University of Arizona c/o 2024?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had my interview today and I thought I did overall well! It was super relaxing and I felt like I was being interviewed for a job rather than a school so for me it helped me relax a lot. The interviewer was so kind and it seemed like we made a connection so I am hoping I did well. For those who are about to interview like everyone who interviewed prior, I can't stress enough you gotta head in there relaxed and open. They want to get to know you and think about your experiences. I laid everything out on the table and I was very open about my feelings and answers when she asked follow-up questions.

From what I remember, they said they are done sending out interview invites and they are going to be meeting up twice next month for decisions. But U of A if you are reading this I want to give you a big hug for making it seem so relaxing!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all! I have my interview this week and wanted to ask if anyone knew how many spots they still had available? I’m getting more and more nervous as it gets closer. Thanks so much!!

Hi all! I have my interview this week and wanted to ask if anyone knew how many spots they still had available? I’m getting more and more nervous as it gets closer. Thanks so much!!
I was wondering this as well. I have a virtual interview scheduled soon too. I’m so excited and nervous at the same time!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed last week and I believe they said they have roughly 28 spots that were offered(might have been accepted?). And have 110 spots. They continue to look at everyone on a rolling basis as they complete all the interviews. They explain everything pretty well at the interview! Also the interview is extremely comfortable I was worried but they made it easy!!

They must have done another round of acceptances today. Unfortunately I am still waitlisted :(

They must have done another round of acceptances today. Unfortunately I am still waitlisted :(
I just joined you today in limbo. I was waitlisted with them last year and never made it off. I’m going to be bummed if that happens again 😪

I just joined you today in limbo. I was waitlisted with them last year and never made it off. I’m going to be bummed if that happens again 😪
It’s definitely a bummer but still trying to stay hopeful for us 🤞🏻

Reactions: 1 user
I was wondering this as well. I have a virtual interview scheduled soon too. I’m so excited and nervous at the same time!
Honestly this was one of my favorite interviews I had this cycle! The questions were very generic but really gave you the opportunity to highlight your strengths and what you bring to the table as an applicant. My interviewer was AMAZING and I really connected with her through my answers. They’ll give you this advice on interview day but if you can try to answer the initial question in 4-5 minutes, this leaves ample opportunity for them to ask follow questions! I was incredibly nervous but felt so comfortable throughout the process and my nerves went away as soon as I started answering the first question. Good luck!

Do they do an actual official waitlist? Or do they just keep sending out a few acceptances at a time and you’re considered waitlisted if you’re not yet accepted? It seems like those of us still in consideration aren’t waitlisted, since we don’t have a decision either way.. but Arizona may do things differently than other schools.

I just recieved a phone call! OOS accepted! I'll be declining my seat! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they do an actual official waitlist? Or do they just keep sending out a few acceptances at a time and you’re considered waitlisted if you’re not yet accepted? It seems like those of us still in consideration aren’t waitlisted, since we don’t have a decision either way.. but Arizona may do things differently than other schools.
They did an official waitlist last year but it wasn’t sent out until March or April if I remember correctly.Last year there was pretty much no communication after you finished your interview up until you were notified of your waitlist spot so this is a little bit nicer. Last year no one was rejected after interviews everyone was waitlisted if they weren’t immediately accept and I think this year there will be rejections later down the road.

Does anyone know when admissions will be meeting this month? At my interview they said two times in March but didn’t give any specific dates... This is the last school I have to hear from and the wait is killing me!! I just want to know where I’ll be come August 😅

Does anyone know when admissions will be meeting this month? At my interview they said two times in March but didn’t give any specific dates... This is the last school I have to hear from and the wait is killing me!! I just want to know where I’ll be come August 😅
March 11th is the first date so they’ll send out status updates on March 12th

No no, the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month!! So the 11th and the 25th! 😂sorry I reread that and it was kind of confusing
oh okay lol You scared me for a second!! I thought they said the same thing too about decision date which is why I got scared lol.

Anyone here reapplied from their first cycle?? I did but got wait listed I have my interview next week!

Has anyone attended the optional meeting with admissions office and student panel the day before your interview? I’m debating on attending. Anyone have any comments about it?

