The Republic of Texas XXIV: Will be posted on February 1, 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, same here: 1-15-2009

(but it lies because those are NOT the same options i had two weeks ago!!! :D )

My last update shows 09-11-2008....and I know for a fact my list was changed several times since then. So maybe the "glitch" just hasn't got around to me yet? :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

How are you guys accessing these menus? Mine have totally disappeared. I only have the match ranking list and the link to my offers are gone. Oh wellz. :)

mine was last updated 1-13.

someone call tmdsas tomorrow.

not it.

Members don't see this ad :)
How are you guys accessing these menus? Mine have totally disappeared. I only have the match ranking list and the link to my offers are gone. Oh wellz. :)

you should see this:

- Change Addresses
- Update Record of College Work:
[XXXXX]
- Enter School Match Preferences: (for medical school applicants only. Enter ranking only AFTER Interviewed. Must enter preferences by January 15.)

Or view:
- Status of Application and Supporting Documents
- Applicant Profile (only after you've received notification that your file has been processed and sent to schools)
- Formatted/Printable Application

Click the "OR VIEW" (show here in red)

i hope this really is our match results. I feel like it's nov. 13th all over when i saw my tcom results early. Hopefully it is and we'll be classmates at tech this fall! And it would be a nice bday gift!

seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch. I was really hoping for a UTH acceptance. No change for me.

Ouch. I was really hoping for a UTH acceptance. No change for me.

My last update shows 09-11-2008....and I know for a fact my list was changed several times since then. So maybe the "glitch" just hasn't got around to me yet? :luck:

hey, it aint over til the fat lady sings. and Jan 30 is one hefty chick.
:luck::xf::luck:

i'm not sure if this is your case, but safari doesn't seem to show the "Or view:" link. i had to switch to firefox to see it.

mine was last updated 1-13.

someone call tmdsas tomorrow.

not it.

Seconded, and also not it.

i'm not sure if this is your case, but safari doesn't seem to show the "Or view:" link. i had to switch to firefox to see it.

That is... odd. Speaking of Safari, are you on an aluminum MacBook by any chance?

Oh, and this is my 2,000th post here on SDN. So for 2k, good luck this week. Not sure if we're seeing the entirety of the match or not, but good luck anyhow. :thumbup:

Hey exi, since we didn't prematch anywhere we wouldn't have that page anyways. So I wouldn't get too down yet. At least that's what I'm telling myself...:):luck:

Hey exi, since we didn't prematch anywhere we wouldn't have that page anyways. So I wouldn't get too down yet. At least that's what I'm telling myself...:):luck:

Here is my theory. They had to enter in the pre-matches on TMDSAS after 11-14, they didn't just show up instantly. Maybe the "match" has happened, but they haven't got around to entering everyone's status as yet to update that page....bc my last update shows September 11th which I know isn't correct :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)

Yeah, I think it must be only for those with prematches since we would be declining an offer and accepting a new one. Have faith, hopefully you all get in thru the match!

My last update says 1/20/09. Didnt think that was possible. Btw I didnt prematch anywhere and under the "Or View:" menue, it says I do not have multiple offers. BOOOOOO!

Okay, friends - calm down. There's NO way we could have multiple offers if we didn't pre-match, but subsequently matched. We'd only have ONE offer. This is not the end. =P Nobody without a pre-match has been able to see any change on this page.

Programmer fiance has investigated and says:

Where you click on "OR VIEW:" they have tried to make it be commented out and forgot to close it. This is the old link for where you wrote in your pre-match acceptances and declines (are those words, haha?). It seems to us that they are checking their programming on Safari and it's working to comment out the old "Enter your pre-match offers" link, but on Firefox (and other browers?) you are able to see that page as a link from the "OR VIEW:" button....which initially wasn't supposed to be a link at all.

for the prematch that i declined, when i choose it... there's only one option... Decline...

however, for the prematch offer i picked it shows Accept and then Accept again and Decline.

so im guessing i matched to my prematch offer... or this is some glitch.

