Touro-CA MSMHS 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My suspicion is they're keeping us all on hold bc some people who have already been acceped havent made their status clear yet, so maybe we'll know more by orientation or a little before?
 
My suspicion is they're keeping us all on hold bc some people who have already been acceped havent made their status clear yet, so maybe we'll know more by orientation or a little before?
Yeah that makes sense. I just wish they would at least let us know somwthing ughh
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed Steve Davis, the director of admissions. He said people will be taken off in the upcoming week and up until the day before orientation. The day before orientation is ridiculous! I'm from out of state haha.
That's way too close! What day is orientation?
 
What did the waitlist update email say? The email I received yesterday just let me know that I am on the waitlist
My WL email just said something like you're on the waitlist and people on the waitlist are then ranked and we'll notify you if you get taken off the WL
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah Naisha said "up until the first day of orientation on the 29th" but then I looked on the website and it says orientation is August 1-2 so I'm confused

I feel like they are a little bit unorganized considering we've had to email for updates. I got an incorrect, outdated wait list email from Jun 6th. Then was resent the correct wait list email..

Getting my letters of rec there was frustrating as well.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
I feel like they are a little bit unorganized considering we've had to email for updates. I got an incorrect, outdated wait list email from Jun 6th. Then was resent the correct wait list email..

Getting my letters of rec there was frustrating as well.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I received the outdated waitlist email as well and was never sent the correct one. No idea what is going on...
 
Does anyone know if people actually get rejected or is everyone just getting put on the waitlist?
I was reading the thread from last year and someone said on there that some people do get rejected... Someone also mentioned that half of their last year's class came from the waitlist. They also received emails like waitlist(1), waitlist (2), waitlist(3)...I guess whoever was on the waitlist(1) had more chances of being taken off of the waitlist. I don't know how they are doing it this year.
 
I was reading the thread from last year and someone said on there that some people do get rejected... Someone also mentioned that half of their last year's class came from the waitlist. They also received emails like waitlist(1), waitlist (2), waitlist(3)...I guess whoever was on the waitlist(1) had more chances of being taken off of the waitlist. I don't know how they are doing it this year.
yeah I saw that, I think this year they just sent out a general waitlist email. I wish they would give us more insight on when we will know by, especially for you because you're out of state!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad