Quantcast

UNE Current Students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Muggs

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I was wondering if any current students at UNE Dental could comment on their experience thus far. What do you like/not like? Where do you see the program headed?

Upperbyte

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, there isn't much to comment on because nothing has begun yet, and the building is nearing the end of construction, but still more to go. Do you have specific q's?

wb1

Reaction score
Well, there isn't much to comment on because nothing has begun yet, and the building is nearing the end of construction, but still more to go. Do you have specific q's?

Thank you for volunteering to answer questions. I want to know if my $90 app fee worth investing for OOS student (I'm from the west). Without the prior statistic, how do I know if I got the 'best bang for my bucks'?

Upperbyte

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you for volunteering to answer questions. I want to know if my $90 app fee worth investing for OOS student (I'm from the west). Without the prior statistic, how do I know if I got the 'best bang for my bucks'?
I am not sure I understand the question, but I was accepted and am out of state.

cmF

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not sure I understand the question, but I was accepted and am out of state.

Did you have to provide an LOE from a volunteer coordinator/supervisor about your community service. I heard somewhere that's a requirement.

jeffity

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you have to provide an LOE from a volunteer coordinator/supervisor about your community service. I heard somewhere that's a requirement.

That was the plan from the start and they had it listed on their site/docs, but they scrapped that requirement.

cmF

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
That was the plan from the start and they had it listed on their site/docs, but they scrapped that requirement.

Thanks. I knew I wasn't imagining it cuz that's where I looked originally!

wb1

Reaction score

Thanks, Let me reword it.

Did anyone from outside of Maine got accepted to UNE? If you got accepted, are you from the neighboring state?

Upperbyte

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
From NH, got accepted. Many are from out of state. FL, Carolinas, etc

pclever

Reaction score
hi, buddy, do you mean you are accepted by UNE? When did you get the interview? It is so fact!
Thanks

Upperbyte

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, I start the end of august (orientation). I was invited for an interview for september, but I was working and rescheduled it for October. I did not get accepted the first batch on Dec. 3rd. I was sent an acceptance the following month, though. Most likely after others declined from the Dec. 3rd first acceptance group. I am a dental hygienist, I graduated with a bachelors in biological sciences from UNH with a 3.79. AADSAS gpa was lower. DAT was average in areas....TS 16, but RC was a 23. I think my interview went okay, not outstanding, but I was nervous and it was my first one. I felt I interviewed better at Tufts and was waitlisted....so sometimes you can't make yourself crazy on who or why they liked you or didn't like you.