!! :mad: Anyone know of any UTH post-matches?

Status
Not open for further replies.