The WWatering Hole Bar Grand Opening - Game Thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did allie really track LIS 3 times or whatever it was?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My boost should have only blocked your kills.
Came so close to getting that all wolf action block though...so close ;)

It did only block kills... My PM group got made, allie got some results but it might have been one of the many night we were looking into LIS so they weren't very useful.

It's also what lead us to believe that STL might be a beer, because somebody blocked him or something. The way the mod write up was written basically said he was protected from the kill in a separate way in addition to the night cancel.

It did only block kills... My PM group got made, allie got some results but it might have been one of the many night we were looking into LIS so they weren't very useful.

It's also what lead us to believe that STL might be a beer, because somebody blocked him or something. The way the mod write up was written basically said he was protected from the kill in a separate way in addition to the night cancel.
That's a pretty good reason why the wolf action block would have been OP, since it would have made it obvious the PM group creation was of wolfy origin.

That's a pretty good reason why the wolf action block would have been OP, since it would have made it obvious the PM group creation was of wolfy origin.

yeah... I woulda been toast if they'd allowed it :dead:

the @Crayola227 like machine has started up again.... the moment of truth, if you had been awake, would you have stuck with your vote????

Sigh. As much as it annoys me that Cheezy or MJ may have made a very astute observation, this particular one has panned out more than once.

LOL, the problem is as a villager I too get grumpy for being lynched for the "wrong" reason, namely typical village play. Seeing as I've still never wolfed, that might be fair enough for the village.

the @Crayola227 like machine has started up again.... the moment of truth, if you had been awake, would you have stuck with your vote????

Very hard to say. I think so.

I decided to go with the "facts" not with my "gut." I decided I needed to trust WZ's night cancel and LIS' PMs over my paranoia. In a way, it was my "gut" because I suspected you early on but moved off. So that was how I made my ultimate choice.

Not to argue with a dead lady, especially when I'm dead too, but for realz, this is my play style now that I've figured out how this game works (I spent half of last game suuuuper confused about game mechanics, so I hardly think that's fair to judge what I sound like as a player).

This is literally how I sound ALL THE TIME when making arguments based on whatever evidence I have to support them. The only thing I would have done differently on D1 would have been to say that genny was sketchy af.

Actually, the one thing that convinced me you weren't sketch (until I decided to bit the bullet and trust that my fellow villagers were villagers) was your point that it would be dumb for the wolf pack to have fed you that block of analytic text.

Which I guess was me giving you credit where credit is due for you.

Still, the thing is that wolves are better informed than villagers, so it's not hard to sound as such, even on your own. I think that raised sketch hackles and likely would have no matter your affiliation.

Yeah, no ****.

That one frustrated the hell out of me. I don't look at who likes who. I don't like something because (necessarily) I AGREE with it. I like things for a lot of reasons:

-- I agree with it;
-- It's supporting something I said;
-- It's funny
-- It's really funny
-- It's just plain well-articulated
-- etc. etc. etc.

So @Crayola227 (congrats on winning the game for the village) - don't pull that shiz again. There literally was no connection between DVMD and me.

Hey, I said in a game, I think we were in, that I like things for the same reason, so they aren't a really good gauge of where my head is (is anything??)

I think I need to calibrate how I'm using my noticing of likes, but it isn't all crap. For one, it put DVMD in my sketch pile long before she was on anyone's radar. I also caught that dds was the evil rez in one game where I was Chaos. It wasn't a link I was let in on by the mod, but he kept saying nothing but liking my strategy posts. I mean, who does that??? :p He doesn't tend to like my posts in general, so it was odd.

The only problem was it also put LIS on my radar :(

I think in the future I'll be more careful about the bias. Or I might not bring it to thread if I don't have something better.

And yes, there was no affiliation seer in this game. 3m served as a role seer which was a fairly limited power in this game, as the wolves had less classically sketch abilities (as you well know at this point). Mel did most of the design, truly, but my touch came there; last couple games I've been trying to blur the lines of wolf vs. village roles and make people actually lean on words in thread and *how* the role was used. Village did a good job seeing through these this game. Honestly it was a quite good game for analysis in general!

Thanks for this part!

I hate it when the abilities are used too heavily to "clear" people. It feels too cheap and easy and less paranoid. I think the deeper analysis like you mentioned.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I said in a game, I think we were in, that I like things for the same reason, so they aren't a really good gauge of where my head is (is anything??)

I think I need to calibrate how I'm using my noticing of likes, but it isn't all crap. For one, it put DVMD in my sketch pile long before she was on anyone's radar. I also caught that dds was the evil rez in one game where I was Chaos. It wasn't a link I was let in on by the mod, but he kept saying nothing but liking my strategy posts. I mean, who does that??? :p He doesn't tend to like my posts in general, so it was odd.

