The Republic of Texas Thread - Part III - Where the West begins!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i ranked UTSW #1 and A&M #2 and TCOM#3 which was my pre-match
i was really hoping for love from either UTSW or A&M...im praying that at least UTSW didn't participate in the match...errgh. but for now it seems like i got "matched' w/ Tcom...(which was my pre-match newaz)
how are things for u?

Interviewed at UTSW and UTMB (Declined interviews elsewhere). Had a pre-match offer from UTMB, but ranked UTSW #1 and UTMB #2. No love from UTSW, so as it stands, I'll be heading to Einstein. But I'm still waiting on Baylor and some other schools that I've interviewed at. Hopefully, some more schools show me some love because my home town sure didn't.

Members don't see this ad.

No UTSW here.

Got my prematch Houston.

Members don't see this ad :)
800 extra applicants seems a little excessive. You'd think that at least some of those 800 people are less than sincere about med school or have also applied at about 800 other medical schools out of state. Also...thats absolutely right that some schools are continuing to interview into January. Some of those schools have got to know something that we don't. There has got to be something more that we are missing here.

honestly i don't think it mattered that there were 800 applicants more than last year...

its not like the schools started to interview more ppl ya know?? if someone got interviews, they should have a fairly good chance at getting in somewhere...

i dunno... im kind of lost at the moment

Interviewed at UTSW and UTMB (Declined interviews elsewhere). Had a pre-match offer from UTMB, but ranked UTSW #1 and UTMB #2. No love from UTSW, so as it stands, I'll be heading to Einstein. But I'm still waiting on Baylor and some other schools that I've interviewed at. Hopefully, some more schools show me some love because my home town sure didn't.

So you are turning down UTMB?

I am going to start counting how many people withdraw...

800 extra applicants seems a little excessive. You'd think that at least some of those 800 people are less than sincere about med school or have also applied at about 800 other medical schools out of state. Also...thats absolutely right that some schools are continuing to interview into January. Some of those schools have got to know something that we don't. There has got to be something more that we are missing here.

Dr. Jones gave me that info so it is accurate. He said that late applicants had such a disadvantage because by the time their app was in a lot of the spots were gone. That's why I said "apply on the very first possible day next year" cause this system heavily favors the early bird

Members don't see this ad :)
I had no prematch offers....got my 1st choice--UTMB!

i hope someone w/ more than like 50 posts can call and confirm that UTSW participated in the match and if so, how many spots were awarded... I'll try to call but it's unlikely b/c I have class all day back-to-back...

I matched, but not higher than my pre-match offer.

Best of luck to everyone. For those of you that didn't hear, keep the faith and NEVER give up.

diana, I am so sorry, I honestly cannot believe that. I looked into your stats and thought that surely, you were matching somewhere. Don't give up hope...

As for me guys, prematch Tech no UTH or UTMB

I'm shaking so bad right now and am pretty much numb. And I don't know if it is in a good way.

Looks like the majority of us got ****ed this year

To all that matched, many many congrats! To all who did not, please do not give up hope. There is always waitlist movement etc. :luck: :luck:

I matched, but not higher than my pre-match offer.

Best of luck to everyone. For those of you that didn't hear, keep the faith and NEVER give up.

wow, that's the most positive thing you've ever said. haha

Same for me... my prematch...

Seems like no one matched over their prematch??

I'll be happy at TCOM, but I really wanted to get UTMB or UTSA :(

Hey WannaDoc...I'm in the same boat as you. I got a pre-match offer from TCOM and was very happy to get it but I really wanted UTHSCSA or UT-Houston. I had a very strong interview at both places and I thought for sure that I was going to match into either one. :(

alright well now that the anxiosuness has worn off to bed i go

Diana, future Dr. House, and others who did not match,

Do not give up hope! I was in the exact same boat as you last year. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Sorry Diana, hopefully the waitlist will show you some love.

Didn't match.. I guess they thought I was too young :(

To everyone who matched, congratulations! To all those that did not match, I was also in exact same situation last year. If I could be of any assistance, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Hey WannaDoc...I'm in the same boat as you. I got a pre-match offer from TCOM and was very happy to get it but I really wanted UTHSCSA or UT-Houston. I had a very strong interview at both places and I thought for sure that I was going to match into either one. :(

Hey Blue,

I felt the same way. My UTMB and UTSA interviews went awesome... I guess my lower MCAT just wasn't enough...

I'll be super happy at TCOM though.... PDAs/laptops.... nice lecture halls... awesome student center... cool flat screens in the gross lab... library with a great view and one you can order PIZZA to and dine in.....

I'll see you there... unless one of us ends up getting off a waitlist... though by the look of things.... who knows what'll happen...

Didn't match.. I guess they thought I was too young :(

like i said to someone else.. honestly i doubt that was the case.. just too little seats available for the match.

for me, i was kind of half expecting/dreading it...but some of the ppl on here who didnt' get in...its shocking!!!

I remember seeing somewhere around 20 people on SDN claiming that they were offered UTSW pre-match acceptances (back in Nov./Dec.). There's no way UTSW gave out over 200 pre-match offers. I know not everyone actively posts on SDN, but you'd expect many more individuals to be posting if that many pre-match offers went out. It makes me think that something went wrong tonight...maybe a glitch or something..Or maybe that's just wishful thinking

I truly thought I was gonna get in.. 5 interviews except Tech and TCOM ( which I didn't apply to)... ok mcats and gpa... only thing against me is that I'm too young, but i thought that I portrayed myself as mature in the interviews...

finally someone beat the system. Congrats!:D :D

I interviewed there on Nov 17. If I remember correctly, it was their last day. They sent all their prematches out on Nov 15, so I might have had an advantage in that almost everyone else had already been picked over by the adcom once whereas I hadn't gotten a look yet. Although, I also thought it was my best interview.

I truly thought I was gonna get in.. 5 interviews except Tech and TCOM ( which I didn't apply to)... ok mcats and gpa... only thing against me is that I'm too young, but i thought that I portrayed myself as mature in the interviews...

How old are you?

I remember seeing somewhere around 20 people on SDN claiming that they were offered UTSW pre-match acceptances (back in Nov./Dec.). There's no way UTSW gave out over 200 pre-match offers. I know not everyone actively posts on SDN, but you'd expect many more individuals to be posting if that many pre-match offers went out. It makes me think that something went wrong tonight...maybe a glitch or something..Or maybe that's just wishful thinking

Maybe the speculation was right? They didn't match anyone, and will make offers off the waitlist?

btw you have a pm

19, but i'm getting my bachelor's this may. I have an interview at Baylor on Friday, I guess if I didn't match, my chances of getting into baylor are minimal... :( So, I guess that I have to find a job then...

whoa that is young... but don't hold it against yourself too much...the schools know your DOB and still you got 5 interviews! did you apply late? have later interviews??

I agree. This seems like something is just not right. No one is talking about A&M matches. People who had pre-matches are showing "Did not match".
I am wondering if there is problem displaying certain school's results and by default the SW is going to "Did Not Match". BTW - I am a Mom of one of the pre-meds here and a Manager of SW Engineering at a major corp. This does not look right.

I am so so so so so so so sorry for those of you who didn't get in. I was hoping and praying and ready to celebrate for everyone on here. I know we're only internet friends but if any of you need anything at all I'm more than willing to talk, chat, whatever you need. I even will feed you cookies. I have a feeling there will be waitlist movement. Hugs for everyone!!!! I love you guys!!!

19, but i'm getting my bachelor's this may. I have an interview at Baylor on Friday, I guess if I didn't match, my chances of getting into baylor are minimal... :( So, I guess that I have to find a job then...

haha, I'll be at Baylor as well and didn't get matched. Going to be awkward when they ask "what medical school are you going to."

whoa that is young... but don't hold it against yourself too much...the schools know your DOB and still you got 5 interviews! did you apply late? have later interviews??

I took the August MCAT, so my app was just processed on 10/04 and I got interviews mid-November, early December

Been reading this thread religiously all night. I interviewed at two schools (UTSA and TCOM) but matched at neither. I'm not entirely surprised about my case (though admittedly quite disappointed) but I am very shocked to hear about some of you who didn't matched at all in spite of IMO great credentials.

Anyone else thinks that this match thing is somehow useless (*cough* f@#$ed *cough*) and that the whole thing is far from over?

I took the August MCAT, so my app was just processed on 10/04 and I got interviews mid-November, early December

that could've been a major factor, but who knows really... just keep your chin up and rock out that baylor interview!!

same goes to everyone else with interviews ahead!

haha, I'll be at Baylor as well and didn't get matched. Going to be awkward when they ask "what medical school are you going to."

haha, I'll see you on Friday... If they ask me which med school i'm going to, I'll say: Baylor... hopefully, they'll get the joke...

Obviously you are EXTREMELY intelligent. Don't let this get you down. You WILL get in somewhere eventually. Use these years to expand yourself. Hopefully you get in Baylor:)

Status
Not open for further replies.