Touro-CA MSMHS 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my acceptance email. Pretty excited, at least I got in somewhere finally. Good luck everyone else!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just got my acceptance email. Pretty excited, at least I got in somewhere finally, and somewhere other than the Middletown MSMHS. Good luck everyone else!
Congratulations! I just got my acceptance too! I got into Midwestern's MABS and that program looks almost identical. I am waitlisted at UCSD's Postbac too. All good things, but I have no idea what to do

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations everyone!! I just got my acceptance today too. I've gotten a few acceptances, but don't know much about California osteopathic schools. Does anyone know which school better between Western University vs Touro California?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations everyone!! I just got my acceptance today too. I've gotten a few acceptances, but don't know much about California osteopathic schools. Does anyone know which school better between Western University vs Touro California?
check their match to see which you like more and consider norcal vs socal. Touro is harder to get into (31 average MCAT vs 28 for COMP, plus TUCOM has heavy in state bias). Good luck choosing!

Last edited:
Congrats everyone! Got my acceptance email yesterday too :)

Congrats guys! Would anyone mind sharing stats they had? I saw the average sGPA on their site but I'm curious.

3.0/3.4/504

Lots of ECs, LORs, and upward trend

Last edited:
3.3/3.2/30

Upward trend as well with solid EC's and several
LOR's

How do you guys think the bump up to 60 seats from 15 will affect the matriculation rate? Would be great if someone could get in contact with admissions about this. But yeah, I was complete on 2/23 and accepted 4/14

Reactions: 2 users
3.4/3.6 lots EC's, strong LOR's, upward trend, and I just took the MCAT today so I didn't have a score.

How do you guys think the bump up to 60 seats from 15 will affect the matriculation rate? Would be great if someone could get in contact with admissions about this. But yeah, I was complete on 2/23 and accepted 4/14

That is a great question, does anybody know?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my acceptance today !
Application Submitted: 4/20/2016

GPA: 3.18c/3.23s -- Upward trend (BS Exercise Science)
I did not take MCAT yet, will take it in June.
Multiple LORs -- Worked for 3 years as an ER Scribe (CEP America); wonderful experience
TONS of experience shadowing Touro-CA COM students; let me know if you have questions about shadowing at Touro :)

**Just joined the FB group ** Same profile image, can't miss me ! :D

Hey all, just got accepted this past week into the program! Very happy and exciting! :) So, I was scouring the SDN forums for some insight, but realized that due to the rather large program change this year it won't be possible to accurately predict how the program will affect all of us as aspiring docs. First worry... the increased class size from 15 to 60. Although its good cause more will get accepted to the MS program, it also means the program may be less personal (teacher to student ratio), more competitive for those "guaranteed" spots into the medical school (15 "guaranteed" spots into last year's class size of 134, vs 60 "guaranteed" spots), and overall, take away from the "sure thing" that the previous students have called the program. Granted it still requires a 3.0 GPA, qualifying MCAT and a good interview, which I'm sure may weed out a percentage of students, I'm wondering if this increase in size will detract from the strong linkage to TUCOM this program has been having (historically 90-100%). Second worry... how hard is it to actually achieve the 3.0 GPA? I've heard horror stories from other students at different programs where there was no curve, and literally 85% of the class didn't have above a 3.0 GPA. I'm sure the difficulty of the program won't change drastically from the proposed changes they outlined in the email from Naisha. Granted the previous classes had 90-100% of their classes matriculating into TUCOM, and that requires a 3.0 GPA, I'm guessing there is no curve at TUCOM-MS? Would be awesome if previous classes can weigh in on this. I'm debating this program from the LECOM MS for this Fall. Not going to lie, CA sounds "hella" better than the snow caps of Lake Erie (no offense to LECOM, kinda sorta). Thanks guys, hope to see you all this fall!

Congrats guys! I'm still hanging out here waiting... But I sent them my final grades from this semester and another recommendation letter this past week so maybe that's why it's taking me longer.. No idea.

I got wait listed guys, ahhh.
Keep your head up. I'll be sure to submit a fast withdrawal should I get accepted elsewhere. If not, keep trying. Did you try Temple? It's a good program that guarantees admission to their med school in 2017...and there is still time to apply.

Hey,
I have the same concerns. I am in the same situation as you are. My friend who was in this program last year told me that it is pretty difficult to maintain 3.0. She had 3.2 in the program and she was still rejected (though, she got into other medical school). IDK what to do.. I'm kind of leaning towards LECOM MS after what she told me.

