You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Eastern Virginia (EVMS)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WL,Top-Tier,IS,male ORM
Interviewed 3/24
Interviewed 3/24
OntheRightPath
Full Member
Withdrew my acceptance, hope it goes to one of you!
Good luck!
Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes it’s possible. You gotta throw everything you got tho, letter of intent etcWL, Middle 1/3. IS. Anecdotally, has anyone heard of someone in this position getting in? I fear the chances are slim:/
Less. No one knows your odds. At this point send in a letter of interest, and say a prayer to the adcom gods 🙂 I’m rooting for you!Middle tier WL, OOS. What are the odds compared to OOS in the top tier?
Has anyone been able to inquire as to matching need-based aid/aid in general from other schools in their financial aid package? Particularly IS students. Please feel free to PM me with your response.
Just withdrew my A. Good luck IS waitlisters
Thank you for your diligence. Would you mind pm'ing me?Just withdrew my A. Good luck IS waitlisters
Studytrain
Full Member
+1Thank you for your diligence. Would you mind pm'ing me?
I'd prefer to answer questions in the public forum, although I don't have any top secret intel, so I'm not sure what I could help with. Can say that I liked the school, but got a better offer elsewhere.Thank you for your diligence. Would you mind pm'ing me?
flightless_bird
Full Member
Just got my finaid package via email
Same. Although I got confirmation that I withdrew the A smh.Just got my finaid package via email
Most lectures are non-mandatory and either live (recorded) or pre-recorded. There are professionalism points that are kept track of and if you don't attend/are overtly late to a session unexcused it counts against professionalism. You DO have time for community involvement and this is very encouraged, EVMS expects its students to be community engaged.To any current or former students at EVMS, how much time is taken up by mandatory events/lectures/etc.? What is the lecture attendance policy like? Do most students have enough time to get involved in research/community service/etc. during the academic year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just withdrew my acceptance. I think this program is amazing and hope my spot goes to one of you!! Good luck!!!
Just gave up my spot. It was hard to give this one up, but I don't think I am ready to move to the opposite coast just yet. Good luck to those waiting for that A!
Congratulations!Just got accepted this evening! Top 1/3 OOS with ties to the state!! ORM and female LM 70.
Studytrain
Full Member
Congrats! What time did you get the call?Just got accepted this evening! Top 1/3 OOS with ties to the state!! ORM and female LM 70.
Congratulations!
Thanks!! This is my first MD acceptance so I’m over the moon!
Congrats! What time did you get the call?
Thank you! No call, just an email at 4:30 PM.
Hello_There_117
Full Member
Hoping that means the Waitlist movement in May has begun, and there will be more acceptances to come, but I'm also ready to be disappointed.
Yes! I was middle 1/3 and IS and I am a current student at EVMS. It’s definitely not the “easiest” spot to be in but its possible!WL, Middle 1/3. IS. Anecdotally, has anyone heard of someone in this position getting in? I fear the chances are slim:/
Congrats! if u don’t mind me asking are u a Hampton road resident?Just got accepted off the waitlist. Middle 2/3 in state
D
deleted1022025
Can some explain how the waitlist at EVMS works? How does someone who was on the middle tier IS waitlist get off before someone on the top tier IS waitlist?
Thank you and no. Richmond , VaCongrats! if u don’t mind me asking are u a Hampton road resident?
TheGoodGuyMD
New Member
I just made an account so I could contribute to the WL movement reporting.
I just got accepted off the WL by email about 30 minutes ago! OOS, top-third, interviewed in Dec. and WL'd six or so weeks later. First A out of 6 WL, so also beyond excited! I've been lurking here all year but happy to finally join the discussion.
I just got accepted off the WL by email about 30 minutes ago! OOS, top-third, interviewed in Dec. and WL'd six or so weeks later. First A out of 6 WL, so also beyond excited! I've been lurking here all year but happy to finally join the discussion.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to those accepted. For oos students did you send a letter of intent/update letter?
Doctor_Dude_Man_Guy
Full Member
Tough decision for me but i’m withdrawing my acceptance (In-state applicant)
Ughh I’m in the same boat and have to decide in a day or so. If you don’t mind me asking, what made you decide to withdraw your acceptance?Tough decision for me but i’m withdrawing my acceptance (In-state applicant)
Any other top 1/3 OOS WLers losing hope as the days go by?
Hello_There_117
Full Member
I think I have already accepted that I will be reapplying even though I am an OOS top-tier applicant. At this point, I would be more interested to know if you can receive feedback from EVMS so that when I reapply, I know how to put a better foot forward.
Edit: I hope I'm proved wrong but this cycle has taught me not to get my hopes up.
Edit: I hope I'm proved wrong but this cycle has taught me not to get my hopes up.
Last edited:
Last year the vast majority of waitlist acceptances occurred May 4th so keep your fingers crossed for another wave of acceptances! (Not gonna lie though... I'm in denial that I may need to reapply despite having 4 waitlists lol)Any other top 1/3 OOS WLers losing hope as the days go by?
Last year the vast majority of waitlist acceptances occurred May 4th so keep your fingers crossed for another wave of acceptances! (Not gonna lie though... I'm in denial that I may need to reapply despite having 4 waitlists lol)
but that's because May 4th was Monday last yearLast year the vast majority of waitlist acceptances occurred May 4th so keep your fingers crossed for another wave of acceptances! (Not gonna lie though... I'm in denial that I may need to reapply despite having 4 waitlists lol)
codestroke
Full Member
Currently top tier OOS WL at EVMS. I have no idea how the EVMS WL typically moves but I would like to leave a general comment. I received an A in March and then received a second A off a WL on 4/30; I have been given 2 weeks to decide to PTE at one or the other. If other schools operate like this, and I really bet they do, you can expect waves off acceptances off the WL as people make their final decisions. Once I give up my spot at one school or the other within the next two weeks, I know I will make someone's day. Hope this is reassuring, though I still recommend preparing a reapp.
As someone on the top 1/3 WL anxiously checking my email every 10 minutes
Please god, this is my top choice school
Please god, this is my top choice school
And just like that, all of my excitement for tomorrow died off. Hahaha.but that's because May 4th was Monday last year
Studytrain
Full Member
I am not even in yet but has anyone had any luck with finding cool apparel yet?
Are you IS or OOS?Accept today off the waitlist was top Tier! Interviewed 1/20
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
eastend96
New Member
ISAre you IS or OOS?
I hope not but Im getting nervous. Not nearly as many reported A's as compared to last year's thread it seems. Maybe with a lot of people holding no initial A's and multiple W's, its just going to be a longer, more drawn out cascade of A's off the waitlist as acceptance offers and withdrawals get shuffled aroundIs it likely movement has concluded, based on the previous years? I'd rather accept the R now than continue waiting for weeks on end...
Tough times, my friend, tough timesI hope not but Im getting nervous. Not nearly as many reported A's as compared to last year's thread it seems. Maybe with a lot of people holding no initial A's and multiple W's, its just going to be a longer, more drawn out cascade of A's off the waitlist as acceptance offers and withdrawals get shuffled around
Still wishing the best for us all! We're still less than a week into May and we know EVMS likes to match demographics so it's not as simple as pulling the next person off the waitlist. Idk how they meet and make decisions obviously but just trying to consider some things that might delay the W->A decision process. Unfortunately, doesn't save some of us the time and effort of reapps at this point in the cycle 😞Tough times, my friend, tough times