I think in the future I'll be more careful about the bias. Or I might not bring it to thread if I don't have something better.

If it makes you feel better, I definitely filtered my likes in this game to prevent anyone from thinking that I was in cahoots with any wolves... So it's not a completely crazy theory.

I'd have liked all those same posts if I were a villager, that's the point we're making.

You idiot savanted, you didn't actually have any reason behind being suspicious of me, you were just lucky.

I'd have liked all those same posts if I were a villager, that's the point we're making.

You idiot savanted, you didn't actually have any reason behind being suspicious of me, you were just lucky.

Nah, we had a whole exchange why I thought so. You sounded "logic lite" and I thought your posts were mostly asking others what they thought.

We don't have to agree, I'm certainly not going to agree I'm an idiot. It's a narrative people like to repeat, maybe because they don't like me, maybe because it's funny, but it's not true.

I take the points I have a lot to learn and communicate more effectively, but I definitely feel like I've contributed more as a villager than just luck and lulz, which is the only reason I've persisted in playing.

Nah, we had a whole exchange why I thought so. You sounded "logic lite" and I thought your posts were mostly asking others what they thought.

We don't have to agree, I'm certainly not going to agree I'm an idiot. It's a narrative people like to repeat, maybe because they don't like me, maybe because it's funny, but it's not true.

I take the points I have a lot to learn and communicate more effectively, but I definitely feel like I've contributed more as a villager than just luck and lulz, which is the only reason I've persisted in playing.

I think you are entirely missing what idiot savant means.... it isn't calling you an idiot.

And I most definitely wasn't logic light, if anything, I was up there in post count and logic with the most verbose players. And that's damn good considering working during that period. My schedule is sporadic, just look at the past 5364854 games in which I was villager. The last game I played with you, I wasn't working so of course there was a difference but had nothing to do with my being a wolf and just with me working. My posting also depends heavily on how invested I am in the game. So, no, you had nothing there. You guessed me right but for the wrong reasons= idiot savant....ask STL if you need to know more.

I reeeeeeeallllllly wanted cray to wake up

While I was exhausted, going back to sleep was a partly strategic choice (lol, the world we live in where going to sleep is a strategy choice) so I wouldn't continue to suffer. Die was cast and all that. Seriously, I made a choice, made my peace, and realize that was as good as it was ever gonna get.

Plus, I figured if only one wolf and you weren't it, it wasn't lylo and I would either die, or someone else would, and if it wasn't WZ or LIS I could just try again. Risky, because with who would have been left it might have been hard for me not to become the lynch target.

I think you are entirely missing what idiot savant means.... it isn't calling you an idiot.

And I most definitely wasn't logic light, if anything, I was up there in post count and logic with the most verbose players. And that's damn good considering working during that period. My schedule is sporadic, just look at the past 5364854 games in which I was villager. The last game I played with you, I wasn't working so of course there was a difference but had nothing to do with my being a wolf and just with me working. My posting also depends heavily on how invested I am in the game. So, no, you had nothing there. You guessed me right but for the wrong reasons= idiot savant....ask STL if you need to know more.

OK, well, I'll take it as a compliment.

I hope you take it as a compliment that I missed you not being a full-time villager this game :)

OK, well, I'll take it as a compliment.

I hope you take it as a compliment that I missed you not being a full-time villager this game :)

We definitely use it more as a compliment around here.... :)

I hope you don't get disappoint in future games because my play style was much more typical this game regardless of my role. :)

:shrug: I mean, it classically is. When I recommended it as a wolf role this game Mel questioned me on it. It has a protective component to it that is basically useless as a wolf ability. We've bastardized that - and apparently people movers recently, too, which I honestly didn't realize - but that doesn't mean it's not usually villa lol.

I feel like this is an argument just like having >1 chaos, haha. We bend things and make up interesting variations on this forum and that's why I love it a lot. If I wanted strict classical WW I'd play elsewhere, yanno?

I play because I like playing with the people on SDN. So I wouldn't want to play elsewhere.

And while crazy mechanics leave me in the dust (lol, this was the first game I could follow any mechanics at all, and it was still a struggle, and this is simpler??), I like Chaos and Neutral. I also love it when the abilities make affiliation still ambiguous.

Since I love playing, I really appreciate it when the mods have something set up one step beyond just Dead Chat for the dead. It's not pure and I can see why the living hate it, but I think it's a great way of continuing to include all the people that bothered to sign up and play hard. It's a social grace. But I came off a game where I was unkillable dead chaos and me and kcougli got the win. That was the most fun I've ever had. Ever. In my whole life.

@Trilt WE OWN A BAR NOW!!!!
and not just ANY BAR
THE FIRST BAR ON SDN!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!
THIS IS A LIE. THE BEAR AND OTTER BAR WAS FIRST. I KNOW HE WONT GET THIS TAG FOR MONTHS BUT IM TAGGING HIM ANYWAYS @Bottle of Bear
@britzen I am very glad you were lynched today because I play to win but go little manatee, you did a good job :love:

That said, I may never forgive you for cruelly taking your manasister away from my PM group immediately then not killing her sooner so we could be dead together. :rage:
THIS IS TRUE. I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU EITHER BLITZEN FOR TAKING ME AWAY FROM MY MANATOR AND THEN LEAVING ME SUFFER FOR MANY NIGHTS

Reactions: 1 users
Good game, all. I have to go. Migraine setting in.
Dude that’s not a migraine, it’s a hangover. You should have stopped after that first drink. ;)
Oh and the dead boosting abilities... which so happened to help the villagers only.
I was pretty proud of the fact that we only boosted villagers. After genny went to extreme measures for us to boost someone (I forget who) I thought we for sure boosted a wolf.

I was pretty proud of the fact that we only boosted villagers. After genny went to extreme measures for us to boost someone (I forget who) I thought we for sure boosted a wolf.

Well, it wasn't 100% village... genny bribed us into boosting a chaos.

Reactions: 3 users
I don't think the dead boosting players was as much of a factor as it could have been. WZ's boost was the only one that really gave any advantage to the villagers, and it wasn't much worse for the wolves than if she had just canceled night. I think I managed to steer villagers away from boosting the protector, and 3M was sketchy enough on her own that no one wanted to boost her either.

this game was really fun to read through, well done everyone, wish i could have signed up but things are pretty crazy for me right now

I agree that DVMD seemed logic lite.

I caught a big red flag when I posted about her lack of participation, and she replied with a statistical breakdown showing she had posted just as much as me. My first thought was "Wow - that's weird - I would have SWORN she hadn't posted much." That should have clued me in that her posts weren't really pushing much one way or the other. It did go through my head - I just didn't pull the trigger.

With the 'Likes' thing - just remember to be honest. You can give yourself credit for DVMD, but you have to give yourself a negative point for me. Too many people only look at when a method succeeds and forget to account for when it failed. Personally, I think the 'Like' thing is a bad way to evaluate people, because my 'Likes' really have no bearing on what I think of someone. I mean, I liked plenty of Ceke posts the whole time I was trying to lynch him/her. But you get to pick your own ways to evaluate people, so... :)

Why did Allie track me 3 times in a row? (Just curious.)

It just didn't work the first two times. Bachelorette party/quarters messed with it the first night, and cyndia redirected the second. No reason to change targets since you were still alive and we still didn't know what you were doing....

Well, it wasn't 100% village... genny bribed us into boosting a chaos.
I actually remembered this after I posted, but it was a chaos acting for the village, so it was almost village-like? I forget, did that boost even get used?

I don't think the dead boosting players was as much of a factor as it could have been. WZ's boost was the only one that really gave any advantage to the villagers, and it wasn't much worse for the wolves than if she had just canceled night. I think I managed to steer villagers away from boosting the protector, and 3M was sketchy enough on her own that no one wanted to boost her either.
I was pretty sketched out by raf without your influence :laugh:. I was dead set on not boosting her (sorry!)

Taking my um...disagreement with @SummerTheLynx as an example
I was definitely angry at him with every fiber of my being, not the first time that's happened, won't be the last. So I wouldn't say it was necessarily an "in character" thing. But it also wasn't strategy or anything...that was how I actually felt. It's just that, I know it's a game, so irl I get over it and move on.

Besides, I get to tell him he was wrong anyway :p
Idk what she is talking about, I am still mad at her and clearly hate her. Grrrr!

Reactions: 2 users
I agree that DVMD seemed logic lite.

I caught a big red flag when I posted about her lack of participation, and she replied with a statistical breakdown showing she had posted just as much as me. My first thought was "Wow - that's weird - I would have SWORN she hadn't posted much." That should have clued me in that her posts weren't really pushing much one way or the other. It did go through my head - I just didn't pull the trigger.

With the 'Likes' thing - just remember to be honest. You can give yourself credit for DVMD, but you have to give yourself a negative point for me. Too many people only look at when a method succeeds and forget to account for when it failed. Personally, I think the 'Like' thing is a bad way to evaluate people, because my 'Likes' really have no bearing on what I think of someone. I mean, I liked plenty of Ceke posts the whole time I was trying to lynch him/her. But you get to pick your own ways to evaluate people, so... :)

Meh, I would've posted the same amount of logic as a villager. That was just me being busy with work and dad in hospital. So by the time I did check in, most things I wanted to post/analyze had already been stated by others. So I repeated those things, asked the normal questions I would have regardless of affiliation. :shrug: Not much I can do about timing but I can now see people using this to lynch me in the future and being very wrong since it is related to busyness and not wolfiness.