The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
These are great!!

I will not be posting my drunk stories. I can embarrass myself in other ways..;)

Members don't see this ad.

Story #2...
senior year at Penn they (used to) have the Walnut crawl. You start in center city at 2nd street and hit every bar between 2nd and 40th street supposedly having 1 drink at every bar. Most people slowly make their way up to campus over several hours.

I started late and wanted to catch up with friends so basically just did shots at every stop staying for a few minutes...

When I got to crossing the river/expressway, somehow I ended up walking on and across the Schuykill expressway, which is strange because there was no entrance from walnut. Not sure how I didn't get killed.... When I got to Penn's campus I started to pee on college green (the grass area in the center of campus) not being able to wait any longer and got caught by a female campus police officer. Luckily she let me off .....good thing she didn't check my jacket as it was (accidentally) stolen at the last bar I was at. Didn't discover that until i got home and found money and cigarettes in the pockets (I don't smoke).

Never did catch up with my friends.

I guess I'll share the specifics of my Oktoberfest story. It's kind of scary when you think about it but kind of funny looking pack at it.

So, the group I was with didn't have a table so we only have 3 hours to drink some beer in one of the tents. I drank 3 liters in those 3 hours on pretty much an empty stomach. We all left to go to the bathroom before leaving the tent and I guess I went out the wrong exit and ended up in an outdoor beer garden where I befriend people from Jersey (not NJ). I sat with them and probably drank some more and walked away with an Oktoberfest cookie necklace that I still have. Spent the day navigating Oktoberfest by myself blacked out. Couldn't get in touch with anyone cause all of our phones ran out of money. I apparently fell asleep a few times in random places to be woken up by very friendly people who made sure I was okay and offered me water. Might have puked in a street somewhere. The 2nd time I woke up it was dark out so I decided I should probably head back to our hotel/hostel thing, which is 45 minutes by train outside of Munich. Made my way to the train station, got on the right train, got off at the right stop and ran into 3 of the British guys who were looking for me all day. Apparently they had gotten off on the train before me. We manged to flag a cab down and make it back to our house which was another 20 minute drive from the train station. And then continued drinking when we got back.

Honestly, looking back, sooooo many things could have gone horribly wrong (my mom only knows the censored version) but it makes for a great story. I swear this isn't something I normally do. Black out on occasion but I'm around people I trust and usually take care of myself actually.

I don't think I've done anything really silly like putting traffic cones in a road or anything like that. At least nothing is coming to mind quickly...or I've forgotten.

And there are all my Penn State experiences this year. Yikes.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Foxhunter bar strategy (finally figured it out):

A) Play the Southern Belle card first
- If that seems to be working, quickly follow up by flashing your pistol permit
- Success!

OR

- If A fails, change to
B). Geek out.
- (This includes awful, awful physics puns)
- If he can quote Feynmann, he's probably a winner
- Profit?

/Copyright Foxhunter 2009 - 2012. Not intended to be a factual statement
// Have a few good stories of my own though I don't think they can top any posted here!

Unfair use of your real life knowledge of me Bismarck.

The Foxhunter bar strategy (finally figured it out):

A) Play the Southern Belle card first
- If that seems to be working, quickly follow up by flashing your pistol permit
- Success!

OR

- If A fails, change to
B). Geek out.
- (This includes awful, awful physics puns)
- If he can quote Feynmann, he's probably a winner
- Profit?

/Copyright Foxhunter 2009 - 2012. Not intended to be a factual statement
// Have a few good stories of my own though I don't think they can top any posted here!

I have my concealed permit too... gets 'em every time.
My lifted pickup doesn't hurt either ;)

Country boys love a Texas girl with a gun. I've actually used it as my ID a lot at bars (my drivers license picture is 4 years old, I have sunburn, a broken nose, no make up, and different color hair).

Here is my senior fifth and part of my apartments shrine to the 2011-2012 school year. Potentially the girliest collection of liquor ever (I blame the roomies).

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1337133568.969257.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 121
  • ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1337133612.685602.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 126
  • ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1337133634.402741.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 111
You know what's tragic?

Not drinking for the month of finals, taking a horrendous pharmacology exam, deciding you and your friends should go have one beer to de-stress at 3pm, and all getting wastey-face because your tolerance is so low.

I need to get back in shape. I worry for my liver tomorrow at 3pm.

A friend from my year and I are going back up to our undergrad this weekend for the end of senior week/graduation. Neither of us have been drinking much lately. This will be both of us. It will be interesting.

Also, tequila = bad news bears.

We hosted one party at the house I lived in junior/senior year for a good friend's birthday (HUGE exception to what we had agreed on), someone broken an admittedly pretty cheap breakfast table in our kitchen and some kid kept sitting on the stove and turning on the burner and then exclaiming "wow! fire!" and watching it while my housemate would run over, yell at him a bit, and then turn it off. (Cannot thank her enough for being the most sober person that night.)
There was definitely a bottle of tequila being passed around and I may have tried to drink from it as someone else was holding it and it may have chipped one of my front teeth. It's small enough that no one notices it unless I point it out, but still. I then spent the rest of the night after it happened freaking out and having to be consoled that no, my face was not falling apart.

Otherwise, I'm normally a pretty light drinker when I go out.

Also, tequila = bad news bears.

We hosted one party at the house I lived in junior/senior year for a good friend's birthday (HUGE exception to what we had agreed on), someone broken an admittedly pretty cheap breakfast table in our kitchen and some kid kept sitting on the stove and turning on the burner and then exclaiming "wow! fire!" and watching it while my housemate would run over, yell at him a bit, and then turn it off. (Cannot thank her enough for being the most sober person that night.)
There was definitely a bottle of tequila being passed around and I may have tried to drink from it as someone else was holding it and it may have chipped one of my front teeth. It's small enough that no one notices it unless I point it out, but still. I then spent the rest of the night after it happened freaking out and having to be consoled that no, my face was not falling apart.

Otherwise, I'm normally a pretty light drinker when I go out.

Hahah. This reminds me of a friend of mine. The tooth bit. She was out at a bar/club and was apparently getting off the stage and just ate s***. Broke her two front teeth and drove home immediately the next day to get them fixed. It's especially funny because she just finished her first year of dental school. She was thankful it happened after her interviews cause she would not have wanted to explain that.

The incident caused a whole bunch of drama though because apparently no one brought her home and then she proceed to go home with some guy. I wasn't out that night so I only heard bits and pieces and really didn't want to ask questions to bring up the drama again once things were worked out.

How I met my ex is kind of funny because he was dressed up as a turtle for his flatmates birthday. I mean green hair and everything. I also proceed to slam two of my fingers in the fire door to his apartment the night we met. I recall yelling "f***" and running to his sink to run my fingers under cold water. The finger nails instantly turned black and he's there in the background going "What can I do? I'm in med school." Not quite sure why he was interested in me after that night. But we pretty much started dating within the week and only broke up cause I had to leave the UK.

Clearly all you have to do to get me to date you is dress in my favorite color. Great standards I have.

How I met my ex is kind of funny because he was dressed up as a turtle for his flatmates birthday. I mean green hair and everything. I also proceed to slam two of my fingers in the fire door to his apartment the night we met. I recall yelling "f***" and running to his sink to run my fingers under cold water. The finger nails instantly turned black and he's there in the background going "What can I do? I'm in med school." Not quite sure why he was interested in me after that night. But we pretty much started dating within the week and only broke up cause I had to leave the UK.

Clearly all you have to do to get me to date you is dress in my favorite color. Great standards I have.

OH GOD I thought this was going way worse places. We had someone slam their fingers in a fire door at my dorm junior year and... well, the ambulance came and I assume they reattached them somehow. Human medicine =

:barf:

Members don't see this ad :)
OH GOD I thought this was going way worse places. We had someone slam their fingers in a fire door at my dorm junior year and... well, the ambulance came and I assume they reattached them somehow. Human medicine =

A DZ at my school was going home with a KA and her finger got slammed in his door, chopping the tip off. It was like 4/5 AM and I was driving to a horse show with a DZ and an email went out over their Listserv that said "pinky on the flo" so a lot of people thought it was a joke at first

Honestly, I'm surprised worse didn't happen. It's not like fire doors are light. I do think I had some temporary nerve damage to the one finger. It was all tingly on the tip for months.

