Touro-CA MSMHS 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
nope :( these are the last 3-4 days that we can get a call. SO STRESSED
I know :( I feel the same. I check my phone and email every hour. Do you know if they will call or notify us through email ? Do you know if orientation is mandatory?

I know :( I feel the same. I check my phone and email every hour. Do you know if they will call or notify us through email ? Do you know if orientation is mandatory?
Same! It's supposed to be a call :/ I've heard that it is but I doubt they can make you go if they let you know like the day before, especially for out of state kids

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Same! It's supposed to be a call :/ I've heard that it is but I doubt they can make you go if they let you know like the day before, especially for out of state kids
I'm so nervous :( I hope they call us today.

I'm out of the country so it's literally impossible for them to call me. One less applicant to compete against for you guys lol.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I'm out of the country so it's literally impossible for them to call me. One less applicant to compete against for you guys lol.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
LOL :) even if I get a call by today or tomorrow, I wouldn't have enough time to find a place to live and don't think I would be able to make it on time for the orientation... I am from out of state

I didn't get the call today.... Good luck to all of you who got in and all of you who didn't. Don't give up!
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”– Thomas A. Edison :)

Hey guys, I got taken off the waitlist earlier today and accepted the offer! I was wondering, has anybody set up living or is anyone looking for a roommate still? If so, please message me! Thanks and congrats!

Hey guys, question for anyone who knows things about this program or preferably is in the program currently. Sorry about the lengthy post, I just have kind of a weird scenario going on. Here's my situation. Ohio resident. UGPA: ~3.3 with retakes. Stellar extracurriculars and leadership, won't bore you with the details, we're all over-achievers here. Then I got a Master's in Neuroscience and was going through personal hell during that time, and got a 3.08 GPA in the master's program, mix of A's B's and B-'s in the program with one C+. **(Internal regret intensifies)** I have been studying for the January 19th MCAT for months and only recently learned how to study efficiently for it, and am giving these next few weeks everything I've got in terms of practice exams but am estimating around a 506-509 score on my MCAT just to be safe. I emailed admissions for this program, asking them if it would be too late in the cycle if I wait until late february when I get my MCAT scores back to apply, and she recommended that yes, I wait until I get my MCAT scores back to hit submit on that application, while preparing the rest of the application beforehand. SO, the reason I'm applying to the MSHS program, even though it will put me in further debt, is because Touro is my top choice medical school, and I feel that I won't stack up with my current stats, even though my GPA will go up slightly higher with retakes and I will have the opportunity to retake the MCAT in the spring after taking biochem if it doesn't go amazing the first time. Any thoughts/advice from anyone on how to go about this MSHS application would be so, so, so deeply appreciated, because I seriously want this more than anything. I'm worried that my neuroscience master's GPA will do me over, combined with the fact that I'm an Ohio resident, because they seem to prefer CA residents. Thank you in advance.

Does GPA calculation for the post-bacc (MSHS) application work the same way as the AACOMAS grade recalculation? I retook a bunch of classes which brought my SGPA and CGPA up, and I would like to enter THAT gpa in for the MSHS app.

Does GPA calculation for the post-bacc (MSHS) application work the same way as the AACOMAS grade recalculation? I retook a bunch of classes which brought my SGPA and CGPA up, and I would like to enter THAT gpa in for the MSHS app.
Hey there,
I'm currently in the MSMHS-COM program. If I remember correctly, you need to input ALL of your science grades into the spread sheet for the application, unless you submitted an AACOMAS application to TUCOM this year. If you DID submit an application for this cycle, I believe they go off your AACOMAS grades, but if not, they will use the grades calculated by the spreadsheet, and I'm pretty certain it counts all the science classes you have taken.
As for accepting people who aren't from California, the majority of people are from here, but we do have people in our program from NY, Kansas, and I think a couple of other states.

Let me know if you have any other questions