The WWatering Hole Bar Grand Opening - Game Thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

​
ETA: FWIW Trilt and I had discussed mod-killing LOtF if she hadn't shown up by next morning, but you guys took that joy away from me :yeahright:]

So basically, yet ANOTHER game f'd up by someone signing up and then not playing.

When are we gonna get serious and start saying "thx, but yer done. no more games for ... oh ... 6 months."

Ugh. Super big pet peeve. So disrespectful to everyone else.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fair enough. Although I think LIS always says something about villagers being less afraid to stick a stake in the sand and end up wrong compared to a wolf.

Just a generalization. But wolves <tend> to be concerned about having to defend their vote, or at least having to defend their reads. Villagers can just play it straight, so they are usually more willing to attack and/or be committed to a read.

Definitely not true in all cases for all players.
 
OMG.

NOW you people wanted to lynch Ceke? I've been pushing it all game and NOW there are people who would have?

I'm gonna die here.
Wait but can you imagine how you would have felt if she had been lynched on the one day you weren't voting for her? 🤣
 
I was reading DVMD's posts as I thought I was. I too am *mostly* agreeing with reads, as I am with you. Which is making me paranoid.

I could lynch BBC or 3m because I don't know them, and I'm relying on trusting how village you are to make my choice, which is how I lost last game. I get it, let's not bring up last game. The point is, it's come up that when you don't know how to read someone, you have to decide who you trust, and rely on their read. That can backfire spectacularly, you have to question it. When you're newer like me, the tendency to lean on veterans is huge, they are the ones you can rely on most, which makes them dangerous too.

I'm hoping someone can talk me into you guys being village, or why BBC or 3m are good lynches.

Yes, you have to decide who you trust, including myself and every other player in this game. I have to at some point lean some players more village and decide that I am ok with that. Is it possible that I am wrong? Of course. But you have to just decide to go along with it because, if you don't you end up splashing around floundering in a sea of paranoia and you can't move forward with finding wolves.... and floundering doesn't help.

So what happens if you were wrong with a player that you placed as "more village"... they might win... the point is, if they get there on your list you kind of become "ok" with that player winning if they do... because they played well enough to hang out in that "more village" list...

Does it suck? Of course. But then you have a game in which you can re-evaluate their game play for the next game.
 
I was only partnered with Kam. I never sent her a word and vice versa.

But that's how I play, not a PM heavy person.

The mechanics are definitely toward PM'ing. I think it's useful to talk about it on the open thread. I don't believe in outing info like has happened (I appreciated Rabbott's vague but true reads where he said I could be reached out to and trusted, for all my yak).

I see LIS' point about how the he said/she said can really hurt village, but I also see a point to putting stuff out there and actually letting the village decide what is sketch.

I've used PM ability to out wolves more times than not. A few innocent villagers have been bussed for being absent from PM this way, true.

I've PM'd with Ceke, LIS, finn (now dead), and skiotter, and besides the intel Ceke shared on thread, no one had intel. Everyone was responsive and took part in PM'ing, and no one stuck out for not coming off as they usually do.

I haven't reached out to britzen, I take that as my bad since I usually make a point of attempting to use PM's and initiating.

*hopes this encourages more data points from PMs into the thread in a constructive way
 
The mechanics are definitely toward PM'ing. I think it's useful to talk about it on the open thread. I don't believe in outing info like has happened (I appreciated Rabbott's vague but true reads where he said I could be reached out to and trusted, for all my yak).

I see LIS' point about how the he said/she said can really hurt village, but I also see a point to putting stuff out there and actually letting the village decide what is sketch.

I've used PM ability to out wolves more times than not. A few innocent villagers have been bussed for being absent from PM this way, true.

I've PM'd with Ceke, LIS, finn (now dead), and skiotter, and besides the intel Ceke shared on thread, no one had intel. Everyone was responsive and took part in PM'ing, and no one stuck out for not coming off as they usually do.

I haven't reached out to britzen, I take that as my bad since I usually make a point of attempting to use PM's and initiating.

*hopes this encourages more data points from PMs into the thread in a constructive way

I've been burned too much by he said/she said in PM's and every single time as a villager. I don't PM often. You won't change my mind. I used to be a heavy PM player and caught a few good number of wolves by backing them in a corner in PM, but after being burned as a villager too many times, I won't PM unless absolutely necessary (to reveal info as a seer/tracker/other) or unless it is a player I am comfortable with... like LIS, dyachei, WZ... people I can easily avoid a he said/she said scenario with.

