UC Davis c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey 2015ers, is your email list set up yet?

(trust me, you'll know if it is)

YES. It is set up. Been getting things labelled "SPAM" about 20 times a day from the upperclassmen! :)

Edit: I exaggerate...but that's when I figured it was working: when I started getting e-mails from people from other classes....

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone available for an SDN meetup tomorrow night? Open to the type of restaurant. TT will be in town and we need to show her that UCD knows how to have a good time! (right? I mean, we do...sort of...) We'll set the exact time/place over PM's so our freaky internet stalkers don't track us down.

SO - anyone in town and want to get together?

Members don't see this ad :)
We'll set the exact time/place over PM's so our freaky internet stalkers don't track us down.

ninja-disappearing-smiley.gif
Seriously though, TT and heylodeb are awesome and you should totally meet up with them.

Anyone available for an SDN meetup tomorrow night? Open to the type of restaurant. TT will be in town and we need to show her that UCD knows how to have a good time! (right? I mean, we do...sort of...) We'll set the exact time/place over PM's so our freaky internet stalkers don't track us down.

I already know what restaurant we're gonna go to. ;)

Augh! I'm not in town yet! :cry:

I do have a van I've been meaning to pack and drive up one more time before the Real Move... and there's no real reason that COULDN'T be tomorrow. :idea: Hmmmmm... nyanko, wanna enlighten me about the Sooper Sekrit Restaurant?

We'll set the exact time/place over PM's so our freaky internet stalkers don't track us down.

awwww!!! you should have declared the exact time/place right here (in fact, you should have started a whole thread just to shout it to the world for those who never stalk the Davis thread). Like pick a fetish party or something. Then PM to each other the real location.

Darn it, can't believe I missed/am missing TT! :(

Me too! My internet was down for about twelve hours, so even if I could have made it, I couldn't have, if that makes any sense whatsoever. TT, I tip my hat in your general direction and I wish I could have come by and said hello!

Indeed! We shall have oodles of fun among the rarities that can only be found at Ikea! :)

Shopping list currently includes:
Rug
Curtains

We shall see what the end result turns out to be! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
This is so funny, you guys are all friends. Soo cool!!!

I've met a lot of people through this forum and most of are pretty awesome! ;)

And for those who care - I was very self controlled on our Ikea trip. I bought curtains (for the living room AND bedroom), a rug, and a table runner. Deserve a pat on the back. Sometimes I think I could buy that whole place out.

...And for those who care - I was very self controlled on our Ikea trip. I bought curtains (for the living room AND bedroom), a rug, and a table runner. Deserve a pat on the back. Sometimes I think I could buy that whole place out.

:laugh: I was imagining what the haul COULD look like. Desired: curtains and a rug. Obtained: curtains, matching bedspread too cute to pass up, candle holder, 2 end tables, shower curtain, rug that doesn't fit but boy would it look good if it did.

:laugh: I was imagining what the haul COULD look like. Desired: curtains and a rug. Obtained: curtains, matching bedspread too cute to pass up, candle holder, 2 end tables, shower curtain, rug that doesn't fit but boy would it look good if it did.

On that note:

Ikea curtains aren't hemmed. WTF? They give you these handy dandy ironable hemming devices. As if I can iron a straight line?? I might just have REALLY long curtains.

On that note:

Ikea curtains aren't hemmed. WTF? They give you these handy dandy ironable hemming devices. As if I can iron a straight line?? I might just have REALLY long curtains.

Oh man, hand those off to me. Er, after I get unpacked and find the iron. NO PROBLEM. (But the getting unpacked might take some time.)

Anyone here?????? :) I was going to brag that I changed my status from "pre-vet" to "vet student" jsut now - figured it was fair based on the fact this is the last business day before school starts, but I see a bunch of you beat me to it! LOL.

Is anyone up to getting together early afternoon on Saturday. PM if you are interested. I'm going to be in West Sac in the evening with a friend and could totally head to Davis before that.

Anyone here?????? :) I was going to brag that I changed my status from "pre-vet" to "vet student" jsut now - figured it was fair based on the fact this is the last business day before school starts, but I see a bunch of you beat me to it! LOL.

I couldn't resist. I GOT ACCEPTED! I'M GOING TO BE A VET! :soexcited:...okay, four years from now, but still!

Is anyone up to getting together early afternoon on Saturday. PM if you are interested. I'm going to be in West Sac in the evening with a friend and could totally head to Davis before that.

I'm going to the Woodland Tomato Festival tomorrow morning. Hey, don't judge: there is nothing to do in this town! (I live in Woodland.) Not only is there, really truly, a Tomato Festival, it's even the best option out there! So hey, if you like salsa tasting and that sort of thing, come on by.

Gawd I can't wait for classes to start!

Lol u r too funny. I bet we change our tune in about 4 weeks when we are prepping for that first exam. I think I've given up on sleeping the first night before our first day.

Today was my last day to finish up errands and the like. Now I'm spending the afternoon napping with the puppy and catching up on my online social life. And I finished all my library book reading.

Everybody having fun, yet??? :)

I like how this page has been abandoned in the past few days...I guess we don't have energy for 9 hours of lecture, facebook, AND SDN. :laugh:

Not a vet student yet but I was wondering how the new PBL program is going at Davis since I'm applying this year. I think you guys are the first year to have it, right?

Not a vet student yet but I was wondering how the new PBL program is going at Davis since I'm applying this year. I think you guys are the first year to have it, right?

Yep, we're the first year in the new curriculum.

We're still in the "prologue", building some basic foundations for what we're going to learn over the next four years. So far, we have been assigned one "problem" that is not particularly medical in nature. Naturally, there's an adjustment period; there's some frustration at the moment. It will be interesting to see what this is like a few weeks or months down the road!

There are still lectures too. So far, we're talking communications skills and ethics and the like. Right now the mood of the class seems to be "Get us into the anatomy lab already!" :)