The Republic of Texas Thread - Part III - Where the West begins!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a pre-match offer, and I entered it as my first choice but I DID NOT MATCH ANYWHERE?!?!?!

TMDSAS, YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

MAY SHE FLY FREE FOREVER
texas_flag.JPG

Members don't see this ad :)
aggiesarah... looks like we'll be there together. not that u know me

1st choice - UT Houston :)

I got a pre-match offer, and I entered it as my first choice but I DID NOT MATCH ANYWHERE?!?!?!

unbelievable... what does it say next to School Matched? :eek: :eek:

That's unfortunate. :confused:

Texas Tech, pre-match offer and first choice :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone match at San Antonio or Southwestern...it seems like they may not have participated

Damn, so what's the policy if you matched into your second choice and not your first. Is it still possible to get into number 1? Help...

I got SA, but had a prematch offer there.... i was hoping for southwestern. Guess i'm staying out of state...

Same boat, fricken ridiculous. This better get straightened out tomorrow morning, or I will shiz a brick.

i don't see anyone posting about TAMU. i wonder what's up or if there's anything up. i don't get why i didn't get in.

It says, "Did not match to any school." :confused:

There will be hell to pay tomorrow morning. :mad: :mad:

I will help you yell at them if you like, it's not fair to give us mild heart attacks at our young age. It's possibly just a mistake, I'm hoping you can get it fixed right way. Good luck with that.

And Congrats to everyone who matched...did anybody match at UTSW? If so, please come by the class threads and say hello. :)

If you didn't match, dont feel bad, do what I did, apply again to 30+ schools next year, lots of out of state schools that you can get into, look at my list, I did a lot of mathematical analysis and phone calling to make a list of schools that are willing to take in texans. But remove U of Missouri at columbia because they don't take in people from this part of the country.

I guess no validation date DID mean no match... how could I be so ignorant?

Damn, so what's the policy if you matched into your second choice and not your first. Is it still possible to get into number 1? Help...

yes, you might be waitlisted at your #1 and it's possible to get in some time later. some schools like UTSW have a lot of waitlist movement in May for example.

No match for me too. I'm actually sitting in my hotel in New Orleans listening to sirens for a Tulane interview in 8 hours. Obviously now my only chance.

Damn, I had 4 schools going in 30 MCAT and 3.6 GPA and I thought I could get something.

This is unfortunate and unbelievable :eek:

tcom last choice and my pre-match
:(

Same for me... my prematch...

Seems like no one matched over their prematch??

I'll be happy at TCOM, but I really wanted to get UTMB or UTSA :(

matched at TCOM, where I had my pre-match offer. So guess I'm waitlisted at TAMU and UTSA now. oh well, a little sad but still glad I got something.

yes, you might be waitlisted at your #1 and it's possible to get in some time later. some schools like UTSW have a lot of waitlist movement in May for example.

Do i need to contact TMDSAS or UTSW about this?

Anyone match at San Antonio or Southwestern...it seems like they may not have participated

(talked to Dr. Jones earlier this week) UTHSCSA only offered 33 spots in the match due to larger than expected pre-offer acceptances. Also the other schools also had more people accept the pre-offer then planned so there weren't a lot of match spots out there to be had. Sorry guys.

y do ppl who didnt match have to clal in the morning

Same for me... my prematch...

Seems like no one matched over their prematch??

I'll be happy at TCOM, but I really wanted to get UTMB or UTSA :(

I matched over my prematches but only 1 rank....i got into tech which i ranked above A&M and TCOM where I prematched...did not get into SA or SW which were my top 2

I matched to sa if that was a question of them participating in the match.

did anyone get a match over their pre-match?

did anyone WITHOUT a prematch... match anywhere??

So who matched at SA or TAMU or Houston without a pre-match offer there

Do i need to contact TMDSAS or UTSW about this?

UTSW will tell you via snail whether or not you're on the waitlist. You can always call admissions to see how they're proceeding with it this year. Good luck, I hope you get in.

Same boat, fricken ridiculous. This better get straightened out tomorrow morning, or I will shiz a brick.

JMPeffer and bodhisattva, it could be a possibility you both had a pre-match offer from the same school and it is a glitch in the system for that school? No matter what, I hope the problem gets fixed quickly tomorrow.

Man I would hate to work at an admissions office tomorrow...they are going to be flooded with calls

Pre-Match

School Matched: UT Medical School - Galveston :)

Hey, I noticed you're from EP. Did you by any chance interviewed at SW on 9-30? I think I might have met you if you did.

No match for me too. I'm actually sitting in my hotel in New Orleans listening to sirens for a Tulane interview in 8 hours. Obviously now my only chance.

Damn, I had 4 schools going in 30 MCAT and 3.6 GPA and I thought I could get something.

Hey, I'm in New Orleans, too. I go to school here at Tulane. Good luck tomorrow!

Looks like I'll be partyin it up in H-town.

Status
Not open for further replies.