To you whacky WVSOM students...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an interview at WVSOM on 12/15 and was just curious what the town is like. Is it pretty, "Mayberryesque"? While not necessarily a bad thing, I'm just curious what it's like living in Lewisburg.

I do see they have a walmart supercenter in Lewisburg, so it can't be all that bad.

Members don't see this ad.

JKDMed said:
Hey guys, I have an interview at WVSOM on 12/15 and was just curious what the town is like. Is it pretty, "Mayberryesque"? While not necessarily a bad thing, I'm just curious what it's like living in Lewisburg.

I do see they have a walmart supercenter in Lewisburg, so it can't be all that bad.

You'll just have to wait and find out... oh the suspense.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lewisburg is very clean and picturesque, like something out of a movie. If you travel down to Roncevert, though, you start hearing banjos, if you know what I mean :scared:

The school is fabulous if you can stand the small town and the outrageous tuition/fees.

The area is remote and beautiful, yet Lewisburg is one strange place. The people there just seem to have a different mentality than what I'm use to (being from the west coast). I've traveled all over the world and I've always felt at home anywhere I've gone, yet in Lewisburg I honestly felt that I just did not "fit" there and I turned down an acceptance there because of that reason. Athough, to counter that, I do know several students that really like it down there. Keep in mind that at WVSOM there is a very strong emphasis on rural care...more than any other school I interviewed at. That could be a positive if that is what you want to go into or a negative if not. Good luck with your trip.