Drink.Drank.Drunkkkk....no more third year examsssssssssss!!!!!!!!

la la la...happpyyy danceeee!

:banana::lock::claps::clap::soexcited::D

A DZ at my school was going home with a KA and her finger got slammed in his door, chopping the tip off. It was like 4/5 AM and I was driving to a horse show with a DZ and an email went out over their Listserv that said "pinky on the flo" so a lot of people thought it was a joke at first

What is this language of letters that you speak? DZ? KA?

Also, thank you all for these stories. I officially feel like a model citizen in comparison. :D

yeah KA is most likely kappa alpha. though DZ i have never heard of, i would also guess delta zeta?

Here is my senior fifth and part of my apartments shrine to the 2011-2012 school year. Potentially the girliest collection of liquor ever (I blame the roomies).

ahahaha i spy malibu! :)

I've never been drunk. For some reason I've never really had more than one drink at a time. My dad and my brother did call me an alcoholic at Christmas when I added the tiniest amount of vodka to my cup of punch like 4 times.

However, if I get really tired and everyone around me is high energy then I do stupid things. One time I almost stripped in front of my fiance's siblings with him there. Not really sure what stopped me, maybe it's because we went to get pizza.

ahahaha i spy malibu! :)

I used to drink malibu & diet coke all the time back in the day
smiley-eatdrink026.gif

Story #2...
senior year at Penn they (used to) have the Walnut crawl. You start in center city at 2nd street and hit every bar between 2nd and 40th street supposedly having 1 drink at every bar. Most people slowly make their way up to campus over several hours.

I started late and wanted to catch up with friends so basically just did shots at every stop staying for a few minutes...

When I got to crossing the river/expressway, somehow I ended up walking on and across the Schuykill expressway, which is strange because there was no entrance from walnut. Not sure how I didn't get killed.... When I got to Penn's campus I started to pee on college green (the grass area in the center of campus) not being able to wait any longer and got caught by a female campus police officer. Luckily she let me off .....good thing she didn't check my jacket as it was (accidentally) stolen at the last bar I was at. Didn't discover that until i got home and found money and cigarettes in the pockets (I don't smoke).

Never did catch up with my friends.

wait hang on a minute, SOV did you go to penn?

i just graduated last year - we still have the walnut crawl, though it's called the walnut walk now!! did you guys have feb club too?

Whisky is better (and stronger), you have made a good change in your drinking style :thumbup:

oh man, in college my friend and i used to down like 5 shots of jack daniels in about 15 minutes...........probably not the best decision in retrospect :rolleyes:

You know what's tragic?

Not drinking for the month of finals, taking a horrendous pharmacology exam, deciding you and your friends should go have one beer to de-stress at 3pm, and all getting wastey-face because your tolerance is so low.

I need to get back in shape. I worry for my liver tomorrow at 3pm.

SnS i feel you. since i started working 13 hour shifts friday-sunday, my tolerance has gone WAYYYYY down.............'tis sad actually. gotta get back in shape!

It doesn't matter who is in them. Sororities and Fraternities are ALWAYS asking to be made fun of. (yes - judgemental comment, lol)

It doesn't matter who is in them. Sororities and Fraternities are ALWAYS asking to be made fun of. (yes - judgemental comment, lol)

Aw...sadness.

We're good people!

I feel like I can't make the joke about DZ's now that you've said this about your mom.

Haha you can definitely make fun, she's not on here ;) I rushed for a week, and ran away scared. Sooo not for me, nooo thank you! Besides sorority puns are the best (sorry foxhunter :laugh:)

Haha you can definitely make fun, she's not on here ;) I rushed for a week, and ran away scared. Sooo not for me, nooo thank you! Besides sorority puns are the best (sorry foxhunter :laugh:)

Easy DZ

Glad my letters weren't as easy to come up with things to mock.

