University of Arizona c/o 2024?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW INVITE!! OH MY GOD IM CRYING!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats to everyone who got an interview!!
Is anyone else in the boat of not hearing anything at all? I was put under review 10/29 and I can’t help but feel discouraged that I haven’t been invited to interview yet (but also haven’t been denied?)

Reactions: 6 users
Yup, same here.

Is anyone else in the boat of not hearing anything at all? I was put under review 10/29 and I can’t help but feel discouraged that I haven’t been invited to interview yet (but also haven’t been denied?)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Same, put into review 11/17

Reactions: 1 user
Same here. I emailed admissions asking about a status update and they said they are still sending out denials and MMI invites every week. They said we should hear back from them by February. I keep telling myself, no news is good news! Keep your head up!

Reactions: 2 users
Info presented at today's MMI from Admission Staff:
They invited 226 and will be inviting 74 more to INTERVIEW
Of the 226, 61 were IS and 165 were OOS.

Also after you interview, decisions are released on a rolling basis. For example, the earliest we will hear back from today's interview session is the first two weeks of February. You are notified if you are accepted, and if not, you will be notified your application is still under review every month. If you are not accepted right away, you are still in consideration through March when they will release their final decisions. Hope this is helpful! Best of luck everyone! 🙏

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Info presented at today's MMI from Admission Staff:
They invited 226 and will be inviting 74 more
Of the 226, 61 were IS and 165 were OOS.

Also after you interview, decisions are released on a rolling basis. For example, the earliest we will hear back from today's interview session is the first two weeks of February. You are notified if you are accepted, and if not, you will be notified your application is still under review every month. If you are not accepted right away, you are still in consideration through March when they will release their final decisions. Hope this is helpful! Best of luck everyone!

By invite do you mean for admissions or to interview

After not hearing anything for months, I just got my rejection email. Really bummed but hoping everyone else has better news soon!
Was it a complete rejection or did they say you weren’t selected at this time but will continue to be cycled through?

To interview! Sorry about the confusion! I edited my original post

No, thank you for sharing that information I appreciate it and I’m sure everyone else who’s waiting does too! Thank you! Everyone who got rejected I know this might not make you feel any better but I’m trying to remember that this is just a hard year for admissions with the surge in applications and it is by no means a negative reflection of you as a person. Keep your head up!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone give some insight into the format of the MMI at Arizona? It seems like a big time block off for only 3 questions lol!

Can anyone give some insight into the format of the MMI at Arizona? It seems like a big time block off for only 3 questions lol!
Hi there! The actual interview isn’t very long, I think you answer each question for 7 min (and you get a little time to prepare before you have to answer). The rest of the time is presentations and a q&a about the school. It was really nice to get so much info about the school and to hear answers to other people’s questions that I hadn’t thought of!

Yeah I was intimidated by the 7 minute length but honestly if you prepare classic MMI questions, def find some online and practice, it will feel easy to talk for that long. I got asked 1 follow up per question after talking for like 75% of the 7 minutes on my original answer.

Yeah I was intimidated by the 7 minute length but honestly if you prepare classic MMI questions, def find some online and practice, it will feel easy to talk for that long. I got asked 1 follow up per question after talking for like 75% of the 7 minutes on my original answer.
Awesome thank you! This will be my first MMI so I’m not 100% sure what to expect. I’m sure you can’t give specifics but were the questions more geared towards veterinary knowledge or more everyday life situations?

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome thank you! This will be my first MMI so I’m not 100% sure what to expect. I’m sure you can’t give specifics but were the questions more geared towards veterinary knowledge or more everyday life situations?
More everyday life situations

My application was put under review on 12/22 and I received a rejection email today at 12pm PST. Wanted to share because I know many people are anxious about not hearing back... I feel like no news is good news! Best of luck to everyone! :)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone heard anything today? I’ve just been manically checking my email

Has anyone heard anything today? I’ve just been manically checking my email
I’ve had no word since my interview in mid-December. I hear you on the email thing! I was doing so well until New Years and now I check my email constantly 😅

Did they say another round of decisions would be sent out today?
I’m just still waiting for an interview invite lol. I don’t know about any decisions coming out.

Does anyone have any idea how many they waitlisted/how much that list moved last year?
I honestly have no idea, I haven't done much research on the waitlist since I have been more worried about getting denied. Now before I say anything, I just want to point out that U of A is my number one choice school! :rofl: But taking all the bias out of the way, I suspect that either two things will happen.. Either 1.) A high turn over rate of waitlists because of obvious reasons or 2.) it will be slow movement of the waitlist because of the spike in applications. I am hoping that I am accepted or at least waitlisted because U of A sounds like an amazing program!

I honestly have no idea, I haven't done much research on the waitlist since I have been more worried about getting denied. Now before I say anything, I just want to point out that U of A is my number one choice school! :rofl: But taking all the bias out of the way, I suspect that either two things will happen.. Either 1.) A high turn over rate of waitlists because of obvious reasons or 2.) it will be slow movement of the waitlist because of the spike in applications. I am hoping that I am accepted or at least waitlisted because U of A sounds like an amazing program!
lol I get it haha! I’m trying to run some numbers in my head based on number of seats/number interviewed and how that translates to acceptances and waitlist seats! Basically trying to figure out my odds after this interview 😂 it’s hard only having one application cycle to base it off of!

• Haha
lol I get it haha! I’m trying to run some numbers in my head based on number of seats/number interviewed and how that translates to acceptances and waitlist seats! Basically trying to figure out my odds after this interview 😂 it’s hard only having one application cycle to base it off of!
I'm honestly the same way, I've been trying to figure out my odds as well lol. I am hoping for the high turnover rate because I love this school but we shall see..

Did anyone get an acceptance today? They said some were sent out. They do monthly acceptances, but it doesn't look like too many people have posted acceptances here yet. Hopefully that is a good sign for all of us waiting.

Did anyone get an acceptance today? They said some were sent out. They do monthly acceptances, but it doesn't look like too many people have posted acceptances here yet. Hopefully that is a good sign for all of us waiting.

I’m still waiting for an interview invite

I received an email today from the school saying that a round of acceptances was sent out. No decision on my application yet!

I got the same email too, I emailed them and asked and they’ve only sent out 28 acceptances so far and I don’t think all have accepted the offer yet

Does anyone have any idea how many they waitlisted/how much that list moved last year?
I’m not sure about out of state but I’m pretty sure in state only moved 5 people last year☹️

Also just got OOS rejection

• Care
Also got an OOS rejection. Not too upset about it since I hadn’t heard from them since October anyway. Good luck to everyone with an interview!!

Still haven’t heard a thing here since October 🤷‍♀️

Good luck everyone who’s still waiting! <3

Hi all!! I have an interview with Arizona on 2/26. Does anyone have any tips or what questions to prepare for? Thanks so much!!