-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UC Davis c/o 2018!
Started by brightimpressio
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
😉😉😉😉😳
🙂😉😉😱
I knew the reference and was wondering if anyone else would.. hehe
(troubles with phone and smilies... but thought they were actually pretty fitting)
Oh...it was a quote from Mean Girls...was unrealistically hoping someone else had obsessively watched that movie 10+ times.... *embarassing*![]()
I knew the reference and was wondering if anyone else would.. hehe
(troubles with phone and smilies... but thought they were actually pretty fitting)
It's probably my favorite scene from that movie.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh...it was a quote from Mean Girls...was unrealistically hoping someone else had obsessively watched that movie 10+ times.... *embarassing*![]()
PhatHippo, you are so fetch!
Grool!PhatHippo, you are so fetch!
Two rejections on the same day! What is this, prom???
Sorry to hear that, Vaca 🙁 I do admire your optimism and sense of humor!
Heading to Davis tomorrow for Thursday's interview. It will be a 6 hour drive...aka a girl date with my mom (and my Corgi's coming along for the trip!). Nothing like listening to nonstop Christmas music and eating more In n Out than you'd care to admit.
Heading to Davis tomorrow for Thursday's interview. It will be a 6 hour drive...aka a girl date with my mom (and my Corgi's coming along for the trip!). Nothing like listening to nonstop Christmas music and eating more In n Out than you'd care to admit.
Sorry to hear that, Vaca 🙁 I do admire your optimism and sense of humor!
Heading to Davis tomorrow for Thursday's interview. It will be a 6 hour drive...aka a girl date with my mom (and my Corgi's coming along for the trip!). Nothing like listening to nonstop Christmas music and eating more In n Out than you'd care to admit.
Good luck on your interview!
Ahhh good luck!!Sorry to hear that, Vaca 🙁 I do admire your optimism and sense of humor!
Heading to Davis tomorrow for Thursday's interview. It will be a 6 hour drive...aka a girl date with my mom (and my Corgi's coming along for the trip!). Nothing like listening to nonstop Christmas music and eating more In n Out than you'd care to admit.
It's over, yay! I bombed one of the questions (no joke. I ran out of time for 2 of the questions, I think) but I think the rest of them went fairly decently. I feel much better coming out of this one than the one I did last year.
Good luck to those interviewing the next 4 days!
EDIT
An interesting tidbit...Yasmin said that they offered interviews to the top 14% of OOS residents. No number given on IS residents.
Good luck to those interviewing the next 4 days!
EDIT
An interesting tidbit...Yasmin said that they offered interviews to the top 14% of OOS residents. No number given on IS residents.
Last edited:
So nervous!!! I hope Friday the 13th turns out to be a lucky day! I did get married on a 13... 🙂
I can't believe the interview is over! To those of you who already had it, I hope it went well for you! Good luck to those doing it next week!
Good luck on interviews everyone! I hope to be interviewing here next year 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm dooone! I think I also bombed one of the questions and perhaps didn't do well on a couple of others. BUT. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Last edited:
I think it went well! Had a couple really good ones and a few weak ones but overall I had a lot of fun 🙂How do you think you did? I hope it went well for you! 🙂
Hi guys, could others who got interviews post their stats and whether they are in-state or oos?
Hi I'm oos.
My gre was 159/159
GPA was 4.000/4.000, and I already have a bachelors degree as of may 2013. I had 3 majors and 2 minors.
I have over 3000 hours of experience, about 2000 in small animal hospitals, 800 in biomedical research and 250ish large animal.
Also a few thousand hours of other work and jobs not animal related. I worked full time, for residence life and also teaching around campus.
I had one vet and two research professors as references.
Also took Orgo at a community college and have a w on my transcript. Never have been a vet tech either. They never questioned this during my application process!
Does anyone know if the interview is blind? And also if you get a pen to jot down your thought process before you speak with the interviewer?
What do you mean by blind?
There are 8 stations. Each station has a different reviewer. You can't take anything with you except your name labels (and I guess a water bottle) but there is a pen and pad in each room for your use.
I mean, do the interviewers know your application already or are they 'blind' to it?What do you mean by blind?
There are 8 stations. Each station has a different reviewer. You can't take anything with you except your name labels (and I guess a water bottle) but there is a pen and pad in each room for your use.
I mean, do the interviewers know your application already or are they 'blind' to it?
As far as I know they have no idea who you are or what your application is like. The raters are just there to score you on one particular scenario.
Welp, interviews are over. Time to check my inbox hourly from now until January in case they decide to notify early 😉
Welp, interviews are over. Time to check my inbox hourly from now until January in case they decide to notify early 😉![]()
OMG yes. I started shaking as I was logging on to my portal. It took my heart about 10 min to recover to a normal rate. WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT TO US?!Did anyone else's heart stop when you got the notice of a new message in the Portal today? Don't freak out...it's only a survey. 😛
Did anyone else's heart stop when you got the notice of a new message in the Portal today? Don't freak out...it's only a survey. 😛
It freaked me out too. :/OMG yes. I started shaking as I was logging on to my portal. It took my heart about 10 min to recover to a normal rate. WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT TO US?!
Definitely got my blood pumping a little bit.. 😱
YES. That was cruel and unusual torture.Did anyone else's heart stop when you got the notice of a new message in the Portal today? Don't freak out...it's only a survey. 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, that was so cruel! I can't believe how much I was shaking as I opened it🤣.
Aaaahhhhh! Good luck everyone!!gugoodoll said:Ditto. Last year they sent out decisions January 10th. 8 days!
Do they call any applicants?
No, everything is posted on the portal.
I've heard a rumor that you guys should really be checking your portals this week......
😉
Thanks for letting us know! 😀
Last edited:
I've heard a rumor that you guys should really be checking your portals this week......
😉

Hopefully early in the week? As in tomorrow? :-DI've heard a rumor that you guys should really be checking your portals this week......
😉
I'm starting to get really excited! I just want to know!!!
I can't take it anymore! Today please be the day! Another 12 hr shift where I can barely refrain from checking my phone every 5 minutes. Bring on the emergencies please!I'm starting to get really excited! I just want to know!!!
I have a feeling it'll be Friday the 10th : o )
Last edited:
I have a feeling it'll be Friday the 10th : o )
Me too. Plus the interview survey is due that day... So they're probably waiting until that day.
Friday can't come fast enough. Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i guess since this thread has been pushed to the second page on sdn, that no one has heard anything today? bummer....well I guess Friday for sure you will know! Good luck you guys!!
Emails are out. Waitlisted again. Not a huge surprise. I'm grateful enough to have been accepted elsewhere. Congrats to those who got accepted!
EDIT
Ok, I will say that the perfectionist in me is peeved that I didn't do much better (in terms of MMI ranking) than last year. I would love to be a fly on a wall and watch how a really good MMI'er answers the questions 🙄
And FYI, the final acceptances are made solely based on MMI scores, which are ranked.
EDIT
Ok, I will say that the perfectionist in me is peeved that I didn't do much better (in terms of MMI ranking) than last year. I would love to be a fly on a wall and watch how a really good MMI'er answers the questions 🙄
And FYI, the final acceptances are made solely based on MMI scores, which are ranked.
Last edited:
Emails are out. Waitlisted again. Not a huge surprise. Congrats to those who got accepted!
Any idea if we can find out where we are on the waitlist?
Any idea if we can find out where we are on the waitlist?
It should show up when you log in to your portal.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 324
- Views
- 111K