UCONN vs. EVMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soseono25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I was accepted to UCONN and was very excited. I loved UCONN because of its systems-based curriculum, its pass/fail grading, its opportunity for in-state tuition and it's closer to home (Boston).

I just recently received an interview invite from EVMS. I was wondering if anyone could comment on EVMS and if it may be a better choice than UCONN? I am trying to decide if I should attend the interview since I have spent quite a bit on interviews and missed many days of work.

I would really appreciate some input!

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
EVMS OOS tuition is literally twice UConn's in-state. Given that you're happy about the possibility of attending UConn, it seems very reasonable to decline the interview at EVMS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is UCONN seen as a good program compared to others?

I have the same issue!!! I'm though OOS for UCONN and EVMS...which way to go???

I have the same issue!!! I'm though OOS for UCONN and EVMS...which way to go???
You can get IS tuition at UCONN after a year. Pick that unless family is near EVMS, perhaps.

I'm in-state at UConn and declined my EVMS interview, along with a bunch of others. For me, I'm not choosing anything over UConn unless it's a top school that has equal or less debt on average compared to UConn.