Hey all, just got accepted this past week into the program! Very happy and exciting! :) So, I was scouring the SDN forums for some insight, but realized that due to the rather large program change this year it won't be possible to accurately predict how the program will affect all of us as aspiring docs. First worry... the increased class size from 15 to 60. Although its good cause more will get accepted to the MS program, it also means the program may be less personal (teacher to student ratio), more competitive for those "guaranteed" spots into the medical school (15 "guaranteed" spots into last year's class size of 134, vs 60 "guaranteed" spots), and overall, take away from the "sure thing" that the previous students have called the program. Granted it still requires a 3.0 GPA, qualifying MCAT and a good interview, which I'm sure may weed out a percentage of students, I'm wondering if this increase in size will detract from the strong linkage to TUCOM this program has been having (historically 90-100%). Second worry... how hard is it to actually achieve the 3.0 GPA? I've heard horror stories from other students at different programs where there was no curve, and literally 85% of the class didn't have above a 3.0 GPA. I'm sure the difficulty of the program won't change drastically from the proposed changes they outlined in the email from Naisha. Granted the previous classes had 90-100% of their classes matriculating into TUCOM, and that requires a 3.0 GPA, I'm guessing there is no curve at TUCOM-MS? Would be awesome if previous classes can weigh in on this. I'm debating this program from the LECOM MS for this Fall. Not going to lie, CA sounds "hella" better than the snow caps of Lake Erie (no offense to LECOM, kinda sorta). Thanks guys, hope to see you all this fall!

Hey,
I have the same concerns. I am in the same situation as you are. My friend who was in this program last year told me that it is pretty difficult to maintain 3.0. She had 3.2 in the program and she was still rejected (though, she got into other medical school). IDK what to do.. I'm kind of leaning towards LECOM MS after what she told me.

Due to the 60 person class size, I'm withdrawing so good luck all!

Hey,
That is really discouraging to hear. Do you know what her mcat score was?

Hey,
Lecom is exactly where I changed my mind to go as well. Basically guaranteed matriculation + half the cost + only 8 months!

That is really discouraging to hear. Do you know what her mcat score was?
I believe her MCAT was 30..this is exactly why I'm so concerned as well and now they increased the class size.. So it'll be even more competitive..I will also go with lecom cuz I really don't think I'll get much out of this program. I'm contacting with more students from this program..I'll keep u all updated as I get more info...good luck u all...

Last edited:
I am waiting for my letters to arrive there so I can submit my app. Now I'm not so sure. (Earlier, I thought this was the Touro-Nevada thread. Still wait listed there btw. Lol.)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I am waiting for my letters to arrive there so I can submit my app. Now I'm not so sure. (Earlier, I thought this was the Touro-Nevada thread. Still wait listed there btw. Lol.)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Yup!! Definitely evaluate all of your choices carefully cuz our ultimate goal is to get into medical/dentistry/pharmacy, etc school and not just get MS. I was in conflict for 2 weeks lol..

Hi guys!

I submitted June 2nd and am still waiting on a reply! Has anyone else heard back after that date/ know how many spots are filled?

I have withdrawn my acceptance - I hope it goes to one of you well-deserving people!

Hi guys!

I submitted June 2nd and am still waiting on a reply! Has anyone else heard back after that date/ know how many spots are filled?
Still waiting as well. Haven't heard back. Did you get a reply?

Still waiting as well. Haven't heard back. Did you get a reply?
I applied June 6th and got put on the waitlist, you guys havent heard anything back at all?

I applied June 6th and got put on the waitlist, you guys havent heard anything back at all?
Yeah haven't heard back anything yet. Did they specify what kind of waitlist or anything like the previous year applicants?

Yeah haven't heard back anything yet. Did they specify what kind of waitlist or anything like the previous year applicants?
No :( they just said we'd hear back by the beginning to middle of july and not to contact the office regarding what ranking you are on the waitlist, have you tried contacting naisha?

No :( they just said we'd hear back by the beginning to middle of july and not to contact the office regarding what ranking you are on the waitlist, have you tried contacting naisha?
I did, and they said I will find out as soon as a decision is made. Also if you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? Did you take your mcats yet?

I did, and they said I will find out as soon as a decision is made. Also if you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? Did you take your mcats yet?
i hope we both get in, im crossing my fingers for you! I feel like its a good thing they havent given you an answer yet, bc it sounds like the're gonna give you a clear yes or no, weightlist stresses me out lol. No MCAT yet, 3.0 sci and 3.3 cumul. wbu?

I haven't hear back either. Someone on this thread said mid-July was the upper end of their admissions timeline. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

I haven't hear back either. Someone on this thread said mid-July was the upper end of their admissions timeline. Does anyone know if this is still the case?
Upper end as in they send most of their decisions out at this point?

I still haven't heard anything, how about you?
Still haven't heard back either! :( They said we would hear back by monday which is tomorrow and orientation is in 2 weeks so I am guessing the class is full?

Still haven't heard back either! :( They said we would hear back by monday which is tomorrow and orientation is in 2 weeks so I am guessing the class is full?
I'm guessing it's full :( I guess we will find out tomorrow

Hey guys! I also have heard absolutely nothing back :( I submitted June 3rd (actually due to system downtime it ended up getting accepted June 6th). I've followed up multiple times and also was promised I'd hear back today (Monday). Still nothing. Has everyone else heard back already? I hope they at least respectfully answer even if I don't make it.

Hey guys! I also have heard absolutely nothing back :( I submitted June 3rd (actually due to system downtime it ended up getting accepted June 6th). I've followed up multiple times and also was promised I'd hear back today (Monday). Still nothing. Has everyone else heard back already? I hope they at least respectfully answer even if I don't make it.
I emailed Naisha and she said she'd be sending out decisions tomorrow morning, so lets all hope for the best