Has anyone attended the optional meeting with admissions office and student panel the day before your interview? I’m debating on attending. Anyone have any comments about it?
I did and found it very helpful!

Yes, it’s a good opportunity to be able to ask questions about the program and they’ll usually give an update of how many spots are left etc. it is optional so if you have work or something I wouldn’t stress yourself out trying to be there 😊

Hi all! I am interviewing on Friday and am wondering, what the “initial question” is like is it a behavioral question or more like an MMI question? I’ve never done this type of interview so I’m very nervous.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi all! I am interviewing on Friday and am wondering, what the “initial question” is like is it a behavioral question or more like an MMI question? I’ve never done this type of interview so I’m very nervous.
Thanks!
I felt like they were like a mix of standard questions you might get in a job interview mixed with an MMI undertone XD. Just have a lot of experiences in your back pocket that may have happened to you at work or school to think back on and guide you!

Is another round of acceptances supposed to go out tomorrow or are they meeting tomorrow and sending updates on friday? i am getting so anxious to hear back

Is another round of acceptances supposed to go out tomorrow or are they meeting tomorrow and sending updates on friday? i am getting so anxious to hear back
Another round is supposed to be this week. 2nd and 4th week of March. I think someone said Thursday!! 🤞🏻

Another round is supposed to be this week. 2nd and 4th week of March. I think someone said Thursday!! 🤞🏻
I’ve been a nervous wreck all week so I hope they come sooner rather than later!

I’ve been a nervous wreck all week so I hope they come sooner rather than later!
The last update I got was around 8 am on a Thursday, so I expect it will be around the same time!

I felt like they were like a mix of standard questions you might get in a job interview mixed with an MMI undertone XD. Just have a lot of experiences in your back pocket that may have happened to you at work or school to think back on and guide you!

Thank you for the advice! I definitely will think of some more experiences to pull from!

Hello! I believe they said the 12th of the month. So most probably Friday!

Just got an email a round was sent out today. :( still in waiting

Just got an email a round was sent out today. :( still in waiting
OOF same here, that's a little discouraging..I thought my interview went well.. 🤷‍♀️ please let me in U of A!! I would kill to get into your program!! 😂

I swore they said the were gonna make the decisions on Friday the 12th (tomorrow). A little surprised that they didn’t stick to the timeline. I just received a “still considered” email. Did anyone get an acceptance call?

Also got an email :/ kinda bummed but it’s better than a rejection I guess! This is the last school I have to hear from and my #1 choice so the wait is killing me

Still waiting...

Last edited:
Also got an email :/ kinda bummed but it’s better than a rejection I guess! This is the last school I have to hear from and my #1 choice so the wait is killing me
Same! I have one more school to hear from, but U of A has always been my number #1.

Also got an email saying that I’m still being considered and was hoping for an acceptance. The waiting game sucks!! It’s my last school option & it’s my top choice I really want to get in 😩🙏🏼

Does anyone know how they make their admissions decisions? How important your interview is vs GPA vs hours/essays/LOR? There is such little information out there about it all and these rounds of acceptances just confuse me more lol

Does anyone know how they make their admissions decisions? How important your interview is vs GPA vs hours/essays/LOR? There is such little information out there about it all and these rounds of acceptances just confuse me more lol

Hello UA CVM Admissions Office here. We utilize a holistic review approach and consider experiences, attributes, and metrics. We want a well-rounded student who is academically sound but also has relevant experiences in the field. We also look at applicants that demonstrate a clear motivation for the field and are prepared for the rigors of the program.

Reactions: 3 users
Does being present in the "next steps" portion following the MMI play a role on admissions decisions? By present i mean having your camera on, paying full attention, etc.

Does being present in the "next steps" portion following the MMI play a role on admissions decisions? By present i mean having your camera on, paying full attention, etc.
No it does not. The committee does not know who was present in the next steps.

I posted on APVMA but got no answers so I'm going to post here!
I'm still a bit lost on what they meant lecture free?? I understand it's pre-recorded lectures but is that it? You have the lectures then read/study and prepare for hands on class? How do they present the material you need to learn?