I also avoid PMing with certain people depending on the game... like STL or DocE... because you can get caught up in a bunch of unnecessary BS with them. As proven in this game.
 
Similar feels to DVMD. Of course the people who I do continue to PM with despite my general dislike for behind the scenes stuff are the ones who have burned me the most :thinking:

What do we think odds of conversion are by this point?

I'm probably voting LIS for tomorrow pending rereads.
Shrugs. I really think Pip's info pointed towards snowy being the convert option in the game. At any rate I'm not going to go convert hunting when we've probably got two originals left.
 
What do we think odds of conversion are by this point?

I'm probably voting LIS for tomorrow pending rereads.

He's a good choice for being so good at being a villager.
PBC for being a rez - the village gets very WIFOM over whether or not wolves would do it
Skiotter for outting as Innocent Child

Those are "obvious" choices. So maybe they're not. I could make a case for every player including myself. I agree with WZ that just trying to find wolves is likely enough here.

Are you trying to confuse the village???
 
Similar feels to DVMD. Of course the people who I do continue to PM with despite my general dislike for behind the scenes stuff are the ones who have burned me the most :thinking:


Shrugs. I really think Pip's info pointed towards snowy being the convert option in the game. At any rate I'm not going to go convert hunting when we've probably got two originals left.

I forgot who it was that had that info. I do want to revisit it at some point to be sure we aren't missing anything. Not necessarily tomorrow but at some point.
 
He's a good choice for being so good at being a villager.
PBC for being a rez - the village gets very WIFOM over whether or not wolves would do it
Skiotter for outting as Innocent Child

Those are "obvious" choices. So maybe they're not. I could make a case for every player including myself. I agree with WZ that just trying to find wolves is likely enough here.

Are you trying to confuse the village???
No I'm not, I am just privy to some information on confirmed villagers and don't want to burn myself by trusting that info too much.
 
I forgot who it was that had that info. I do want to revisit it at some point to be sure we aren't missing anything. Not necessarily tomorrow but at some point.
Yeah it was a little confusing because of the nature of Pip's results so not a bad idea to look over it again, but I think the part about there being only one conversion possibility was more clear than the number of wolves portion. And that info plus snowy and Finn's roles is what makes me think we don't have a convert.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I forgot who it was that had that info. I do want to revisit it at some point to be sure we aren't missing anything. Not necessarily tomorrow but at some point.

Since they're dead, I'll answer. I believe it was Pippy who had an ability to ask about factions and conversions. I know that Snowy was a neutral that could convert. I don't know what that means for other conversions. But if I was looking I would search Pippy's posts
 
Since they're dead, I'll answer. I believe it was Pippy who had an ability to ask about factions and conversions. I know that Snowy was a neutral that could convert. I don't know what that means for other conversions. But if I was looking I would search Pippy's posts

Yeah, that's the person that was in WZ's post who I quoted. I just want to revisit all that info from pip at some point, that's all I was saying. Don't want to right this second.
 
From what I remember, Pippy's info said there was one chance for conversion.

Snowy's role said something about neutral until converted. That could also account for converting anyone but happening to choose her. Hence why I was wondering if anyone else suspected conversion. There haven't been any no-kill nights, so I assume not, but the paranoia is kicking in. :laugh:
 
OMG.

NOW you people wanted to lynch Ceke? I've been pushing it all game and NOW there are people who would have?

I'm gonna die here.

I feel like I should explain why I'm coming around on Ceke, despite defending her this whole game.

I don't like to lynch someone when they sound like village self, especially when I have reasons that I suspect others more, as I have this game. For one, now I can't sort the veterans who seem village vs ppl new to me.

And it sucks I say this now because she can't mount a good defense being on the road.

As she said, she takes being a villager very seriously. I never saw her wolf. Her mention of RP gaming is actually relevant here - she plays in character, and I suspect she's quite good at playing whatever role she's given.

I wouldn't see her talking about her meds or her feelings or her whereabouts if it weren't 100% true. She's not going to try to fake mod-ban herself or anything like that.

But if her role is to play a wolf playing a villager - then she's going to sound like mad sketchballs invested villager Ceke. The changes in her tone are likely just life and feelings. So all around I question being able to trust anything Ceke says to tell me wolf or village.

