2020-2021 Eastern Virginia (EVMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm assuming the bulk of WL movement will happen on/after May 1st correct?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
WL, Middle 1/3. IS. Anecdotally, has anyone heard of someone in this position getting in? I fear the chances are slim:/

WL, Middle 1/3. IS. Anecdotally, has anyone heard of someone in this position getting in? I fear the chances are slim:/
Yes it’s possible. You gotta throw everything you got tho, letter of intent etc

Reactions: 2 users
Middle tier WL, OOS. What are the odds compared to OOS in the top tier?

Middle tier WL, OOS. What are the odds compared to OOS in the top tier?
Less. No one knows your odds. At this point send in a letter of interest, and say a prayer to the adcom gods :) I’m rooting for you!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone been able to inquire as to matching need-based aid/aid in general from other schools in their financial aid package? Particularly IS students. Please feel free to PM me with your response.

Thank you for your diligence. Would you mind pm'ing me?
I'd prefer to answer questions in the public forum, although I don't have any top secret intel, so I'm not sure what I could help with. Can say that I liked the school, but got a better offer elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
To any current or former students at EVMS, how much time is taken up by mandatory events/lectures/etc.? What is the lecture attendance policy like? Do most students have enough time to get involved in research/community service/etc. during the academic year?
Most lectures are non-mandatory and either live (recorded) or pre-recorded. There are professionalism points that are kept track of and if you don't attend/are overtly late to a session unexcused it counts against professionalism. You DO have time for community involvement and this is very encouraged, EVMS expects its students to be community engaged.

Just withdrew my acceptance. I think this program is amazing and hope my spot goes to one of you!! Good luck!!!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Just gave up my spot. It was hard to give this one up, but I don't think I am ready to move to the opposite coast just yet. Good luck to those waiting for that A!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just got accepted this evening! Top 1/3 OOS with ties to the state!! ORM and female LM 70.

Reactions: 6 users
Hoping that means the Waitlist movement in May has begun, and there will be more acceptances to come, but I'm also ready to be disappointed.

Yes! I was middle 1/3 and IS and I am a current student at EVMS. It’s definitely not the “easiest” spot to be in but its possible!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist. Middle 2/3 in state

Reactions: 8 users
Can some explain how the waitlist at EVMS works? How does someone who was on the middle tier IS waitlist get off before someone on the top tier IS waitlist?

• Hmm
Accepted of the waitlist just now! Top 1/3, OOS - super excited for my first MD acceptance!

Reactions: 12 users
I just made an account so I could contribute to the WL movement reporting.

I just got accepted off the WL by email about 30 minutes ago! OOS, top-third, interviewed in Dec. and WL'd six or so weeks later. First A out of 6 WL, so also beyond excited! I've been lurking here all year but happy to finally join the discussion.

Reactions: 11 users
Congrats to those accepted. For oos students did you send a letter of intent/update letter?

Tough decision for me but i’m withdrawing my acceptance (In-state applicant)
Ughh I’m in the same boat and have to decide in a day or so. If you don’t mind me asking, what made you decide to withdraw your acceptance?

Any other top 1/3 OOS WLers losing hope as the days go by?

Reactions: 5 users
I think I have already accepted that I will be reapplying even though I am an OOS top-tier applicant. At this point, I would be more interested to know if you can receive feedback from EVMS so that when I reapply, I know how to put a better foot forward.

Edit: I hope I'm proved wrong but this cycle has taught me not to get my hopes up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Any other top 1/3 OOS WLers losing hope as the days go by?
Last year the vast majority of waitlist acceptances occurred May 4th so keep your fingers crossed for another wave of acceptances! (Not gonna lie though... I'm in denial that I may need to reapply despite having 4 waitlists lol)

Last year the vast majority of waitlist acceptances occurred May 4th so keep your fingers crossed for another wave of acceptances! (Not gonna lie though... I'm in denial that I may need to reapply despite having 4 waitlists lol)
dont-give-me-hope-meme-3-768x409.jpg

but that's because May 4th was Monday last year

Currently top tier OOS WL at EVMS. I have no idea how the EVMS WL typically moves but I would like to leave a general comment. I received an A in March and then received a second A off a WL on 4/30; I have been given 2 weeks to decide to PTE at one or the other. If other schools operate like this, and I really bet they do, you can expect waves off acceptances off the WL as people make their final decisions. Once I give up my spot at one school or the other within the next two weeks, I know I will make someone's day. Hope this is reassuring, though I still recommend preparing a reapp.

As someone on the top 1/3 WL anxiously checking my email every 10 minutes

1620076359686.png

Please god, this is my top choice school

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Accept today off the waitlist was top Tier! Interviewed 1/20

I am not even in yet but has anyone had any luck with finding cool apparel yet?

I was waitlisted last year, OOS top tier. Same thing happened again this year. Hoping for better luck this time around :)

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Is it likely movement has concluded, based on the previous years? I'd rather accept the R now than continue waiting for weeks on end...

Is it likely movement has concluded, based on the previous years? I'd rather accept the R now than continue waiting for weeks on end...
I hope not but Im getting nervous. Not nearly as many reported A's as compared to last year's thread it seems. Maybe with a lot of people holding no initial A's and multiple W's, its just going to be a longer, more drawn out cascade of A's off the waitlist as acceptance offers and withdrawals get shuffled around

I hope not but Im getting nervous. Not nearly as many reported A's as compared to last year's thread it seems. Maybe with a lot of people holding no initial A's and multiple W's, its just going to be a longer, more drawn out cascade of A's off the waitlist as acceptance offers and withdrawals get shuffled around
Tough times, my friend, tough times

Tough times, my friend, tough times
Still wishing the best for us all! We're still less than a week into May and we know EVMS likes to match demographics so it's not as simple as pulling the next person off the waitlist. Idk how they meet and make decisions obviously but just trying to consider some things that might delay the W->A decision process. Unfortunately, doesn't save some of us the time and effort of reapps at this point in the cycle 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users