2021-2022 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have not sent in a LOI, the email was labeled "WVSOM Alternative List" which is why I did not get too excited when I saw the "congratulations!" message, but in the email it said I was offered a seat for 2027, however the only instructions were to hold tight to see if I get offered a 2026 spot with the option to stay with 2027 if I so desired. I know during the info session they mentioned there was a chance that they would offer a 2027 seat but they made it seem like it was not a common thing for them to do.

Yea thats really interesting, I just got a regular alternative list email. Thank you for letting me know!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing from me so far. They said the most movement is in May and June.
I have not sent in a LOI, the email was labeled "WVSOM Alternative List" which is why I did not get too excited when I saw the "congratulations!" message, but in the email it said I was offered a seat for 2027, however the only instructions were to hold tight to see if I get offered a 2026 spot with the option to stay with 2027 if I so desired. I know during the info session they mentioned there was a chance that they would offer a 2027 seat but they made it seem like it was not a common thing for them to do.
They also said that they rank those offered a spot in the class of 2027 above those on the regular waitlist so if you have an offer for the class of 2027, it seems like you'll probably hear this month

Reactions: 1 user
Acceptance withdrawn. Hope it goes to one of you. Good luck!

Will be withdrawing, best of luck to anyone that's waiting

Can any current students give insight on housing and average apartment cost? Looking for a 2 bedroom apartment for me and my non-student fiance :). thanks!

Can any current students give insight on housing and average apartment cost? Looking for a 2 bedroom apartment for me and my non-student fiance :). thanks!
Depends on what you're looking for. Plenty of student rent houses which can be anywhere from $800 - $2000 depending on what you get. A few students buy houses. Most rent an apartment which are usually around $900-1400.