However - I really didn't like how she outed my vanillager status (I gave her reasons why that is the case), the "vanillager fakes ability to be wolf bait" plot that at that point wasn't totally off the table, when she told me she wouldn't do either of those things. Maybe this has become too personal, but why would she betray me like that? This is relevant as we discuss the concept of PM betrayals.

At the same time, I didn't want to risk I was emotional voting over that, and like I said, higher suspicion elsewhere. But I'm getting less and less comfotable with her alive and voting elsewhere - but not for sounding like Ceke.

So I'm backed into a corner on who to vote. I'm questioning everyone I've trusted. I'm questioning all the votes besides Ceke because I'm worried I'm playing into someone's hands. I'm worried the Ceke vote is a wolf easy lynch. But the egg needs cracked, for me, right now. She's pulled some moves that made me question her motives. Since LIS has championed her lynch, what she flips may give me data on LIS, and therefore WZ and DVMD and the rest.
 
I didn't add that I voted Ceke today because I didn't want to see LotF lynched instead, and I was afraid of voting with the others voting for her.

contingency lynch Ceke

I'm *likely* signing off until late tomorrow but you never know

I may waffle off if a good case is made elsewhere

thanks for the patience with the novellas today guys! 🙂
 
Interesting choice, given all of the options and raf's support for me.

Hmm. Just keep getting sketchier.
By that logic Kam was suspicious of you and is now dead.

I'm not really feeling Ceke or Cray (If I had to choose one I would probably place more money on Cray being village). WZ at this point is reading high village to me, LoTF and Raf are now dead, DVMD is kinda mixed bag as well due to just being freaking hard to read.

At this point I don't have many more options. :shrug:
 
Lynch Ceke too many posts of "go ahead and lynch me if you must" starting to feel like a taunt since she keeps being mentioned and then nothing comes of it.

*waves* hello from Melbourne, got a few secs on the computer here. :hello:

Not a taunt, I'm just happy at this point with how the game has gone for me, and my ability to contribute over the next couple of days is going to be spotty at best, sooo, le shrug.

Yes, I know 'every sperm...er I mean villager is sacred' but come on this lynch has been headed my way for a while now. Might as well get it over with.

Go village! :clap:
 
I feel like I should explain why I'm coming around on Ceke, despite defending her this whole game.

I don't like to lynch someone when they sound like village self, especially when I have reasons that I suspect others more, as I have this game. For one, now I can't sort the veterans who seem village vs ppl new to me.

And it sucks I say this now because she can't mount a good defense being on the road.

As she said, she takes being a villager very seriously. I never saw her wolf. Her mention of RP gaming is actually relevant here - she plays in character, and I suspect she's quite good at playing whatever role she's given.

I wouldn't see her talking about her meds or her feelings or her whereabouts if it weren't 100% true. She's not going to try to fake mod-ban herself or anything like that.

But if her role is to play a wolf playing a villager - then she's going to sound like mad sketchballs invested villager Ceke. The changes in her tone are likely just life and feelings. So all around I question being able to trust anything Ceke says to tell me wolf or village.

However - I really didn't like how she outed my vanillager status (I gave her reasons why that is the case), the "vanillager fakes ability to be wolf bait" plot that at that point wasn't totally off the table, when she told me she wouldn't do either of those things. Maybe this has become too personal, but why would she betray me like that? This is relevant as we discuss the concept of PM betrayals.

At the same time, I didn't want to risk I was emotional voting over that, and like I said, higher suspicion elsewhere. But I'm getting less and less comfotable with her alive and voting elsewhere - but not for sounding like Ceke.

So I'm backed into a corner on who to vote. I'm questioning everyone I've trusted. I'm questioning all the votes besides Ceke because I'm worried I'm playing into someone's hands. I'm worried the Ceke vote is a wolf easy lynch. But the egg needs cracked, for me, right now. She's pulled some moves that made me question her motives. Since LIS has championed her lynch, what she flips may give me data on LIS, and therefore WZ and DVMD and the rest.

We'll talk more when I get back, but I am really sorry I made you feel betrayed with that pm reveal. Totally wasn't my intent, I was trying to give you a vouch and I couldn't do that (I thought at least) by just quoting stuff from PM all vague like because I thought the rules were copy/paste only. Soz. 🙁
 
ljjG7XR.jpg

@Trilt is late, @Trilt is late! She needs a good drink and some resting, relaxing yoga I think.

