The Republic of Texas XXXVII: Get up. Look up. Show up. Never Give up.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to do this, do it tomorrow before 5 pm. I DO NOT recommend you do this if it is your only acceptance, though, because the costs of being a reapplicant are too high.
One OOS person who has an OOS acceptance plus a TX spot they do not prefer to their Dream TX WL school called TMDSAS today and was told if they withdrew their current TX spot they would be able to stay on the TX WL past May 15. This OOS person does have their OOS acceptance still in hand in case they don’t get that TX WL offer.

The May 15 applies to OOS as well? Just checking

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Currently keeping the faith that before the deadline in 6 hours I WILL get off the waitlist!! Ahhhhhh

Reactions: 1 user
Instead of happening in the morning, maybe movement will happen later in the afternoon, say around 5.

Instead of happening in the morning, maybe movement will happen later in the afternoon, say around 5.
Wishful thinking :/ I have very little hope lol seems as if theres been little WL movement this cycle

Wishful thinking :/ I have very little hope lol seems as if theres been little WL movement this cycle
This so much. I'm just grasping for straws at this point. I'd love to go to Texas, but at this rate...probably not :/

Let's have us a little roundup, cowboys.

Texas Roundup 5/15/2019

New offers of admission
5/14 1 Dell offer IS from WL
5/14 1 UTMB offer IS from WL declined
5/15 1 UTSW offer IS from WL
5/15 1 Long offer IS from WL (no prior acceptances)

5/12 1 unverified UTSW offer from WL ("friend of a friend" or foaf report LOL)

Positions relinquished:
5/15 1 A&M spot relinquished (person going to Long now)

of today's new offers, there may be spots opening at Long & McGovern
A few of those deciding between Baylor and UTSW haven't checked in (at least on SDN :angelic: ) with their decisions.

Go home and crack a cold one, tomorrow's another day :cow::cow::cow:

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I think within the next week or so we are going to see this cycle wrap up for TX schools, I don't see much further movement once classes are filled with those with no As

Texas Roundup 5/16/2019 "No More Texas two-step" edition
By that I
mean from here on out, for Texans who get a new offer of admission, it will be their "one and only".
Ever hear the Texas expression, "Dance with who brung ya"? That too.

New Offers of admission:
5/13 1 TCOM offer (OOS) from WL
5/15 1 Long offer (OOS) from WL

Positions relinquished:
5/15 1 McGovern spot IS relinquished ( not confirmed but if the person's constant posts on the UTSW page mean anything, then yeah.)

A few folks haven't posted their decisions after WL offers, help me out here guys and make your stand :p:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
View attachment 263060

Texas Roundup 5/16/2019 "No More Texas two-step" edition
By that I
mean from here on out, for Texans who get a new offer of admission, it will be their "one and only".
Ever hear the Texas expression, "Dance with who brung ya"? That too.

New Offers of admission:
5/13 1 TCOM offer (OOS) from WL
5/15 1 Long offer (OOS) from WL

Positions relinquished:
5/15 1 McGovern spot IS relinquished ( not confirmed but if the person's constant posts on the UTSW page mean anything, then yeah.)

A few folks haven't posted their decisions after WL offers, help me out here guys and make your stand :p:cool:

No more Texas two step? How about some more cookie two step

231189_original.jpg

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Texas Roundup 5/17/2019 :cow::cow::cow:

New offers
5/?/ 1 A&M offer from WL
5/17 1 new offer IS from TCU/UNTHSC

Givin' 'em up
5/? 1 A&M offer from WL declined (person had 2 WL offers within a week and chose a different one)
5/17 1 Long spot relinquished IS

Hoping for an eventful weekend, y'all be careful out there

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Texas Roundup 5/17/2019 :cow::cow::cow:

New offers
5/?/ 1 A&M offer from WL
5/17 1 new offer IS from TCU/UNTHSC

Givin' 'em up
5/? 1 A&M offer from WL declined (person had 2 WL offers within a week and chose a different one)
5/17 1 Long spot relinquished IS

Hoping for an eventful weekend, y'all be careful out there
Thank you!

Man the things I would do for a WL offer lol

Reactions: 4 users
Good Mornin', y'all!

Well, I started out on Google looking for an image of crickets to say it has been purty dang quiet around here. I found some, kinda boring, but then I discovered this gem which may not ease your anxiety but will at least amuse you, puzzle you, intrigue you, or repulse you. There's all kinds of cowboys and all kinds of farms, apparently!
Don't miss the tab on Superhumans. Don't miss the quotes on their site, ranging from Hippocrates to David Bowie.

https://www.cowboycrickets.com/our-story

Oh, almost forgot,

5/17 2 more offers of admission from TCU/UNTHSC, 1 IS, 1 OOS. Remember, TCU doesn't keep any Texan/OOS percentage limits.

I know we need to send a final transcript to the school we are attending directly, but do we also need to send one to the TMDSAS?

I know we need to send a final transcript to the school we are attending directly, but do we also need to send one to the TMDSAS?
Good question, @BBBallIsLife
You send your final transcript to TMDSAS, and you also send one directly to the school where you will attend.
TMDSAS likes to have your complete record on file but after acceptance it is your task to send the final one to the school.