I was in a sorority and I am not the sorority type - so very far from it. :laugh: My mom & dad were both in the greek system in college so they pushed me into it as back then it was just a nice place to live.

Oh the nicknames for the houses. I was in Gamma Phi Beta - which was called Jamma Vibrator :rolleyes:

My parents were in Kappa Kappa Gamma (Visa Visa Mastercard) and Beta Theta Pi (Beta Theta Wanna Rape Ya). They didn't have nicknames back when my parents were in college.

Another one SDT - we so nicely called STD. :laugh:

Totally blanking on what we said about SAE at Hopkins...

My school didn't have Greek life, so as freshman we walked the mile up the road to the frats at Hopkins.

Totally blanking on what we said about SAE at Hopkins...

My school didn't have Greek life, so as freshman we walked the mile up the road to the frats at Hopkins.

SAE= Sexual Assault Expected

And I was/am a Theta :)

TriDelta... everyone else has! :cool:

SAE= Sexual Assault Expected

And I was/am a Theta :)

oy..........i definitely had some experiences at SAE - it was the frat of choice to party at among my girlfriends. maybe when i'm a bit more brave i'll share my stories from SAE ;)

22nd birthday...
Saw my comparative vertebrate anatomy professor out at the bar... (we had an exam the next day)....
He bought me way too many "birthday cake" shots and I later fell over onto him and he had to help me up off the floor. :cool: At our practical the next day, the very last station had a shot glass (filled with water presumably), and it was an extra credit question about what was inside the shot glass that made human evolution nearly unrecognizable when consumed... needless to say, I burst out laughing and was the only person who got the specific shot name right :oops:.
Best... professor... ever!
He is a world renowned paleontologist and every time I see him on national geographic it makes me laugh. :D

Hahaha. That's hilarious Emiloo and reminds me of something that happened with my P Chem professor this year. Not to the same extent but here it goes.

P Chem at my school is supposed to be ridiculously hard, but the year I took it we had probably an early 30 something professor in law school take over cause the normal professor was on maternity leave. Pretty sure he was a stoner previously. Might actually still be. Anyway, everyone in the classed friended him and one night we ran into him when we were walking to a different bar in Fells Point in Baltimore. He lives around there so we always wondered if we would run into him. A bunch of us got a picture with him and then later that year we invited him to our senior bar crawl. He totally came out and bought us all drinks and hung out with us for the night. Don't know how his wife was alright with all of this.

My sponsor instructed me not to share in this thread, but I just needed to stop by and say how great it is. Keep 'em comin' bartender. :whistle:

Rattle rattle here come the cattle. Phi MOOOOOOO

Easy sleazy STDZ

Chi Ho Chi HO
It's off to bed we go

Sexual
Assault
Expected
( for SAE)

Rattle rattle here come the cattle. Phi MOOOOOOO

Easy sleazy STDZ

Chi Ho Chi HO
It's off to bed we go

Sexual
Assault
Expected
( for SAE)
I was a Phi Mu :( we used to say that all the time, especially at lunch time lol

Chi Ho Chi HO
It's off to bed we go

At my school, this continued with :

With Lambda Chi's
Between their thighs
Chi Ho
Chi Ho Chi Ho Chi Ho...

But that's the only one I heard. A large population of students were involved in Greek life but the competitiveness didn't normally turn into little sayings that mocked the house, at least not in a way that was visible to outsiders.

I'd just like to comment on how you guys are feeding into the generalizations:
Drunk SDN morphed into greek SDN. Coincidence? I think not;)

At my school, this continued with :

With Lambda Chi's
Between their thighs
Chi Ho
Chi Ho Chi Ho Chi Ho...

But that's the only one I heard. A large population of students were involved in Greek life but the competitiveness didn't normally turn into little sayings that mocked the house, at least not in a way that was visible to outsiders.

I'll add another verse (my mom was a Chi-O so I like to sing this song to her)

With an SAE
Between each knee
Chi Ho
Chi Ho Chi Ho Chi Ho

We're sisters Lissarae!!!!!

Winter is coming.

Wow, small world! What chapter were you in? I was Epsilon Nu at Oklahoma State.