Opening is SO SOON, and man, the stock sure seems to be suffering recently. What good is a bar with only, eh, 10 drinks? And where'd all the bar games and implements go recently, anyway?

But all that is moot. More tragedy struck overnight. The good die young. (And multiple times, apparently).

Dead is @PrincessButterCup, a Shining Knight who died in the place of their Little Princess.​

It is now Day 8. Lynch closes at 10PM EST.

_ _ __ ___ ____ ______ __________ ______ ____ ___ __ _ _​

​

Roster

(Lonely) Hearts
1. @LetItSnow

Spades

2. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo
9. @Ceke2002

Diamonds
14. @WildZoo
24. @mmmdreamerz

Clubs
22. @britzen
8. @SkiOtter
10. @Crayola227

One is the Loneliest Number
7. @DVMDream

19. @Animal Midwife - Southern Tier Pumking Beer
20. @tartesos - Malibu "Rum"
13. @genny - Jack Daniels Whiskey
16. @Jilary - Strongbow Cider
3. @SnowshoeDog143 - St. George Absinthe
11. @finnickthedog - Water
4. @rabbott1971 - Tanqueray Gin
12. @SummerTheLynx - Angel's Envy Whiskey
23. @PippyPony - Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer
17. @allieh8607 - Jose Cuervo Tequila
6. @Kam325 - Blue Moon Beer
15. @Cyndia - Josh Wine
21. @LadyOtheFarm - Raleigh Rum Company Rum
18. @raf2769 - Guinness Beer
5. @PrincessButterCup - Maker's Mark Whiskey
 
By that logic Kam was suspicious of you and is now dead.

I'm not really feeling Ceke or Cray (If I had to choose one I would probably place more money on Cray being village). WZ at this point is reading high village to me, LoTF and Raf are now dead, DVMD is kinda mixed bag as well due to just being freaking hard to read.

At this point I don't have many more options. :shrug:
Who are your top 3 suspects?
 
Okay. Here's the deal. I'm the ability "thief" (surprise). In reality, every night I've able to choose to aquire someone's ability for the following night. I've cared less about the ability and more about using the ability to basically role seer. (In the interest of full disclosure, I'm also Captain Morgan Rum, if anyone cares).

Before raf died, I knew raf was the protector, so we PMed a lot and she suggested checking out DVMD last night because she's hard to read. [Nice Job @raf2769...sorry you died. It was fun PMing with you!] Honestly, I wasn't expecting to get the results I did...

(Side note: the ability that I acquired the night before last meant that the Shining Knight would die instead of me if I was attacked, so I was a wolf target last night and PBC died instead).

Anyway, DVMD is a wolf. Specifically she's the wolf that has been allowed an extra kill every night if the individual she targeted was a beer. Which explains a lot...WZ saw that pattern already.

I'm sure I'll go to villager heaven tonight, so I'm willing to give info about who else I used my role on, I just didn't want to put that info on the thread without asking what you guys thought first...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay. Here's the deal. I'm the ability "thief" (surprise). In reality, every night I've able to choose to aquire someone's ability for the following night. I've cared less about the ability and more about using the ability to basically role seer. (In the interest of full disclosure, I'm also Captain Morgan Rum, if anyone cares).

Before raf died, I knew raf was the protector, so we PMed a lot and she suggested checking out DVMD last night because she's hard to read. [Nice Job @raf2769...sorry you died. It was fun PMing with you!] Honestly, I wasn't expecting to get the results I did...

(Side note: the ability that I acquired the night before last meant that the Shining Knight would die instead of me if I was attacked, so I was a wolf target last night and PBC died instead).

Anyway, DVMD is a wolf. Specifically she's the wolf that has been allowed an extra kill every night if the individual she targeted was a beer. Which explains a lot...WZ saw that pattern already.

I'm sure I'll go to villager heaven tonight, so I'm willing to give info about who else I used my role on, I just didn't want to put that info on the thread without asking what you guys thought first...
You are either incorrect or lying about wolves targeting you.

PBC and I had a joint role PM thread, and mods clarified that they saw danger heading for me.

PBC was boosted last night and set the same trap I did the other night when I was boosted (if someone attacked me, instead of her dying my attacker would die). Hence why I was baiting an attack last night. For some reason the attacker isn't dead; asked mods for clarification and will update accordingly.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad