UCONN vs. EVMS

Started by soseono25
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

soseono25

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everyone,

I was accepted to UCONN and was very excited. I loved UCONN because of its systems-based curriculum, its pass/fail grading, its opportunity for in-state tuition and it's closer to home (Boston).

I just recently received an interview invite from EVMS. I was wondering if anyone could comment on EVMS and if it may be a better choice than UCONN? I am trying to decide if I should attend the interview since I have spent quite a bit on interviews and missed many days of work.

I would really appreciate some input!

Thanks!!!
 
Last edited:
EVMS OOS tuition is literally twice UConn's in-state. Given that you're happy about the possibility of attending UConn, it seems very reasonable to decline the interview at EVMS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in-state at UConn and declined my EVMS interview, along with a bunch of others. For me, I'm not choosing anything over UConn unless it's a top school that has equal or less debt on average compared to UConn.