2020-2021 Eastern Virginia (EVMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I don’t know about the other person, but this was the hardest for me as well. It was the least conversational, the interviewers were the least friendly, I was asked what were in my opinion the hardest ethical questions, etc. easily my least favorite interview to the point where if I wasn’t interested in the school for personal reasons, I would have been turned off.
+1
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who was invited for an interview recently received any email confirmation for their date? a Zoom link or schedule for the information session?
 
A little late but got the A on Wednesday!! I interviewed last year and absolutely loved it, so I was super bummed when I got put in the middle third of the waitlist and eventually had to start a new cycle. I still can't believe I was actually accepted!!! I interviewed 1/20 and definitely felt like it was my hardest interview, and I babbled a bit at the start.

Fingers crossed for everyone!! I hope I get to see you on campus!😉
what time of day did they call you?
 
I had my interview and it may have been my best. I don’t know if it’s more so because of the experience that I built up after multiple interviews, but the interviewers were very chill and the welcoming/warm energy was very apparent. I was making myself sick over reading the negative experiences, but mine went well. There are definitely some deep ethical questions and questions about medicine, but I wouldn’t say they were difficult.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all. I am curious. If you are an ORM and had an amazing interview, would it have been more likely that you were waitlisted as opposed to URM with a good-but-not-as-stellar interview? I am just wondering as I keep reading that you come off the waitlist in terms of matching demographics of another individual who is accepted giving up their seat.
 
Hello all. I am curious. If you are an ORM and had an amazing interview, would it have been more likely that you were waitlisted as opposed to URM with a good-but-not-as-stellar interview? I am just wondering as I keep reading that you come off the waitlist in terms of matching demographics of another individual who is accepted giving up their seat.
I feel like this isn’t a great speculation to make. I’m sure they interview plenty of people who are URM and have amazing interviews and get accepted and still more who have good or even great interviews and end up waitlisted.
 
Hello all. I am curious. If you are an ORM and had an amazing interview, would it have been more likely that you were waitlisted as opposed to URM with a good-but-not-as-stellar interview? I am just wondering as I keep reading that you come off the waitlist in terms of matching demographics of another individual who is accepted giving up their seat.

Sounds like a massive headache to implement. At the end of the day getting called from the WL is probably just people going down a list of applicants ranked by preference.
 
Essentially, the way I've heard it is OOS are more likely to drop than IS. Then, in general, 2/3 of the class comes from the Waitlist we were told this on interview day. I think in the past it starts moving mid-late April and early May. I'm skeptical myself of the outcome but we'll see...

Edit: I hope I'm proved wrong since this is my favorite school, it's just that after a cycle of holds/Waitlists/other not great news I'm kind of skeptical of the outcome here as well.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Essentially, the way I've heard it is OOS are more likely to drop than IS. Then, in general, 2/3 of the class comes from the Waitlist we were told this on interview day. I think in the past it starts moving mid-late April and early May. I'm skeptical myself of the outcome but we'll see...

Edit: I hope I'm proved wrong since this is my favorite school, it's just that after a cycle of holds/Waitlists/other not great news I'm kind of skeptical of the outcome here as well.
Same dude. I'm on 5 WL, 1 R, and 3 I haven't heard from
 
I just got waitlisted. Kinda surprised because my interview was only two weeks ago. Not sure of the position, because I can’t call in.
 
When do we think movement off waitlist will start? I've been top tier OOS since Feb 4th. I think it normally starts mid-April but just curious to see what others think.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Every medical school has to offer enough acceptances to fill the class at this point. As people start withdrawing, there should be more acceptances offered.

Students get access to UpToDate.
 
Looks like it's clear now that interviews from this point forward are exclusively for the waitlist. Didn't know schools actually do that.
For those who have interviewed: how long is the interview day/when does it start? Is it necessary to take a full day off work?