DAMN YOU TMDSAS GODS

Where you click on "OR VIEW:" they have tried to make it be commented out and forgot to close it. This is the old link for where you wrote in your pre-match acceptances and declines (are those words, haha?). It seems to us that they are checking their programming on Safari and it's working to comment out the old "Enter your pre-match offers" link, but on Firefox (and other browers?) you are able to see that page as a link from the "OR VIEW:" button....which initially wasn't supposed to be a link at all.

:confused:
ummm, can you further translate? haha

OK, I generally consider myself reasonably fluent in internet acronyms... but that one has defeated me.

Also, I guess I can't say I'm really "sad" that I didn't move up in my match (if indeed this is it) since I've already got a great school to go to, but I guess I was still hoping to move up. Oh well. Congrats to everyone who moved up, and for those who didn't have a prematch who can't see this yet, good luck on Friday! :)

lol okay

It looks like an error in their HTML. They meant to make the old "Enter your pre-match offer....." link disappear and instead made it move to the "OR VIEW:" text. That is not supposed to be a link at all.

Then (allegedly, obviously this could all be wrong....nobody freak out yet) they updated the pre-match offers page to reflect matches.

And voila....now everyone with a pre-match can see their match.

Like I said, this is developed from a quick glance at their HTML and could be wrong. It also involved speculation.

Only time will tell. ;)

if you've ever taken a computer programming course, there are certain codes you can use to simply add personal commentary into your program. only you can see it, and it's not executed out into what people see.

if you click on "view source" on safari, you can see the programming for the original link called "Choose Medical School Pre-Match Offers." apparently, the coders tried to block out the link by adding code that would render those lines simply "commentary" within the program code. in safari, this seemed to work; in firefox, something went wrong, and the link to your prematch page was transfered to the next text line in the code, ie. "Or view:."

if you've ever taken a computer programming course, there are certain codes you can use to simply add personal commentary into your program. only you can see it, but it's not executed out into what people see.

if you click on "view source" on safari, you can see the programming for the original link called "Choose Medical School Pre-Match Offers." apparently, the coders tried to block out the link by adding code that would render those lines simply "commentary" within the program code. in safari, this seemed to work; in firefox, something went wrong, and the link to your prematch page was transfered to the next text line in the code, ie. "Or view:."

:thumbup::thumbup:

OK, I generally consider myself reasonably fluent in internet acronyms... but that one has defeated me.
Favorite post of the day. It's not common internet lingo, just need to look at the context.

sounds like the same glitch they seem to have every year. congrats on tech maggie!! and happy bday too!!

for the rest of you, i believe herman melville summerized your feelings about tmdsas many years ago...."from hell's heart i stab at thee. for hate's sake i spit my last breath at thee.." hee hee.

sucks not having a computer. sam adams white ale, their spring wheat beer....try it, love it, live it.

i looked at it as

Flippin' Post of The Day

where flippin' is a euphemism.

if you've ever taken a computer programming course, there are certain codes you can use to simply add personal commentary into your program. only you can see it, and it's not executed out into what people see.

oh, ok, yeah that make sense...

the only programing i've ever taken was C++ in high school... [scored a 2 on the AP exam!!! yeah baby! that's right up there with my gpa! :laugh: ] i remember you could use "//" to make comments, but C++ is kinda kinda archaic nowadays...

high fives for brain space wasted on useless info i'll never use.

Didn't even think to check that sort of thing out. That makes sense.

So Friday it is. Friday afternoon, Friday-Saturday at midnight, ... hmm.

If our prematch offer didn't change - does that pretty much mean we didn't match higher? I'm rooting for Houston, but only my prematch offer is showing. Any ideas? Do I still have hope?

If our prematch offer didn't change - does that pretty much mean we didn't match higher? I'm rooting for Houston, but only my prematch offer is showing. Any ideas? Do I still have hope?

repost x 3:

it aint over til the fat lady sings...

Lol, I have officially lost my mind with all this. Stop tearing at my heart, you people! :p

I'm calling TMDSAS in the morning and asking them what's up.

repost x 3:

it aint over til the fat lady sings...

The fat lady needs to sing faster bc I can't take this anymore! :) These last few days are brutal

I have NO new information, but the way I see it...it seems that the match has been "leaked". Congrats (I'm pretty certain!) to those who matched their number 1!!

