2022-2023 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh it's unofficial I was looking for the official one but thank you!
I found the facebook today, but still looking for a group me.
yea thats the one mcat bros made...

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
yea thats the one mcat bros made...
Yea steer away from that person at all costs
I thought it was weird that they were making groups for all schools and basically inserting themselves into that, so I asked them directly why they do it, and they responded saying that they want to facilitate connections between current med students, alumni, and future applicants to specific schools. I still find it a little weird though idk.

I thought it was weird that they were making groups for all schools and basically inserting themselves into that, so I asked them directly why they do it, and they responded saying that they want to facilitate connections between current med students, alumni, and future applicants to specific schools. I still find it a little weird though idk.
Search their name on Reddit

thats not a good reason cuz thats why schools themselves create groups lol and they can connect you to med students. a lot better then mcat bros since he only has people who have used his service etc.

I got y’all:

You're invited to my new group 'WVSOM (possible) Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

We’ve got a good group so far with really nice people

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the article!

I was thinking about that 100%. They said they had 176 matches. So I googled 2019 wvsom sdn to see if I could find this group's entering class numbers. I ended up with the 2019-2020 year. Therefore, this logic may not hold true ... but I'm going to try it ...

On June 25 2020, someone said the entering class size was 218. Let assume that is the typical class size.

Now, read the article: graduating class is 176.

That sounds like about 20 percent didn't make it, or in other words: 80% match.

What do you think? Do 20 percent of med. students drop out of school? That has to be wrong.

Sure wish I knew the real size of the entering class in 2019.
are you from West Virginia? I moved to falling waters last year but not sure if thats considered a 'resident' or not yet..

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if waitlist movement is starting soon or if they are still interviewing?
Looks like they've been pulling off the waitlist for 3 weeks now ... a couple each week. Judging by past years on sdn, it seems like this school waitlists less and takes more from that waitlist than some other school. But it also seems like this school is more desirable than other DO programs which means there may be less movement. Last year, sdn didn't show too much movement. 😥

I'm thinking the odds really just depend on preferences of the first accepted group ... does this school match their values? For example, there is a different DO school which costs less and is ranked higher on US News and World, but I'd choose, this school, hands down, because of their vastly superior "customer service" ... wonderful interviewers, caring staff, and solid reputation. If everyone else is feeling this way too, the movement will be less. So what we need to be hoping for now is that a bunch of MD-wannabes were in the first group of acceptances. If enough of them get pulled into MD programs, this whole waitlist will be pulled into Lewisburg. It appears something like this happened a couple of years ago, based on the SDN network comments. 🤞 🤞🤞 lots of movement! 🤞🤞🤞

Pre-II R. In the email they say they’re done interviewing.

I interviewed late Feb and was waitlisted. I got off the waitlist, but for the class of 2028. Anyone knows if there is a chance I get into 2027? I heard there is not much waitlist movement at wvsom

I interviewed late Feb and was waitlisted. I got off the waitlist, but for the class of 2028. Anyone knows if there is a chance I get into 2027? I heard there is not much waitlist movement at wvsom
I would say you could still see some once the final school selection narrows down so don't give up hope quite yet!

Anyone have the link to the Telegram or Group Me link for accepted students ?

Accepted off the waitlist today!! Does anyone have the link to the Facebook page or a GroupMe?

Accepted off the waitlist today!! Does anyone have the link to the Facebook page or a GroupMe?
Me too! I was accepted for the class of 2028. Today I got the email for the 2023-2024 academic year.

Where are people looking for the mandatory first-aid and CPR training required prior to matriculation? Do hospitals everywhere just offer it?

Where are people looking for the mandatory first-aid and CPR training required prior to matriculation? Do hospitals everywhere just offer it?

In the acceptance email, if you click on one of the links that talks about your next steps there’s a section that talks about it. I think it says they would prefer AHA

Me too! I was accepted for the class of 2028. Today I got the email for the 2023-2024 academic year.

You're invited to my new group 'WVSOM (pretty much official) Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Here ya go! Welcome!

You will only need cpr. First aid is not required. It may be needed to do the BLS level and not heartsaver/heart code.

Is accepting the financial aid award a binding decision? Do you have to do it asap or do you wait to do it until you've got everything figured out? e.g. if I accept the award, but then end up matriculating somewhere else or need to defer for whatever reason, are there any consequences?

Is accepting the financial aid award a binding decision? Do you have to do it asap or do you wait to do it until you've got everything figured out? e.g. if I accept the award, but then end up matriculating somewhere else or need to defer for whatever reason, are there any consequences?
wondering the same thing. would love a response to this

wondering the same thing. would love a response to this
Anyone figure this one out yet?

Giving up my seat for an A at my in state school! Good luck to all of those on the waitlist, just got my call for another school today so there is still time for you to get pulled!

I will be declining my current seat in wvsom after much contemplation , as I will be going to another school.

Last edited:
Got the A this morning but will be attending elsewhere. Best of luck everyone!

Hi, does anybody by any chance have another invite to the groupme? I tried the previous one but I think it expired.