2020-2021 Eastern Virginia (EVMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the commit to enroll date tomorrow? MSAR changed their dates to match the 2022 application cycle, but just curious if we could be seeing the last wave of movement on waitlists this week. Best of luck to everyone still in the running, hang in there!

Members don't see this ad.

Is the commit to enroll date tomorrow? MSAR changed their dates to match the 2022 application cycle, but just curious if we could be seeing the last wave of movement on waitlists this week. Best of luck to everyone still in the running, hang in there!
CTE is 7/18/2021

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear anything? Can you feel me clinging on to hope? 😂
Update : called and they said to reapply cuz there has been no movement. Hopes crushed.

Last edited:
  • Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I got in off the waitlist like a week ago. I am scrambling to get everything together. Does anyone know if there are any apartments where a lot of medical students live because I am still looking for a place to live? Also, is it normal to live alone in your first year? I was assuming it is because most people do not know anyone in their med school class and it seems like it would be hard to find a roommate.

Hi, I got in off the waitlist like a week ago. I am scrambling to get everything together. Does anyone know if there are any apartments where a lot of medical students live because I am still looking for a place to live? Also, is it normal to live alone in your first year? I was assuming it is because most people do not know anyone in their med school class and it seems like it would be hard to find a roommate.
For some reason all of the apartment complexes are packed right now so finding availability is gonna be pretty tough. But you can try The Point on 38th, its a new apartment complex, but it might be a bit pricey.

Is EVMS able to offer feedback on previous applications to the school? I am reapplying for the 2022 cycle but haven't found anywhere on their website that speaks to whether they offer feedback on applications and interviews from previous cycles. Was hoping to contact Admissions prior to sending in my secondary application about this but just want to be sure it is permitted.

Hey everyone,
I'm looking for advice as a current graduate student and applicant. My 1-year MPH program is set to end in August next year and EVMS just told me that my degree conferral and program needs to be complete by 8/1/2022 (since EVMS classes start on 8/4/2022). If not, I am not considered for admission for this cycle. Has anyone run into this or a similar issue and do you have any advice on how to go about it? I really like this school and am super bummed to think that I won't be considered this cycle just for a technicality.

Hey everyone,
I'm looking for advice as a current graduate student and applicant. My 1-year MPH program is set to end in August next year and EVMS just told me that my degree conferral and program needs to be complete by 8/1/2022 (since EVMS classes start on 8/4/2022). If not, I am not considered for admission for this cycle. Has anyone run into this or a similar issue and do you have any advice on how to go about it? I really like this school and am super bummed to think that I won't be considered this cycle just for a technicality.
Hello this thread is from last year, and has been put to rest.