2020-2021 Eastern Virginia (EVMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any of the accepted students managed to get access to the financial aid system? It keeps giving me code IA
Same here, assuming you already added your ssn to the PURL page. I emailed and they said the system was being updated and to try next week

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t know about the other person, but this was the hardest for me as well. It was the least conversational, the interviewers were the least friendly, I was asked what were in my opinion the hardest ethical questions, etc. easily my least favorite interview to the point where if I wasn’t interested in the school for personal reasons, I would have been turned off.
+1

Have any of the accepted students managed to get access to the financial aid system? It keeps giving me code IA
It initially wouldn't let me in, but about 2 weeks after giving SSN, it allowed me to enter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who was invited for an interview recently received any email confirmation for their date? a Zoom link or schedule for the information session?

A little late but got the A on Wednesday!! I interviewed last year and absolutely loved it, so I was super bummed when I got put in the middle third of the waitlist and eventually had to start a new cycle. I still can't believe I was actually accepted!!! I interviewed 1/20 and definitely felt like it was my hardest interview, and I babbled a bit at the start.

Fingers crossed for everyone!! I hope I get to see you on campus!;)
what time of day did they call you?

Has anyone who was invited for an interview recently received any email confirmation for their date? a Zoom link or schedule for the information session?
+1 (have not received one)

+1 (have not received one)
They do not send confirmations. You should receive emails about the information session and Blue Jeans link ~1 week prior to the scheduled interview.

Reactions: 2 users
I had my interview and it may have been my best. I don’t know if it’s more so because of the experience that I built up after multiple interviews, but the interviewers were very chill and the welcoming/warm energy was very apparent. I was making myself sick over reading the negative experiences, but mine went well. There are definitely some deep ethical questions and questions about medicine, but I wouldn’t say they were difficult.

Members don't see this ad :)
Top Tier waitlist. Interview 29 Jan. OOS

Hello all. I am curious. If you are an ORM and had an amazing interview, would it have been more likely that you were waitlisted as opposed to URM with a good-but-not-as-stellar interview? I am just wondering as I keep reading that you come off the waitlist in terms of matching demographics of another individual who is accepted giving up their seat.

Just cancelled my interview and withdrew my application. Hope it goes to one of y'all, best of luck!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Placed on WL today. Top tier. Interviewed 2/17. Not sure if the quick turn around is good or bad

Hello all. I am curious. If you are an ORM and had an amazing interview, would it have been more likely that you were waitlisted as opposed to URM with a good-but-not-as-stellar interview? I am just wondering as I keep reading that you come off the waitlist in terms of matching demographics of another individual who is accepted giving up their seat.
I feel like this isn’t a great speculation to make. I’m sure they interview plenty of people who are URM and have amazing interviews and get accepted and still more who have good or even great interviews and end up waitlisted.

Reactions: 4 users

Sounds like a massive headache to implement. At the end of the day getting called from the WL is probably just people going down a list of applicants ranked by preference.

How long after the interview do you find out about the decision? is it 3-5 weeks still??

I interviewed back in January but to give another idea of the timeline. I interviewed on Jan 6th and was waitlisted top-tier OOS on February 4th. About four weeks.

When does the WL start moving? And why does everyone say EVMS has great admission rates for OOS Top tier WL

Essentially, the way I've heard it is OOS are more likely to drop than IS. Then, in general, 2/3 of the class comes from the Waitlist we were told this on interview day. I think in the past it starts moving mid-late April and early May. I'm skeptical myself of the outcome but we'll see...

Edit: I hope I'm proved wrong since this is my favorite school, it's just that after a cycle of holds/Waitlists/other not great news I'm kind of skeptical of the outcome here as well.

Last edited:
  • Love
Essentially, the way I've heard it is OOS are more likely to drop than IS. Then, in general, 2/3 of the class comes from the Waitlist we were told this on interview day. I think in the past it starts moving mid-late April and early May. I'm skeptical myself of the outcome but we'll see...

Edit: I hope I'm proved wrong since this is my favorite school, it's just that after a cycle of holds/Waitlists/other not great news I'm kind of skeptical of the outcome here as well.
Same dude. I'm on 5 WL, 1 R, and 3 I haven't heard from

• Care
Has anyone else heard nothing after being completed in September?

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone else heard nothing after being completed in September?
yup

same boat

I emailed them last week and asked if they are still sending out interviews at this point in the cycle.

They said yes- but no other details were provided.

I just got waitlisted. Kinda surprised because my interview was only two weeks ago. Not sure of the position, because I can’t call in.

yaaaa boi really racking up those waitlists these days...4 for 4 :1poop:

Top 1/3, OOS

Edit: interviewed end of Feb

Last edited:
Waitlisted Top 1/3. IS. Interviewed mid February. Not too sure if I will get off as I have heard that the IS waitlist is much more slow-moving.

Another day another waitlist?
Top 1/3, interviewed 2/19, OOS

any direct acceptances or is the class full for now? 👀

Reactions: 3 users
When do we think movement off waitlist will start? I've been top tier OOS since Feb 4th. I think it normally starts mid-April but just curious to see what others think.

top tier waitlist this morning. interviewed 2/24. IS. Anyone know if there’s hope for us in state people? Trying to decide if I should have hope or not lol

Every medical school has to offer enough acceptances to fill the class at this point. As people start withdrawing, there should be more acceptances offered.

Students get access to UpToDate.

Looks like it's clear now that interviews from this point forward are exclusively for the waitlist. Didn't know schools actually do that.
For those who have interviewed: how long is the interview day/when does it start? Is it necessary to take a full day off work?