What I don't understand is why we must wait until January 30th for the "official word" if they already have it all figured out? It makes me want to think that the match isn't completely over with...but that doesn't seem to make sense either...why would the complete some people and not others?

Oh well! We will all find out in time. Again, congrats to those who seemingly matched their number 1!!!! :)

I don't have multiple offers... and it blinks! How cruel.

I'm OOS though so I'm not sure if any of this concerns me. I can freak out just with the rest though.. :scared: When in Rome... :)

Hang in there everyone! (slightly tentative) congrats and good luck to the rest!

Does anybody who didn't pre-match have anything showing on the form people are seeing their supposed match results on?

Haha, you know, as I sit here imaging how the match process is accomplished, I imagine a representative from every school, meeting in a dark room with no windows.

In this room is a circular table with one lamp over it. The representatives from each school are probably wearing hoods and cloaks, like the skull and bones or something.

TTU-Lubbock Rep: "How can we screw with these people's minds this year?"
UTHSCSA Rep: "I know, I know! We can pretend to 'accidentally leak' match results to a few of the students, and drive the other ones that are waiting absolutely insane!"
The rest of the group: "Brilliant!" "Fantastic!" "Excellent!"
UTMB Rep: "Good, then it's settled. We'll start the weak of the match. And to top it all off, the system will go down on Friday, and everyone will have to wait till February 1st anyways to find out anything with certainty!"

[all ends in a chorus of maniacal laughter]

Haha :laugh:.

I have NO new information, but the way I see it...it seems that the match has been "leaked". Congrats (I'm pretty certain!) to those who matched their number 1!!

What I don't understand is why we must wait until January 30th for the "official word" if they already have it all figured out? It makes me want to think that the match isn't completely over with...but that doesn't seem to make sense either...why would the complete some people and not others?

Oh well! We will all find out in time. Again, congrats to those who seemingly matched their number 1!!!! :)

It seems like only those with prematch offers are seeing weirdness today (like aggie08 & co. are saying). I'm not entirely convinced that this is the entirety of the match, but I'll be very interested in what the TMDSAS says tomorrow.

It seems like only those with prematch offers are seeing weirdness today (like aggie08 & co. are saying). I'm not entirely convinced that this is the entirety of the match, but I'll be very interested in what the TMDSAS says tomorrow.
I only have one pre-match offer, and haven't seen anything change whatsoever.

All my pages look exactly the same, with the exception of the main page (it looks exactly like the one maggie08 posted earlier).

...but I'll be very interested in what the TMDSAS says tomorrow.

Me too. I also bet that after someone calls TMDSAS, we will all lose the ability to see the page (not that I care...just saying). :)

I only have one pre-match offer, and haven't seen anything change whatsoever.

All my pages look exactly the same, with the exception of the main page (it looks exactly like the one maggie08 posted earlier).

Yeah, makes sense. 0 - 1 offers = NOT multiple pre-match offers, so never had a MULTIPLE pre-match offers page.

you should see this:

- Change Addresses
- Update Record of College Work:
[XXXXX]
- Enter School Match Preferences: (for medical school applicants only. Enter ranking only AFTER Interviewed. Must enter preferences by January 15.)

Or view:
- Status of Application and Supporting Documents
- Applicant Profile (only after you've received notification that your file has been processed and sent to schools)
- Formatted/Printable Application

Click the "OR VIEW" (show here in red)

My Or View is not clickable... huh?

Edit: Oh it's because I'm using Google Chrome.

Yeah, makes sense. 0 - 1 offers = NOT multiple pre-match offers, so never had a MULTIPLE pre-match offers page.

Actually, I had a MULTIPLE pre-match offers page :laugh:.

Not sure why. I suspect it the TMDSAS trying to mock me with the big, bold letters saying, "you do NOT have" multiple offers. :rolleyes: I'll show them!

Actually, I had a MULTIPLE pre-match offers page :laugh:.

Not sure why. I suspect it the TMDSAS trying to mock me with the big, bold letters saying, "you do NOT have" multiple offers. :rolleyes: I'll show them!

Well yes, everyone had that page....but anyone with 0 or 1 offer had "you do NOT have multiple pre-match offers" blinking on theirs. It still looks like that when you click it if you had ONE or NO matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.