Last edited:
Good question, @BBBallIsLife
You send your final transcript to TMDSAS, and you also send one directly to the school where you will attend.
TMDSAS likes to have your complete record on file but after acceptance it is your task to send the final one to the school.

Thank you for clearing that up!

How about AMCAS? I’m not going to an AMCAS school and got rejected from all, so I kind of cut off contact with them lol

Thank you for clearing that up!

How about AMCAS? I’m not going to an AMCAS school and got rejected from all, so I kind of cut off contact with them lol
AMCAS? What's that? kidding. I'll search for the answer but I think it is the same. AAMC site search engine is not helping me out here

• Haha
Texas Midnight Roundup :sleep::sleep::coffee: 5/22/2019

WL offers from 4
different schools!
5/20 1 A&M offer IS from WL
5/20 1 Texas Tech Foster offer IS from WL
5/21 1 TCU/UNTHSC offer OOS from WL
5/21 1 Texas Tech Lubbock offer OOS from WL

Hold on to your hats!

So WL movement done this cycle? I know in years past it typically ends a week or so after schools can only make offers to Texans with no As

So WL movement done this cycle? I know in years past it typically ends a week or so after schools can only make offers to Texans with no As

Supposedly, an applicant contacted my school (TCOM) and received the answer that they "expect no large changes" in the class moving forward.

Likely a similar case elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 users
Texas Roundup 5/23
1 UTRGV offer IS from WL,
applicant declined

I'll edit this post if I see anything else from Texas today.
AMCAS schools are having a few WL offers here and there but nothing big.

Reactions: 2 users

Photo taken at Fort Adams State Park in Newport, Rhode Island and the tribute was installed by Operation Stand Down,RI.
The "Boots on the Ground" memorial consists of nearly 7,000 boots with flags and name cards to honor each of the service members killed in action in the wake of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

It's Memorial Day, take a minute to remember those who died serving our country.

Go out and sit in the grass, take a breath, grill a burger.
Wysdoc

Let's play Jeopardy. Remember that your response must be in the form of a question.
Answer: The pace of the bride's walk down the aisle at a wedding between sloths.

Question: What is the only thing slower than Wait List movement in Texas this year?

Sorry, guys, I got nothin' this week and I will share any news with you as soon as I do.
Wysdoc

View attachment 265340

Let's play Jeopardy. Remember that your response must be in the form of a question.
Answer: The pace of the bride's walk down the aisle at a wedding between sloths.

Question: What is the only thing slower than Wait List movement in Texas this year?

Sorry, guys, I got nothin' this week and I will share any news with you as soon as I do.
Wysdoc

I love watching jeopardy.

Anybody else been keeping up with James Holzhauer? Geez that man is in a tear.

I hope trebeck’s cancer isn’t too rough on him!

Well guys it’s june 1st, and it’s been 2.5 weeks since Texas schools could only make offers to those without As, so WL movement is probably over. GL to all my fellow reapplicants

Surprised no one made this meme yet, but hopefully y'all will get off the WL!!

KHzg02.jpg

• Haha
Texas Roundup 6/5/2019 :cat::chicken::cow:

5/30 Texas Tech 1 offer IS from WL
6/3 TCOM 1 offer IS from WL

Edited to add: :singing:
6/5 McGovern 1 offer from WL

Last edited:
How are y'all doing? I know this is a rough time of the year, not sure whether to reapply or not, waiting and waiting.
I don't try to predict what will happen, just try to report any news to you as I hear it.

Anyone play this game as a child? Did ya pull off 2 petals at once if the answer wasn't going to turn out your way?

How are y'all doing? I know this is a rough time of the year, not sure whether to reapply or not, waiting and waiting.
I don't try to predict what will happen, just try to report any news to you as I hear it.

Anyone play this game as a child? Did ya pull off 2 petals at once if the answer wasn't going to turn out your way?

SHE LOVES ME / SHE LOVES ME NOT

Texas Roundup 6/11/19 **~** Just a "little" news today **~**

6/10 1 TCU/UNTHSC offer from WL
(applicant deciding between this and an OOS school, update: applicant confirmed at TCU)
6/11 1 TCOM offer from WL, IS

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Texas Roundup 6/15/2019 Wysdoc watches the tumbling tumbleweed blow past

There have been only 6 SDN members reporting offers of admission from a WL in the last 15 days.

This year's change in the date past which offers can only be made to those holding no other Texas
seats, from the prior June 1 to the present date of May 15th, seems to have had little effect on the overall WL action in the big scheme of things. It may have prompted applicants to arrive at their decisions a couple of weeks earlier, but just as in the last 2 years, Texas WL offers have trickled on until about the second week of June.

If ya got news, share it!
I'm going to keep this thread open for comments until the end of June.

After that, reapplicants or new applicants, Join us over here at our next season's Texas Support Page

The Republic of Texas XXXVIII : The Cowboy Code

Cowboys, sorry it's come to this, but I think we're done for the year here.
UTRGV and Texas Tech Paul Foster started their orientations July 1, and I haven't seen anyone post new acceptances since 6/18/2019.

Anyone who will be a re-applicant, go practice with your lasso and rope you a good one next time around.
Wysdoc

Join us over here for next year's Texas Support Thread: The Republic of Texas XXXVIII : The Cowboy Code

Status
Not open for further replies.